Heard an absolutely creepy sound today.....
I was at my neighbors house (we are good friends and have lived next to each other for 20 years). His house is about 1/4 mile forme mine.
I was helping him take out an oak tree behind his house that was killed from oak wilt. We worked cutting from this morning took a lunch break and continued until about 3pm (Texas Time) where we stopped because I wanted to sharpen the chain on my saw. So we are sitting there and we hear this "scream" that lasted for about 5 seconds. It was coming from the wooded area between his property and mine (cedar and oak trees).
It Damn sure raised the hairs on my neck !!!
It is hard to describe - think of an eagle scream about 3 octaves lower....
He went in his house and came out with an M-14 and an M-1 Garand both fully loaded and handed me the M-1. We walked around thru the woods all the way up to my property and then back and saw or heard nothing.
I have heard all sorts of wild life (Bobcats, Cougars, Bears, Wild Boars) and I have never experienced a sound like that and my buddy said he never has either.
Definately Creepy !!!!!
Gunpowder smoke behind the Dogwood trees
[-] The following 16 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • =42, Apache54, Aquarius, Arkan_Ted, Capslock, Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, Dough Dude, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Hot Nickles, IDR, John, phxsparks, tacoavenger17, Wing-ed
Like Reply
Bigfoot! That's the way they sound! The chainsaw noise was probably disturbing them. Look up Bigfoot sightings where you live! 

I'm serious.
[Image: w6haJ09.png]Adopt a Kruger. Ask DaJavoo!

Please Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse!

We never know how high we are, till we are called to rise. And then, if we are true to plan our statures touch the skies. Emily Dickinson
[-] The following 17 users Like Sassy's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Capslock, Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Heir, Hot Nickles, IDR, John, mountain man, Nightstalker2.0, phxsparks, Scuffalufacus, sevenx, Wing-ed
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 04:05 PM)Sassy Wrote: Bigfoot! That's the way they sound! The chainsaw noise was probably disturbing them. Look up Bigfoot sightings where you live! 

I'm serious.
No Bigfeets ever have been sighted around here.
This is a rural area but by no means remote.
There are farms and ranches all up and down the road and houses throughout the area.
Besides, I have heard the "Bigfoot howls" on the various websites and this was not anything close.
[-] The following 8 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Arkan_Ted, Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, Hot Nickles, IDR, John
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 04:12 PM)Grendelmort Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 04:05 PM)Sassy Wrote: Bigfoot! That's the way they sound! The chainsaw noise was probably disturbing them. Look up Bigfoot sightings where you live! 

I'm serious.
No Bigfeets ever have been sighted around here.
This is a rural area but by no means remote.
There are farms and ranches all up and down the road and houses throughout the area.
Besides, I have heard the "Bigfoot howls" on the various websites and this was not anything close.

They have been seen in cities. They don't just howl, they scream and it is an awful sound. I'll try to find an example when I get home!  Heartflowers At least I'll know you compared it to what I'm thinking of.
[Image: w6haJ09.png]Adopt a Kruger. Ask DaJavoo!

Please Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse!

We never know how high we are, till we are called to rise. And then, if we are true to plan our statures touch the skies. Emily Dickinson
[-] The following 6 users Like Sassy's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Elric, Grendelmort, Hot Nickles, IDR
Like Reply
Are you familiar with how a black panther or mountain lion sounds when they scream it is similar to a woman's screaming and is quite hair raising.

There are black panther (jaguar's) in certain parts of Texas, I had them come onto my property there with cubs. They come out of Mexico so I was I told.
[-] The following 8 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Elric, Grendelmort, Hot Nickles, IDR, John, RedAuroras, Sassy
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 04:28 PM)Apache54 Wrote: Are you familiar with how a black panther or mountain lion sounds when they scream it is similar to a woman's screaming and is quite hair raising.

There are black panther (jaguar's) in certain parts of Texas, I had them come onto my property there with cubs. They come out of Mexico so I was I told.
Yes I have heard a mountain lion - this sound was nothing like that. I have also heard bobcats.
This sound (scream) is not on any scale of any animal I am familiar with.
I have hunted all of my life and spent time in the forest for extended period of time. Plus I spent 21 years in the Army (Infantry) and have been in the wild areas all over the world - never have heard anything like this !
[-] The following 4 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Apache54, Arkan_Ted, Hot Nickles, Sassy
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 04:28 PM)Apache54 Wrote: Are you familiar with how a black panther or mountain lion sounds when they scream it is similar to a woman's screaming and is quite hair raising.

When I was a kid, there were reports of a panther prowling eastern KS very close to the MO border. An old family friend took his son and me on a little trip to the river bottoms. From the road, you could see trees with missing bark that the cat had been using as giant scratching posts. Claw marks and all.
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like RedAuroras's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Arkan_Ted, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Heir, Hot Nickles, IDR, John, Sassy
Like Reply
@Sassy might be right . This is just one source

[Image: wtLcoxY.jpg]

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=tx

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Elric, Hot Nickles, Sassy
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 04:40 PM)RedAuroras Wrote:

When I was a kid, there were reports of a panther prowling eastern KS very close to the MO border. An old family friend took his son and me on a little trip to the river bottoms. From the road, you could see trees with missing bark that the cat had been using as giant scratching posts. Claw marks and all.
There were 2 or 3 pics of them on the Res just north of here since fall

[-] The following 3 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Apache54, Hot Nickles, RedAuroras
Like Reply
Could be a Dogman too

[-] The following 6 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Apache54, Dangerously Nameless, Hot Nickles, IDR, Sami aka Roxi, Sassy
Like Reply