Cherokee Nation Says No! To Jeep
(02-22-2021, 08:51 PM)LucyBarnable Wrote: I think it's hilarious!
Jeep endorsed Biden and hired Stupid Springsteen...
That Chief Hoskin referenced BLM makes me think he's turning it back on them.
The article doesn't state that he asked for compensation either, only the disuse of the Tribes name.

Quote:Told of Chief Hoskin's call to end the use of the Cherokee name on its cars, Jeep said in a statement, "Our vehicle names have been carefully chosen and nurtured over the years to honor and celebrate Native American people for their nobility, prowess, and pride. We are, more than ever, committed to a respectful and open dialogue with Cherokee Nation Principal Chief Chuck Hoskin, Jr."

But Cobb-Greetham, who is a member of Chickasaw Nation and stresses the Cherokee Nation's sovereignty in choosing how to respond to the use of its own name, takes a different view: "If you're going to honor somebody, give them an award. If you're going to name a product after them, you're selling."

An official with Cherokee Nation says representatives from Jeep reached out to Chief Hoskin via phone earlier this month, but the nation's stance on Jeep's use of the name has not changed.

Yep when you shit in your oatmeal it don't taste too good!  Chuckle
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ID Rick's post:
  • Debauchery, LucyBarnable, San Azulito
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 09:36 PM)ID Rick Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 08:51 PM)LucyBarnable Wrote: I think it's hilarious!
Jeep endorsed Biden and hired Stupid Springsteen...
That Chief Hoskin referenced BLM makes me think he's turning it back on them.
The article doesn't state that he asked for compensation either, only the disuse of the Tribes name.

Quote:Told of Chief Hoskin's call to end the use of the Cherokee name on its cars, Jeep said in a statement, "Our vehicle names have been carefully chosen and nurtured over the years to honor and celebrate Native American people for their nobility, prowess, and pride. We are, more than ever, committed to a respectful and open dialogue with Cherokee Nation Principal Chief Chuck Hoskin, Jr."

But Cobb-Greetham, who is a member of Chickasaw Nation and stresses the Cherokee Nation's sovereignty in choosing how to respond to the use of its own name, takes a different view: "If you're going to honor somebody, give them an award. If you're going to name a product after them, you're selling."

An official with Cherokee Nation says representatives from Jeep reached out to Chief Hoskin via phone earlier this month, but the nation's stance on Jeep's use of the name has not changed.

Yep when you shit in your oatmeal it don't taste too good!  Chuckle

Chuckle

Oatmeal is gross enough to begin with...
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 11:56 AM)San Azulito Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:40 AM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:13 AM)Heir Wrote: Renegade just get a new look ?
It's a Fiat 500

This is the one I am thinking of ---
[Image: 2017-Jeep-Renegade-Latitude-rear-three-quarter.jpg]

I don't see any other smaller SUV these days that i like looks wise

That thing looks exactly like a more-boring version of Toyota's concept SUV for millennials who don't want to go in the woods to camp.

https://www.toyota.com/concept-vehicles/ft-4x/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Capslock's post:
  • San Azulito
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 10:25 PM)Capslock Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:40 AM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: It's a Fiat 500

This is the one I am thinking of ---

That thing looks exactly like a more-boring version of Toyota's concept SUV for millennials who don't want to go in the woods to camp.

I know a few people who have them and absolutely hate them!  1dunno1
- Atlas Shrugged: Now Non Fiction -
[-] The following 3 users Like John's post:
  • ID Rick, Max, San Azulito
Like Reply
Jeep since after the CJ5

It was a disaster when Fiat of all corporations, bought Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram. 

Now having said that I have a 2018 Ram 2500 that I bought new. I did so because of the Cummins. 

My history is I am a Ford guy. But my Ford F-250 was a pain in the ass. It was in for repairs more than I drove it and I put 200,000 miles on it. It was in the shop every freaking month from day one until I sold it. Part of that was warranty, but the most of it was on my dime! 

So I went Ram. 50,000 miles and not one issue. Well one. The low tire pressure indicater was defective at about 500 miles. I love how it drives. I pull my 10,000 lb travel trailer up 7 and 8 percent grades and it just growls a bit and pulls like a beast. 

So maybe Fiat owns Ram, but Fiat never built a Ram. Not a chance.
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ID Rick's post:
  • rikster111
Like Reply
[Image: anti-theft-device.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • John, rikster111, San Azulito, SkyCat
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 10:36 PM)John Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 10:25 PM)Capslock Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:56 AM)San Azulito Wrote: This is the one I am thinking of ---

I know a few people who have them and absolutely hate them!  1dunno1

Jeep quit being Jeep in 1987 when Chrysler bought them.

Drinks

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 2 users Like Max's post:
  • John, SkyCat
Like Reply
[Image: pics-of-cartoon-road-runner-1024x681.jpeg]

The faster way to get around.
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • rikster111, SkyCat
Like Reply
(02-22-2021, 11:58 AM)crunchysuperman Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:40 AM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: It's a Fiat 500

Yup, Italian minivan.  And they got the gall to put "trail rated" badges on those things.  If the trail is a parking lot with no more than a dozen leaves on it, maybe.

But who is making a Small SUV off roader these days? I'm not sure about the Ford, but all the other popular cars of this type have become big station wagons. I actually liked the looks of the Renegade more than the others. But...if it has quality issues, good to know
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 10:16 AM)San Azulito Wrote: But who is making a Small SUV off roader these days?    I'm not sure about the Ford, but all the other popular cars of this type have become big station wagons.  I actually liked the looks of the Renegade more than the others.  But...if it has quality issues, good to know

Real off-roaders, I don't know. The upcoming Bronco redesign looks about as close as we'll get, but that's bound to have teething issues and cost an arm and a leg. Maybe a Subaru? Jeep pretty much is that market, but Chrysler's quality is a coin toss.
[Image: SoZEKF4.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes crunchysuperman's post:
  • John
Like Reply