WEATHER WARNING // Have All Effected Gotten Power And Water Back On ?
(02-13-2021, 05:48 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: Hasn't climbed above 29 here in Central Texas and out here in the boonies everything is a sheet of ice (roads included).
Got the Jeep J10 out and fired it up ran it for awhile.
Gotta make a run to HEB and pick up some stuff today before snow and cold really hit next week.

Studded tires?

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 3 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Grendelmort, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(02-13-2021, 08:30 AM)Max Gravity Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 05:48 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: Hasn't climbed above 29 here in Central Texas and out here in the boonies everything is a sheet of ice (roads included).
Gotta make a run to HEB and pick up some stuff today before snow and cold really hit next week.

Studded tires?

I have used studded tires for years, From my experience IF you use them correctly they will keep you out of trouble.

IF they aren't enough then chains is the only other option and generally they are for when the snow gets really deep, OR when off-roading and the mud is supper slick and or deep.
[-] The following 4 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Capnron, hurchel, Max, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(02-13-2021, 10:04 AM)Apache54 Wrote:

Studded tires?

I have used studded tires for years,  From my experience IF you use them correctly they will keep you out of trouble.

IF they aren't enough then chains is the only other option and generally they are for when the snow gets really deep, OR when off-roading and the mud is supper slick and or deep.

The last set of chains I got for my car are made of 1/4" woven wire cable. they're easier to put on and have a better grip on Ice.

Black Ice is a big problem up in the mountains. A curve near us always collected a pile of BMW's during ski season. The local Tow Truck guy made huge money on that turn in the highway.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 2 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, MysticPizza
Like Reply
(02-13-2021, 01:32 PM)Max Gravity Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 10:04 AM)Apache54 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 08:30 AM)Max Gravity Wrote: Studded tires?

I have used studded tires for years,  From my experience IF you use them correctly they will keep you out of trouble.

The last set of chains I got for my car are made of  1/4" woven wire cable. they're easier to put on and have a better grip on Ice.

Black Ice is a big problem up in the mountains. A curve near us always collected a pile of BMW's during ski season. The local Tow Truck guy made huge money on that turn in the highway.
You say that with such non غير مبال

Chuckle

Hope all stays safe Heartflowers
[-] The following 2 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • Apache54, Capnron
Like Reply

Studded tires?
Not studded, but they have some pretty aggressive tread (Goodyears). The truck is a 4x4 and it drives pretty good in the ice and snow.
"You better start believing in ghost stories Miss Swann, because you are in one."
[-] The following 2 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Apache54, Max
Like Reply
(02-13-2021, 03:38 PM)Grendelmort Wrote:

Studded tires?
Not studded, but they have some pretty aggressive tread (Goodyears). The truck is a 4x4 and it drives pretty good in the ice and snow.

Most times I am fine with just adding 250 lbs of weight over the rear wheels and stop the tail end from passing the front end , LOL

That amount of weight makes a huge difference in the handling of the truck on slick roads

@Max Gravity
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apache54's post:
  • Max
Like Reply
(02-13-2021, 04:24 PM)Apache54 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:38 PM)Grendelmort Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 08:30 AM)Max Gravity Wrote: Studded tires?

Most times I am fine with just adding 250 lbs of weight over the rear wheels and stop the tail end from passing the front end , LOL

That amount of weight makes a huge difference in the handling of the truck on slick roads

@Max Gravity

Lots of 4wd trucks and Jeeps owned by locals up in Arnold, ca. Entering town is 4k ft. leaving it, going up the hill is 5k. 8mi up the road at 8k is Bear Valley Ski Resort. The Bimmers hit a turn on HWY 4 after a straight away and slide off the road into 3-6 ft diameter trees. It's quite a mess. Very bad drivers in expensive cars from SF and SilValley. We're close enough where we can hear the crashes. It you drive at a safe speed on that road in ice, the BMW drivers blow their horns and flash their lights. Most pull over and let them pass.. then find them bent up in the trees about a 1/2 mile up the road. Fuck the millennial scum. They're all rich kiddies. The local grocery has $200 a bottle wine during ski season. Who do you think pays $200 for a bottle of $45 wine ?

There is a level of entertainment in their behavior but, they're dangerous on the road. They ignore the road signs or, they can't read. I think the tow company guy is getting rich. He added two additional trucks and drivers.

Flalt-landers.

Chuckle

[-] The following 1 user Likes Max's post:
  • Apache54
Like Reply
[Image: rHYxgpV.jpg]

• Apache54
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H9P4F5Uk

• Apache54
Like Reply
This morning 6 inches of snow over night and snowing hard with temps dropping now 20 dgs. and suppose to get down to -3 tonight and another 9 iches of snow today.

Wood stove is cranked up and getting ready to start the deer/elk chili and then a different pot of pinto beans.

here is out my front door

[Image: QVEBR5G.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apache54's post:
  • MysticPizza
Like Reply