Clue me in real quick
I don't want to bring up anything bad or whatever but I was just reading the 'how we got here' thread.

I have some questions.

I was part of the Christmas massacre at GeeElPee and been around Elaine's in between then went to Lop and always back at AE

My last time on the forums before I came back last year...was when I went to visit Omega right before he died in August '13 and then I got married and started a family and moved overseas. And left the forums for almost 8 years.

What's The Fringe?

I assume most of you were at lop,ion,cop

What happened?

Just a quick synopsis will work.

I'm trying to kinda piece together why I ended up here @FreeFlow invited me fall '19 but I didn't make my way til Nov. '20
[-] The following 9 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, bigD111, Capnron, Debauchery, Echo, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, phxsparks
Like Reply
Or if someone could just throw out a link I could read.

I was thinking about people I saw on that thread and wondering where are they? What happened?

I NEVER KNEW....any of this.
[-] The following 4 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Echo, Lil Bit
Like Reply
The fringe was an in between forum.

Did it shut down? I can't find it now..

I was an "AC" In geeElPee for years and forget how I found the fringe,  probably through some anon thread.

There was some disagreements with how the site was being run, and I and others got invited over here from the fringe (thanks by the way)

I'll see if I can find the thread they made after it happened.
[-] The following 4 users Like Echo's post:
  • Apache54, Lil Bit, rikster111, ~Leela~
Like Reply
I'd ask catch to fill you in when he gets on  Chuckle
[-] The following 4 users Like Echo's post:
  • Apache54, Lil Bit, SouthernBelle, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 12:32 AM)Echo Wrote: The fringe was an in between forum.

Did it shut down? I can't find it now..

I was an "AC" In geeElPee for years and forget how I found the fringe,  probably through some anon thread.

There was some disagreements with how the site was being run, and I and others got invited over here from the fringe (thanks by the way)

I'll see if I can find the thread they made after it happened.
Thanks, Echo
In between of what?
[-] The following 3 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • Apache54, ID Rick, Lil Bit
Like Reply
That the old forum. Owner was a crack head, he steal everyone donation
smoke it up, never come online only to show him face once in a while.

@Catch decide to start this place and he bring over all the Mods, and most members.

The Fringe hang on for about a year more then the Owner just give up and close it down.
The remaining member who cross posting between both place either stay here, or not post anywhere.

That the quick answer. Chuckle
[-] The following 9 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • Apache54, bigD111, Debauchery, Elric, ID Rick, MysticPizza, PickleSnout, SouthernBelle, ~Leela~
Like Reply
It's not really a big deal.

I'm just trying to piece together some stuff since I've been gone.
[-] The following 5 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Echo, ID Rick, Lil Bit
Like Reply
The Fringe is gone. Management was an absentee landlord. He had real life interests that took up his time and he didn't want to relinquish control of the forum in his absence.

After we all left, it struggled for a while ,  but the rent and utilities didn't get paid, and it closed up.
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 11 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Capnron, Debauchery, Echo, Elric, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, PickleSnout, Sassy, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 12:40 AM)Lil Bit Wrote: That the old forum. Owner was a crack head, he steal everyone donation

@Catch decide to start this place and he bring over all the Mods, and most members.

The Fringe hang on for about a year more then the Owner just give up and close it down.
The remaining member who cross posting between both place either stay here, or not post anywhere.

But where did you all start at that you knew each other?
Thanks lil bit Chuckle Drinks
[-] The following 4 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, ID Rick, Lil Bit
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 12:40 AM)Lil Bit Wrote: That the old forum. Owner was a crack head, he steal everyone donation

I didn't realize he was a junkie- but yeah.
I heard he just let it fall apart and ignored it, so this place was created...  much better community and not monitored like GeeElpee by the Cia for [THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN CENSORED BY BIG BROTHER]
[-] The following 9 users Like Echo's post:
  • Apache54, Arkan_Ted, ID Rick, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, phxsparks, Sassy, Saul Goode, ~Leela~
Like Reply