The It's Getting Cold Thread
(02-15-2021, 10:25 AM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote: Been able to keep the camper at a comfortable 45-55° with just the electric oil heater and the propane heater set at 50.  Without the propane it is still above freezing during sub zero temps.  Using this time for some insulating learning.  Problem is that my water tank is below the camper, so a no go with keeping water in it when it is -4.  Or even 30° or lower.  Not sure how to fix that.  Any suggestions?

Build a rocket mass heater outside, and channel the output tunnel UNDER your mobile home. Use extra masonry or mass where the water is. Burning 1 hour a day would likely keep your water tank OK, and could raise temps for your structure, while keeping flame and smoke outside your dwelling.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 2 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • Apache54, Hot Nickles
Like Reply
World’s ‘solar and wind capital’ freezing due to snow ‘blanketing millions’ of solar panels

[Image: BB1dFfds.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f]
© Provided by Sky News Australia

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/wor...r-BB1dF9Dp
Where there is imbalance I am the counterweight. Beware, for if you are a cause of imbalance you may not enjoy my presence.
[-] The following 4 users Like SkyCat's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Heir, Hot Nickles
Like Reply
(02-14-2021, 03:43 PM)Apache54 Wrote: The scientists I listen to have said for a long time that we are entering a mini Ice age and from what they have said it seems to be following suit much more than the global warming, They said a by-product of entering this mini ice age would be a warming trend for a short time and then it would head cold. Sure appears they are correct. Of course one has to keep in mind they are not talking this change in terms of a few moths or years it takes MUCH longer than that for this to occur.

This book came out some years back:

"Not By Fire But By Ice"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9759...but_by_Ice

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing, for President Trump and for our Constitutional Republic.  
[-] The following 4 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • Apache54, Heir, Hot Nickles, MysticPizza
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 06:53 AM)SkyCat Wrote: [Image: snow-germany-2-e1612958582878.jpg]

Where is that ??   Scream1
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

[-] The following 3 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • Apache54, Hot Nickles, SkyCat
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 03:36 PM)SkyCat Wrote:

So much for "green energy".   Eyeroll

[-] The following 6 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • Apache54, Capslock, Heir, Hot Nickles, Sassy, SkyCat
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 04:28 PM)Aquarius Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 03:43 PM)Apache54 Wrote: The scientists I listen to have said for a long time that we are entering a mini Ice age and from what they have said it seems to be following suit much more than the global warming, They said a by-product of entering this mini ice age would be a warming trend for a short time and then it would head cold. Sure appears they are correct. Of course one has to keep in mind they are not talking this change in terms of a few moths or years it takes MUCH longer than that for this to occur.

This book came out some years back:

"Not By Fire But By Ice"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9759...but_by_Ice

That is a good book, it was not the information source I was talking about, the source I was talking about I think has disbanded now. It was a team of 50 scientist's from all over the world with a variety of degrees in various fields They did research for 5 years around the world from the north and south poles to the Equator and many other places around the world The evidence they gathered showed our history has a cycle of hot and cold with a pattern of sorts. What they discovered was we showed to be going back into a mini ice age. That is the basics. I don't think I saved the name of the project, it was completed around 2011 or 2012 I think much of there research was over looked because of the 2012 crap going on. I will see IF I still have any of it or the name.
[-] The following 4 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Aquarius, Heir, Hot Nickles, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 03:49 PM)SkyCat Wrote:

Most of those in Oregon are in the Portland area due to ice-laden trees and power lines.

Portland news reports over 200 MILES of power lines are out, and many, many blown transformers.
They have over 2,000 utility workers working round the clock.
Said they have crews that have come in from several neighboring states to help.

[-] The following 3 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • MysticPizza, SkyCat, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 10:25 AM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote: Been able to keep the camper at a comfortable 45-55° with just the electric oil heater and the propane heater set at 50.  Without the propane it is still above freezing during sub zero temps.  Using this time for some insulating learning.  Problem is that my water tank is below the camper, so a no go with keeping water in it when it is -4.  Or even 30° or lower.  Not sure how to fix that.  Any suggestions?

Are your heaters part of a blower heating system? IF SO can you tie in the heat duct to pass along your water tank and then build a insulated cover around the tank so the hot air passes thru the insulation and along side the water tank.
[-] The following 4 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Aquarius, Heir, Hot Nickles, SlowLoris
Like Reply
Cold here too, I think low of 7 tonight and we're supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow, we already have about a foot on the ground from the constant snow fall over the last week. Of course my furnace isn't working right, keeps blowing cold air then warm air then cold air so it's about 65 degrees in here. Sounds warm right? It's not, everybody is cold. Furnace guy comes tomorrow.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
[-] The following 4 users Like Debauchery's post:
  • Heir, Hot Nickles, SkyCat, SlowLoris
Like Reply
Quote:Wind turbines and Solar collectors freezing.

Nuclear never freezes.

[-] The following 3 users Like Tolimar's post:
  • Debauchery, Hot Nickles, SlowLoris
Like Reply