WEATHER WARNING // It's All CYA Politics Now, People Demand Answers
Sunday through Thursday predicted but, reports vary.

Shop/Stock up now. Rolling power blackouts are predicted.

Stay safe..

Heartflowers

Snip
Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Fort Worth TX
415 AM CST Fri Feb 12 2021

TXZ091>095-100>107-115>123-129>135-141>148-156>162-174-175-131015-
Montague-Cooke-Grayson-Fannin-Lamar-Young-Jack-Wise-Denton-Collin-
Hunt-Delta-Hopkins-Stephens-Palo Pinto-Parker-Tarrant-Dallas-
Rockwall-Kaufman-Van Zandt-Rains-Eastland-Erath-Hood-Somervell-
Johnson-Ellis-Henderson-Comanche-Mills-Hamilton-Bosque-Hill-Navarro-
Freestone-Anderson-Lampasas-Coryell-Bell-McLennan-Falls-Limestone-
Leon-Milam-Robertson-
415 AM CST Fri Feb 12 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for North and Central Texas.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.
Patchy freezing drizzle is possible this morning generally southeast
of a line from Temple to Athens and across most of the region
overnight. Accumulations are unlikely, but a thin glaze may
occasionally develop on area bridges and overpasses.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.
Patchy freezing drizzle will be possible area-wide on Saturday, and a
light wintry mix is possible Saturday night.

Exceptionally cold conditions are likely this weekend through the
middle of next week. Wind chill values will fall to or below zero in
many areas starting Saturday night and continuing through at least
Tuesday.

Snow is expected across most of the region late Sunday through
Monday. Some significant accumulations may occur with temperatures
falling below 10 degrees and blustery conditions. Significant
disruptions to travel will likely result.

Another round of accumulating snow will arrive Tuesday night or
Wednesday. Additional travel impacts are possible.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...
Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

https://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=fwd&wwa=hazardous%20weather%20outlook

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 10 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Hot Nickles, Ironhide, mountain man, SkyCat, SlowLoris, TomBoy, TXmimi, Wingsprint
Like Reply
https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus_band.php?sat=G16&band=GEOCOLOR&length=24

[Image: 3Bq4yCA.jpg]

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 6 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Hot Nickles, Ironhide, SkyCat, SlowLoris
Like Reply
I was terrified, I am not good on ice, I was praying for a window to get to town all week, I drove 30 miles an hour....

I thought we were only gonna have a week of polar, then freaking another week of sub polar....Went to feed store all brooder light fixtures gone, I have some just was gonna get extra, and then at the Walmart, an entire freezer of milk gone....it was jammed....

Feeding hundreds of wild birds, cardinals, blue jays, eastern meadowlarks with lemon colored breast, the simple brown doves, a few red headed wood peckers, sparrows, lots of little black ones, starlings?

Chickens have a warm barn, but goaty and piggy are in a plain big metal barn with heat lamps, gonna have to wrap them in feather down quilts, old ones....they like bales of hay and make big hay beds....

But goaty is a kashmir long haired goat and he was shivering this morning, so got 4 extra bales of hay for a hay castle...

It is usually low of thirty but it was like 15 this morning....I am wrapped up like a penguin...brrr cold......
[-] The following 9 users Like hurchel's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Cedar, Heir, Hot Nickles, Lady Lionhill, Sassy, SlowLoris, TomBoy
Like Reply
(02-12-2021, 04:12 PM)hurchel Wrote: I was terrified, I am not good on ice, I was praying for a window to get to town all week, I drove 30 miles an hour....

I thought we were only gonna have a week of polar, then freaking another week of sub polar....Went to feed store all brooder light fixtures gone, I have some just was gonna get extra, and then at the Walmart, an entire freezer of milk gone....it was jammed....

Feeding hundreds of wild birds, cardinals, blue jays, eastern meadowlarks with lemon colored breast, the simple brown doves, a few red headed wood peckers, sparrows, lots of little black ones, starlings?

Chickens have a warm barn, but goaty and piggy are in a plain big metal barn with heat lamps, gonna have to wrap them in feather down quilts, old ones....they like bales of hay and make big hay beds....

But goaty is a kashmir long haired goat and he was shivering this morning, so got 4 extra bales of hay for a hay castle...

It is usually low of thirty but it was like 15 this morning....I am wrapped up like a penguin...brrr cold......

Hay is a good heat insulator.

Be careful of using any heaters around hay.

Do you have neighbor friends ?

[-] The following 4 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Hot Nickles, hurchel
Like Reply
Thanks for sharing!

It's going to get down to 9 degrees here in San Antonio by Monday morning. First time I have ever insulated the outside faucets. Stay warm and safe folks.

It's going to snow. Nice.
[-] The following 5 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Hot Nickles, hurchel, Max
Like Reply
(02-12-2021, 04:27 PM)Arkan_Ted Wrote: Thanks for sharing!

It's going to get down to 9 degrees here in San Antonio by Monday morning. First time I have ever insulated the outside faucets. Stay warm and safe folks.

Yeah, wrap them in that foil fiberglass insulation. Be sure to let them drip.. no burst pipes.

Snip

Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidypeeth
Most liquids have a quite simple behavior when they are cooled (at a fixed pressure): they shrink. The liquid contract as it is cooled; because the molecules are moving slower they are less able to overcome the attractive inter-molecular forces drawing them closer to each other. Then the freezing temperature is reached, and the substance solidifies, which causes it to contract some more because crystalline solids are usually tightly packed. Water is one of the few exceptions to this behavior. When liquid water is cooled, it contracts like one would expect until a temperature of approximately 4 degrees Celsius is reached. After that, it expands slightly until it reaches the freezing point, and then when it freezes it expands by approximately 9%. This unusual behavior has its origin in the structure of the water molecule. There is a strong tendency to form a network of hydrogen bonds, where each hydrogen atom is in a line between two oxygen atoms. This hydrogen bonding tendency gets stronger as the temperature gets lower (because there is less thermal energy to shake the hydrogen bonds out of position). The ice structure is completely hydrogen bonded, and these bonds force the crystalline structure to be very "open"

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Why-is...s-freezing

[-] The following 4 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Arkan_Ted, Cedar, Hot Nickles
Like Reply
You folks in the line of freezing- Be well, be warm.

Our Pac NW sugar frosting of snow is nothing to worry about. Bit chilly is all.
The wind will be kicking up and more snow the next couple days, but maybe 4 inches total.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 5 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Hot Nickles, hurchel, Sassy
Like Reply
(02-12-2021, 03:56 PM)Max Gravity Wrote: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus_band.php?sat=G16&band=GEOCOLOR&length=24

Great shot.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 4 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Hot Nickles, hurchel
Like Reply
(02-12-2021, 04:39 PM)PickleSnout Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:56 PM)Max Gravity Wrote: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus_band.php?sat=G16&band=GEOCOLOR&length=24

Great shot.

Off to the image left is what's coming.

[-] The following 6 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Heir, Hot Nickles, hurchel, MysticPizza
Like Reply
My weather for the Southern Sacramento's is Sunday +2 with up to 12 inches of snow.

Wife is going to make some homemade deer/elk meat chili and a separate pot of pinto beans.

YUMMY for cold weather!
[-] The following 12 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Capnron, Cedar, FlyoverCountry, Heir, Hot Nickles, hurchel, ID Rick, Max, MysticPizza, Sassy, SlowLoris
Like Reply