The Balkans - FSU - Former Eastern Bloc Discussion
(03-13-2021, 01:46 PM)=42 Wrote: As I mentioned above, if there is a frontline in the East vs. West struggle in former Soviet aligned countries it is Ukraine. I don't watch MSM (if they are giving it any coverage?), but nothing was popping up on my radar as to the current status there, so I looked into it.

It appears that tensions are rising again and there is a possibility for the conflict to escalate. The EU and US are of course "aiding" Ukraine.

On the issue of Crimea, I think an argument could be made that Russia has a valid claim to it and even if that would prove to be false, that there is no way that Russia would relinquish control of it due to its strategic value and being the home of Russia's Black Sea Fleet.

Video gives a recent update. 8 mins.

It's most definitely a valid argument and one only  has to look back to the Velvet Revolution and Vaclav Havel to see the Ukaines fight for democracy and Russia's fight to hold onto their  sphere of influence.....

I can't see Russia relinquishing control,  the Ukraine is the Queen in the game of geopolitical chess.
[-] The following 3 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =42, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(03-11-2021, 10:54 PM)=42 Wrote: What does most of the topic countries have in common?

Slavic People.

Slavs are a European ethno-linguistic group of people who speak the various Slavic languages of the larger Balto-Slavic linguistic group of the Indo-European languages. They are native to Eurasia, stretching from CentralEastern and Southeastern Europe all the way north and eastwards to Northeast EuropeNorthern Asia (Siberia) and Central Asia (especially Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan), as well as historically in Western Europe (particularly in Eastern Germany) and Western Asia (including Anatolia). From the early 6th century they spread to inhabit most of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. Today, there is a large Slavic diaspora throughout North America, particularly in the United States and Canada as a result of immigration.[1]
Slavs are the largest ethno-linguistic group in Europe.[2][3] Present-day Slavic people are classified into East Slavs (chiefly BelarusiansRussiansRusyns, and Ukrainians), West Slavs (chiefly CzechsKashubsPolesSlovaks, and Sorbs) and South Slavs (chiefly BosniaksBulgariansCroatsMacedoniansMontenegrinsSerbs and Slovenes).[4][5][6][7]
Most Slavs are traditionally Christians. Eastern Orthodox Christianity, first introduced by missionaries from the Byzantine empire, is practiced by the majority of Slavs. The Orthodox Slavs include the BelarusiansBulgariansMacedoniansMontenegrinsRussiansSerbs, and Ukrainians and are defined by Orthodox customs and Cyrillic script (Montenegrins and Serbs also use Latin script on equal terms).
The second most common type of Christianity among the Slavs is Catholicism, introduced by Latin-speaking missionaries from Western Europe. The Catholic Slavs include CroatsCzechsKashubsPolesSilesiansSlovaksSlovenes and Sorbs and are defined by their Latinate influence and heritage and connection to Western Europe. Millions of Slavs also belong to Greek Catholic churches—that is, historically Orthodox communities that are now in visible unity with Rome and the Catholic Church, but which retain Byzantine practices, such as the Rusyns. There are also substantial Protestant, in particular Lutheran, minorities, especially among the West Slavs, such as the historical Bohemian (Czech) Hussites.
A small number of Slavic ethnic groups traditionally adhere to IslamMuslim Slavs include the BosniaksPomaks (Bulgarian Muslims), GoraniTorbeši (Macedonian Muslims) and other Muslims of the former Yugoslavia.
Modern Slavic nations and ethnic groups are considerably diverse both genetically and culturally, and relations between them – even within the individual groups – range from "ethnic solidarity to mutual feelings of hostility".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs

Do I need to start posting pics of hot Slavic girls for this thread to get some traction?   Chuckle

[Image: beautiful_slavic_girls_youll_definitely_...640_46.jpg]
They are witches...i like these Slavic witches, myself:

https://youtu.be/LsgO5OTUsRU
Chuckle
[-] The following 1 user Likes ~Leela~'s post:
  • Wingsprint
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 12:42 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 10:54 PM)=42 Wrote: What does most of the topic countries have in common?

Slavic People.

Slavs are a European ethno-linguistic group of people who speak the various Slavic languages of the larger Balto-Slavic linguistic group of the Indo-European languages. They are native to Eurasia, stretching from CentralEastern and Southeastern Europe all the way north and eastwards to Northeast EuropeNorthern Asia (Siberia) and Central Asia (especially Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan), as well as historically in Western Europe (particularly in Eastern Germany) and Western Asia (including Anatolia). From the early 6th century they spread to inhabit most of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. Today, there is a large Slavic diaspora throughout North America, particularly in the United States and Canada as a result of immigration.[1]
Slavs are the largest ethno-linguistic group in Europe.[2][3] Present-day Slavic people are classified into East Slavs (chiefly BelarusiansRussiansRusyns, and Ukrainians), West Slavs (chiefly CzechsKashubsPolesSlovaks, and Sorbs) and South Slavs (chiefly BosniaksBulgariansCroatsMacedoniansMontenegrinsSerbs and Slovenes).[4][5][6][7]
Most Slavs are traditionally Christians. Eastern Orthodox Christianity, first introduced by missionaries from the Byzantine empire, is practiced by the majority of Slavs. The Orthodox Slavs include the BelarusiansBulgariansMacedoniansMontenegrinsRussiansSerbs, and Ukrainians and are defined by Orthodox customs and Cyrillic script (Montenegrins and Serbs also use Latin script on equal terms).
The second most common type of Christianity among the Slavs is Catholicism, introduced by Latin-speaking missionaries from Western Europe. The Catholic Slavs include CroatsCzechsKashubsPolesSilesiansSlovaksSlovenes and Sorbs and are defined by their Latinate influence and heritage and connection to Western Europe. Millions of Slavs also belong to Greek Catholic churches—that is, historically Orthodox communities that are now in visible unity with Rome and the Catholic Church, but which retain Byzantine practices, such as the Rusyns. There are also substantial Protestant, in particular Lutheran, minorities, especially among the West Slavs, such as the historical Bohemian (Czech) Hussites.
A small number of Slavic ethnic groups traditionally adhere to IslamMuslim Slavs include the BosniaksPomaks (Bulgarian Muslims), GoraniTorbeši (Macedonian Muslims) and other Muslims of the former Yugoslavia.
Modern Slavic nations and ethnic groups are considerably diverse both genetically and culturally, and relations between them – even within the individual groups – range from "ethnic solidarity to mutual feelings of hostility".

Do I need to start posting pics of hot Slavic girls for this thread to get some traction?   Chuckle

They are witches...i like these Slavic witches, myself:

https://youtu.be/LsgO5OTUsRU
Chuckle

They could cast a spell on me!    Chuckle
[-] The following 3 users Like =42's post:
  • Heir, Wingsprint, ~Leela~
Like Reply
This is one of the best threads I've read in awhile. I'm enjoying everyone's POV's

Thanks!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ~Leela~'s post:
  • =42
Like Reply

Slavic People.

That works for me, moar pics! Chuckle
[-] The following 2 users Like T-Dub's post:
  • =42, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 12:50 PM)=42 Wrote: They could cast a spell on me!    Chuckle

Dare Say They already have .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 2 users Like Heir's post:
  • =42, ~Leela~
Like Reply
Thanks watched a lot of that...spent a bunch of time reading up about the Ukraine area...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wingsprint's post:
  • =42
Like Reply
This guy's YT channel has a lot of travel vids of the FSU. He has a thing for Soviet era "relics", and goes off the beaten path and delivers a perspective that is very different from a standard travel video. Many Vids. are very recent.

[-] The following 1 user Likes =42's post:
  • Heir
Like Reply
Russian Choir Goes Viral With 'Let My Prayer Arise' Chant - Inspirational Videos https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=1C0M0JNU
He must increase, but I must decrease. (Jn. 3:30, ERV)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Verity's post:
  • =42
Like Reply
Interesting look at soviet cars....

[-] The following 1 user Likes =42's post:
  • Wingsprint
Like Reply