Ye Olde Cock & Bull Tavern ~ Adventures Surfin' Thru the Time Rift ~ Welcome!
[Image: WXoripw.png]

https://dougbillings.us/video/dougs-inte...gh-dundas/
[Image: LnNDwC8.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, Elric, FlyoverCountry, gallowglassie, Goldilocks, jedijuju, K1ll_R06U3, Sassy, sloonie
Like Reply
[Image: UNhzxtO.png]

https://dougbillings.us/video/breaking-n...-mcinerny/
[-] The following 7 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Billy, CalledOutOne, chancyspook, Elric, Goldilocks, K1ll_R06U3, Sassy
Like Reply
  • Billy, chancyspook, Elric, Goldilocks, jedijuju, K1ll_R06U3, Sassy
Like Reply
(05-05-2021, 03:30 PM)Sassy Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 01:33 PM)HomelessPatriot Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 01:14 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
My place years ago.... Chuckle real photo....

[Image: kAuv3IV.jpg]

What did you do? I've had them on my deck before but never opening the door!

Easy loud noise and he took off. Scatter or Splatter I always say. Chuckle  It was my neighbors fault, crazy dude fed them next door all the time and they would wander over.

[Image: AwyKpQp.jpg][Image: XXyl0qa.jpg]
Executive Order 13848—Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election
[-] The following 11 users Like HomelessPatriot's post:
  • Billy, BirdLady2, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, Hero Protagonist, K1ll_R06U3, Sassy, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
Have a great day Patrons I'm going ridin' and remember......

[Image: dWpS5j4.jpg]
Executive Order 13848—Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election
[-] The following 15 users Like HomelessPatriot's post:
  • Billy, BirdLady2, CalledOutOne, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, FlyoverCountry, gallowglassie, Goldilocks, John, K1ll_R06U3, Pintaday, Sassy, SlowLoris, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
oops dp
[-] The following 10 users Like ishtahota's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, Goldilocks, jedijuju, K1ll_R06U3, Pintaday, SlowLoris, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 07:19 AM)ishtahota Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:29 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:14 AM)ishtahota Wrote: Yep.

The top is just corrugated steel like the sides. The bottom is meant to hold 80 thousand lbs + -

[Image: UnrnWuw.jpg]

If you are on flat ground it will be mucho harder to deal with drainage without pumps but your air vents could go up into an existing structure. (house barn ect) or trees. You can also elevate the buried structure on a platform with enough 'void' under to support mucho water before pumping is necessary?

Mornin'

Mornin' Ish!

Thanks for the pic of the floor construction!   [Image: aEsPK4t.gif]

Of course the answer is to place the containers on the HIGH side of the property ~ but french drains or voids with or without drainage pipes (a la' septic tank) would work if the property is naturally boggy.  You'd have to do that anyway if ya' were plannin' on a septic type refuse system.

Not so sure that containers would be all that much less expensive than doin' the block structure like you're plannin, Ish.

To my way of thinkin' a container bolt-hole is just that ~ ideal for storms ~ not so much for the long haul, but fair enuff shelter if yer burned out or sumpin'.

For the long haul, cinder blocks offer a lot more variety in assembly and atmosphere in the final dwelling ~ they won't rust either.   

Containers limit in width and will not last for the ages.

>snip<

Containers seem great and are extremely useful in so many ways. Above ground being best.

My property is a cul-de-sac carved on the side of the mountain about 50 feet elev. off the gravel rd. and 100 feet up the side of a mountain and 50 in. The cul-de-sac ends facing the other side of the Holler (or gorge).

My plan was always to make a driveway that continues off the cul-de-sac (left of the barn) and back down holler to the gravel rd. Pulling up a trailer with wood, unloading, and backing down the mnt or popping off the trailer and spinning it around is a pain in the ass. So bringing in dirt and make a driveway down the other side makes sense.

I would be filling up a volume of about 4 containers stacked stairstep in order to make the driveway.

Seems like an awful waste of space.

Chuckle  So that is where my first 12 x 20 structure will go. Buried under the new driveway. That will lead up to the Cul-de-sac and into the one under the cul-de-sac. and that will lead into the one in the side of the mnt.

here, an in-depth drawing made with my left hand whilst feeding a baby and typing..
The cul-de-sac is banked with 6feet of RR-ties on the left. I am simply adding another one 3 feet out with a slab roof which conveniently makes it a tunnel from my house to the shelters

V6sRZf4

Now the first one will be the one that hides under the driveway off of the cul-de-sac and tunnels to the house.

Tunnels are nice ~ naturally, one or two escape routes, as well.  [Image: CBciNm4.jpg]

Will they be block construction, too?  Standing height?  large enuff to transport bulky items?  Alt storage areas?   [Image: PyaBa6N.gif]
  • Billy, chancyspook, Elric, Goldilocks, ishtahota, K1ll_R06U3, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 07:26 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:19 AM)ishtahota Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:29 AM)DaJavoo Wrote: Mornin' Ish!

Thanks for the pic of the floor construction!   [Image: aEsPK4t.gif]

Of course the answer is to place the containers on the HIGH side of the property ~ but french drains or voids with or without drainage pipes (a la' septic tank) would work if the property is naturally boggy.  You'd have to do that anyway if ya' were plannin' on a septic type refuse system.

Not so sure that containers would be all that much less expensive than doin' the block structure like you're plannin, Ish.

To my way of thinkin' a container bolt-hole is just that ~ ideal for storms ~ not so much for the long haul, but fair enuff shelter if yer burned out or sumpin'.

For the long haul, cinder blocks offer a lot more variety in assembly and atmosphere in the final dwelling ~ they won't rust either.   

Containers limit in width and will not last for the ages.

>snip<

Containers seem great and are extremely useful in so many ways. Above ground being best.

My property is a cul-de-sac carved on the side of the mountain about 50 feet elev. off the gravel rd. and 100 feet up the side of a mountain and 50 in. The cul-de-sac ends facing the other side of the Holler (or gorge).

My plan was always to make a driveway that continues off the cul-de-sac (left of the barn) and back down holler to the gravel rd. Pulling up a trailer with wood, unloading, and backing down the mnt or popping off the trailer and spinning it around is a pain in the ass. So bringing in dirt and make a driveway down the other side makes sense.

I would be filling up a volume of about 4 containers stacked stairstep in order to make the driveway.

Chuckle  So that is where my first 12 x 20 structure will go. Buried under the new driveway. That will lead up to the Cul-de-sac and into the one under the cul-de-sac. and that will lead into the one in the side of the mnt.

here, an in-depth drawing made with my left hand whilst feeding a baby and typing..
The cul-de-sac is banked with 6feet of RR-ties on the left. I am simply adding another one 3 feet out with a slab roof which conveniently makes it a tunnel from my house to the shelters

V6sRZf4

Now the first one will be the one that hides under the driveway off of the cul-de-sac and tunnels to the house.

Tunnels are nice ~ naturally, one or two escape routes, as well.  [Image: CBciNm4.jpg]

Will they be block construction, too?  Standing height?  large enuff to transport bulky items?  Alt storage areas?   [Image: PyaBa6N.gif]

The cul-de-sac is banked at 6.5' on the left. from under my house/porch, all the way around [60'] to the shop(which will have its own entrance). I will just build another RR-tie embankment (free) so it appears the same from the rd. Add a slab roof and instant 6.5+-x 3' tunnel. (yes it will be lined with 4' block. 4" poured floor/roof, air vents, paint and slits for observation of the lower property.) The estimated cost for the tunnel is $900. My house also hangs off the mnt about 7'. so the 'tunnel' conveniently goes under my kitchen.

They would predominately be used for secure travel between structures but will have the room to bring through supplies. MOST LARGE items will be built in before complete. But whatever you can bring into a house door you can carry into each shelter.

I would simply 'Form' the walls but a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 2x4 prices are OUTRAGEOS! Imagine brick and steel (which I can get any dimensional steel at scrap prices from a neighbor) being cheaper!

This all seems extravagant but really the lay-of-the-land makes it easier.

It is screaming for this to be done!

Chuckle
[Image: QvuOAGw.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like ishtahota's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, Goldilocks, jedijuju, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 07:51 AM)ishtahota Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:26 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:19 AM)ishtahota Wrote: Containers seem great and are extremely useful in so many ways. Above ground being best.

V6sRZf4

The cul-de-sac is banked at 6.5' on the left. from under my house/porch, all the way around [60'] to the shop(which will have its own entrance). I will just build another RR-tie embankment (free) so it appears the same from the rd. Add a slab roof and instant tunnel. (yes it will be lined with 4' block. 4" poured floor/roof, air vents, and slits for observation of the lower property.) The estimated cost for the tunnel is $900. My house also hangs off the mnt about 7'. so the 'tunnel' conveniently goes under my kitchen.

I would simply 'Form' the walls but a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 2x4 prices are OUTRAGEOS! Imagine brick and steel (which I can get any dimensional steel at scrap prices from a neighbor) being cheaper!

Chuckle

Indeed ~ Price of lumber is going to create a new fashion of block constructed housing.   Facepalm

Of course, there is the steel framing alternative that's been trying to edge out traditional lumber for years ~ it may have its day yet.

Hope everything conspires to make this a soon reality for you and yer tribe, @ishtahota   [Image: aEsPK4t.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, Elric, Goldilocks, jedijuju
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 07:56 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:51 AM)ishtahota Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:26 AM)DaJavoo Wrote: Tunnels are nice ~ naturally, one or two escape routes, as well.  [Image: CBciNm4.jpg]

The cul-de-sac is banked at 6.5' on the left. from under my house/porch, all the way around [60'] to the shop(which will have its own entrance). I will just build another RR-tie embankment (free) so it appears the same from the rd. Add a slab roof and instant tunnel. (yes it will be lined with 4' block. 4" poured floor/roof, air vents, and slits for observation of the lower property.) The estimated cost for the tunnel is $900. My house also hangs off the mnt about 7'. so the 'tunnel' conveniently goes under my kitchen.

Chuckle

Indeed ~ Price of lumber is going to create a new fashion of block constructed housing.   Facepalm

Of course, there is the steel framing alternative that's been trying to edge out traditional lumber for years ~ it may have its day yet.

Hope everything conspires to make this a soon reality for you and yer tribe, @ishtahota   [Image: aEsPK4t.gif]

Starting the first one in a month.
I gotta get the driveway off the other side of the cul-de-sac anyways.

Honestly, I am stuck between a show-and-tell on this site and a hard no on info.

Loose lips and all.

1dunno1
[Image: QvuOAGw.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like ishtahota's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, Goldilocks, jedijuju, SlowLoris, SouthernBelle
Like Reply