Midwit.. A new word for me, didn't know it.
(02-23-2021, 05:53 PM)Max Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:37 PM)Arkan_Ted Wrote:
Hey, I got lost down the turtle hole in the last couple days. I realized that not only I but the people I know near have the same questions. So, last night we got Cooter Browned and even a draw board was broke out. Exhausted from being around warriors of high intellect and common sense and one of them brought up space travel the corcksucker and derailed us over an hour. Long story short. Instant gratification is the problem. We are not from that reality.

Speaking of Space Travel, it looks like there's some "friction" between the two big providers.

Chuckle[Image: odM0kh9.png]
Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle
[-] The following 3 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • Apache54, FlyoverCountry, Max
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 05:20 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:13 PM)Max Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:00 PM)San Azulito Wrote: The midwit secretly thinks he might be the smartest person who ever lived.

I'm not sure we are allowed to disagree with how he self identifies.  This sounds like it might be witaphobia.

Yeah, in today's "Sociology" if you Present as a Trans, Native American, University Professor of Astrophysics, you can't really be questioned on your Presentation Claims. They HAVE to be accepted as true.

STUFF is sure getting confusing.

[Image: 9iveBtL.png]
Every time I see this photo, hot, burning bile comes up the back of my throat. Nonono

And on cue.....

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02...gical-sex/

Quote:A pro-family news outlet has been suspended by Twitter for stating a Biden administration official’s biological sex.

The article by writer Zachary Mettler stated that “Dr. Levine is a transgender woman, that is, a man who believes he is a woman.”

“Twitter contacted the Daily Citizen and notified the media outlet that it had suspended the organization’s account for ‘violating [its] rules against hateful conduct,’ and ‘promoted violence, threatened, or harassed’ Levine,”

Speaking the Truth...a revolutionary act.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
[-] The following 5 users Like San Azulito's post:
  • Apache54, Arkan_Ted, Max, Oldcynic, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 05:10 PM)Saul Goode Wrote: I always thought mid was halfway. Like middle.
In that case midwits are really halfwits.

That's certainly a logical observation.. and conclusion.

V6sRZf4

Drinks

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max's post:
  • Apache54
Like Reply
The Deep Truth In The Midwit Meme
By Briggs on August 20, 2020 • ( 30 Comments )
There is a meme that well describes the intellectual separation we see in many areas. I’m not sure of the name of this meme, but Beige Shiba called it the midwit meme, which is apt.
[Image: midwitmeme.png?resize=829%2C431&ssl=1]
The far ends of the scale are united against the middle. It either takes no effort, or you are born with the inability, to be at the low end. It takes immense or unusual dedication, or you are born with the ability, to be at the top.
The middle extends part way to the bottom and the top, representing, for example, those with college degrees and professorships respectively. The middle never reaches either extreme. It is the home of theorists and people who say “ackchyually”. The “I f****** Science” crowd and bureaucrats live here, as does every propagandist and the majority of politicians.
Though we do not have to take “IQ” as a rigorous numerical description of ability, it is now customary to call these middle people midwits. It fits.
Roger Scruton in an interview made the meme come to life:
Quote:If you start thinking about politics in an intellectual way, you are likely to be on the left. Because that provides a systematic solution, an answer to the questions, puts it all in a system, and also gives you a rather dignified and self-congratulatory place in the system. But once you started thinking, if you think a bit harder and longer about it, you’ll move back to what you would have been had you never thought at all.
That’s my view as to what an intellectual conservative is. He’s someone who articulates the real reasons for not having reasons, [that is] just feeling and doing what’s right.
There are any number of acts that are so familiar we don’t think of the reasons for them, like knowing when to cross the street. We follow the traditions of our culture and, if pressed for an explanation for an act, we say what we did was because this is the way things are, because of commonsense.

https://wmbriggs.com/post/32221/

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max's post:
  • Apache54
Like Reply
OK,
We have Midwit and a Halfwit what happened to the Dimwit?

Do I detect racism here? Drinks Chuckle
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apache54's post:
  • Max
Like Reply
Joe Biden thinks he’s witty.
But he’s only half right.
[-] The following 3 users Like Saul Goode's post:
  • Apache54, Max, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 05:00 PM)San Azulito Wrote: The midwit secretly thinks he might be the smartest person who ever lived.

I'm not sure we are allowed to disagree with how he self identifies.  This sounds like it might be witaphobia.

YS7pFXa

I am going with Witophile, they love their own smarts.

Witophobe would be someone scared of looking or seeming smart.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 2 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • Apache54, Max
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 07:52 PM)PickleSnout Wrote:

YS7pFXa

is a Witophiliac someone who wants to make love to a smart person?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
[-] The following 4 users Like San Azulito's post:
  • Apache54, Max, PickleSnout, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 08:01 PM)San Azulito Wrote:

YS7pFXa

is a Witophiliac someone who wants to make love to a smart person?
Lmao
OMG you have such a big sexy BRAIN!
Heartflowers
[-] The following 3 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • Apache54, Max, San Azulito
Like Reply

YS7pFXa

Whitomanic or Whitomania ?

MidWhitomanic ??????

MidWitoramic ....

If your Midwit IQ is a Prime Number, then what ? Hummmm.. ??

V6sRZf4

Chuckle

[-] The following 3 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, PickleSnout, SlowLoris
Like Reply