WEATHER WARNING // It's All CYA Politics Now, People Demand Answers
The Long, Hard Winter of 1880-1881:

https://youtu.be/eNGn_-msT1M
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 3 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • Apache54, Hot Nickles, rikster111
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 09:33 AM)Oldcynic Wrote: The Long, Hard Winter of 1880-1881:

At least they did not have "White Walkers" Chuckle
[-] The following 2 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Hot Nickles, rikster111
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 10:27 AM)Apache54 Wrote:

At least they did not have "White Walkers"    Chuckle
At the risk of sounding stupid, what's a "White Walker?"  Sounds like a mixed drink. 1dunno1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oldcynic's post:
  • Apache54
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 02:24 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 10:27 AM)Apache54 Wrote:

At least they did not have "White Walkers"    Chuckle
At the risk of sounding stupid, what's a "White Walker?"  Sounds like a mixed drink. 1dunno1

OK, no problem, here is where what I said comes from.

You used the term "The Long Winter" that is a very well used term in the TV show "Game of Thrones" and along with the Long Winter you have the White Walkers which are coming to kill off everyone.

I assume you have not watched the show (8 season) or read the books written by George RR Martin. He just happens to live in Santé Fe, New Mexico.

I believe it is still airing on HBO if you have access to that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Hot Nickles, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 02:35 PM)Apache54 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 10:27 AM)Apache54 Wrote: At least they did not have "White Walkers"    Chuckle

You used the term "The Long Winter" that is a very well used term in the TV show "Game of Thrones" and along with the Long Winter you have the White Walkers which are coming to kill off everyone.

I assume you have not watched the show  (8 season) or read the books  written by George RR Martin. He just happens to live in Santé Fe, New Mexico.

Thanks for filling me in.  I've heard of but haven't watched "Game of Thrones."  Looks like it is a whole series of novels by Martin, "A Song of Ice and Fire."
Perhaps I should check it out.  Thanks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • Apache54, Hot Nickles
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 10:27 AM)Apache54 Wrote: At least they did not have "White Walkers"    Chuckle

I assume you have not watched the show  (8 season) or read the books  written by George RR Martin. He just happens to live in Santé Fe, New Mexico.

Lots of interesting folks live/lived in Sante' Fe / Taos.

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 3 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Danno512, Hot Nickles
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 02:48 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 02:24 PM)Oldcynic Wrote: At the risk of sounding stupid, what's a "White Walker?"  Sounds like a mixed drink. 1dunno1

Thanks for filling me in.  I've heard of but haven't watched "Game of Thrones."  Looks like it is a whole series of novels by Martin, "A Song of Ice and Fire."
Perhaps I should check it out.  Thanks.

The Tv show is VERY graphic in blood, gore and sex. but is worth watching.

Your welcome my friend!
[-] The following 3 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Hot Nickles, Oldcynic, rikster111
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 02:51 PM)Max Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 02:24 PM)Oldcynic Wrote: At the risk of sounding stupid, what's a "White Walker?"  Sounds like a mixed drink. 1dunno1

There are quite a few rich/famous types whom have lived or do live in that area. George Martin tried to get a permit to build a castle somewhere close in or near Santé' Fe and they would not issue him a building permit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apache54's post:
  • Max
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 04:27 PM)Apache54 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 02:51 PM)Max Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 02:35 PM)Apache54 Wrote: OK, no problem, here is where what I said comes from.

There are quite a few  rich/famous types whom have lived or do live in that area.  George Martin tried to get a permit to build a castle somewhere close in or near Santé' Fe and they would not issue him a building permit.

I knew some of the wealthy in Taos. Hopper bought the movie theater, etc. Others live in large chunks of land they bought but, all lived in traditional Adobe Homes. Nothing overly fancy. One guy owned many acres at the top of Blue Lake Mountain. I guess, the BIA and Taos Tribe approved the sale??

Anyway, big bucks in that turf. I've had a gallery agent in Santa Fe for many years.

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max's post:
  • Apache54
Like Reply
(02-28-2021, 04:34 PM)Max Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 04:27 PM)Apache54 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 02:51 PM)Max Wrote: Lots of interesting folks live/lived in Sante' Fe / Taos.

There are quite a few  rich/famous types whom have lived or do live in that area.  George Martin tried to get a permit to build a castle somewhere close in or near Santé' Fe and they would not issue him a building permit.

I knew some of the wealthy in Taos. Hopper bought the movie theater, etc. Others live in large chunks of land they bought but, all lived in traditional Adobe Homes. Nothing overly fancy. One guy owned many acres at the top of Blue Lake Mountain. I guess, the BIA and Taos Tribe approved the sale??

Anyway, big bucks in that turf. I've had a gallery agent in Santa Fe for many years.

I am not friends with any of them, I do know a few from encounters of various reasons.

I have always loved the adobe style homes EXCEPT to flat roofs they ALWAYS develop issues at some point.

many many moons ago I used to dabble in real Indian jewelry and sold some in that area. but, I did great, but just was not my thing. LOL
Like Reply