WEATHER WARNING // It's All CYA Politics Now, People Demand Answers
1 of 7000 Reserved
[-] The following 5 users Like Wing-ed's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Cedar, Lil Bit, Sassy
Like Reply
Well we finally have water everywhere except guest shower.  Don't have any guests and that bathroom is about to redone so I don't care.

Thanks for all the best wishes/prayers.
Leader of the Three World
[-] The following 12 users Like TXTriker's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Cedar, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, PickleSnout, Sassy, sevenx, Wing-ed, ~mc~
Like Reply
This needs some serious attention, where is the public protection which years AGO kept this from happening!
we have been so SOLD OUT by politicians it is unreal.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-residen...nter-storm

Texas resident has nearly $17,000 deducted from bank account by energy company following winter storm

A Texas resident had nearly $17,000 automatically deducted from his bank account after Griddy, a Texas Energy Company, imposed surcharges on state residents following a devastating winter storm and subsequent electrical blackout.

Scott Willoughby, who joined "America’s Newsroom" Tuesday to discuss the issue, explained that there is no cap on Texas’ unregulated power grids which surged average household electricity costs from 8 to 10 cents per kilowatt-hour to $900 per kilowatt-hour.

Willoughby, who had the money in his account to pay the bill, expressed concern that hundreds of thousands of Texas residents will not be able to pay for crippling electrical costs, which average at around $5,000 per household over the course of the seven-day blackout.
[-] The following 10 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Aquarius, Cedar, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, Oldcynic, Sassy, TXTriker, Wing-ed
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 05:14 PM)Apache54 Wrote: This needs some serious attention, where is the public protection which years AGO kept this from happening!

Texas resident has nearly $17,000 deducted from bank account by energy company following winter storm

A Texas resident had nearly $17,000 automatically deducted from his bank account after Griddy, a Texas Energy Company, imposed surcharges on state residents following a devastating winter storm and subsequent electrical blackout.

Scott Willoughby, who joined "America’s Newsroom" Tuesday to discuss the issue, explained that there is no cap on Texas’ unregulated power grids which surged average household electricity costs from 8 to 10 cents per kilowatt-hour to $900 per kilowatt-hour.

Willoughby, who had the money in his account to pay the bill, expressed concern that hundreds of thousands of Texas residents will not be able to pay for crippling electrical costs, which average at around $5,000 per household over the course of the seven-day blackout.
If he was on a fixed rate plan there should not have been that type of surcharge.  Griddy is generally a company that you sign up for to continually search for a better rate and move you from plan to plan.  He probably was not on fixed rate.  My electric company sent me an email today that there would be no surcharges on fixed rates.  Mine is .10.  It will probably be higher than normal due to usage unless the days without offset it.
[-] The following 6 users Like TXTriker's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Cedar, Lil Bit, Sassy, Wing-ed
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 05:52 PM)TXTriker Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:14 PM)Apache54 Wrote: This needs some serious attention, where is the public protection which years AGO kept this from happening!

If he was on a fixed rate plan there should not have been that type of surcharge.  Griddy is generally a company that you sign up for to continually search for a better rate and move you from plan to plan.  He probably was not on fixed rate.  My electric company sent me an email today that there would be no surcharges on fixed rates.  Mine is .10.  It will probably be higher than normal due to usage unless the days without offset it.

For many years the public was protected from most types of gouging for any reason. THAT was relaxed and now there is not really any protection, Yes there is pro's and con's to what they have done, BUT it was NOT done for the publics benefit I can guarantee you that. That door was opened to allow power companies to be able to make more profits. Utilities for years have operated under the NOT for profit and provide services that HAVE to be met to keep the public basically supplied with water/power and sanitation. That is the way it should be! NOT for PROFIT.
[-] The following 5 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Aquarius, Cedar, Lil Bit, Sassy, TXTriker
Like Reply
This is the only scenario that I can think of where deregulation has hurt the consumer.   I got an email from the gas company that says they plan to spread any extra costs over several months.  That requires a rate increase and has to go thru a hearing process with the Kansas Corporation Commission.   Of course those people are easily bought

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Cedar, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, Sassy
Like Reply
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-ltRQol9Y
[-] The following 5 users Like Hot Nickles's post:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, Lil Bit, TXTriker
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 08:14 PM)Hot Nickles Wrote:

@Dangerously Nameless
[Image: w6haJ09.png]Adopt a Kruger. Ask DaJavoo!

Please Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse!
[-] The following 4 users Like Sassy's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Cedar, Dangerously Nameless
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 06:37 PM)Apache54 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:52 PM)TXTriker Wrote:

For many years the public was protected from most types of gouging for any reason. THAT was relaxed and now there is not really any protection, Yes there is pro's and con's to what they have done,  BUT it was NOT done for the publics benefit I can guarantee you that. That door was opened to allow power companies to be able to make more profits.  Utilities for years have operated under the NOT for profit and provide services that HAVE to be met to keep the public basically supplied with water/power and sanitation.  That is the way it should be! NOT for PROFIT.
That would be great.  However, a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon for these power brokers to save money and didn't pay attention to the plans they were put in.  I would think the customer needs to be paying attention, no?  I'm not saying its right but that it could have been avoided by finding their own electric provider and rate and not use these services without any attention at all to what is being done.   They pay them a fee for the service in addition to the product provided.  If I'm paying someone to do something then I will damn well make sure they are doing what I expect.  I look at these types of service providers kind of like the stock market. If you aren't paying attention you will get burned.  I'm sure the customer was very happy when he was paying the very low rate that was in effect before the storm.  
I just think people should take some responsibility for putting themselves in this position.  Should it be $17K hell no.
[-] The following 2 users Like TXTriker's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 08:14 PM)Hot Nickles Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-ltRQol9Y
Cheer Hope they replace them with Texans
[-] The following 1 user Likes TXTriker's post:
  • Hot Nickles
Like Reply