Instincts
I wanted to start a thread about instincts and how it relates to how we respond collectively or individually to what's happening around us.  Our instincts have been watered down to PC levels, cancel cultural bias,and all around the weaponization of instinctual differences.

It feels sometimes, at least for me, that my instinct is distorted by mainstream media, music, tv, and what we 'should' think and feel. It's only when I connect with the Source that I regain my truth..my instinct 

Are our instincts being over run by an increasingly intolerant society that causes our basic feelings of self preservation, enlightenment, evolution ...in however that may take shape...to be questioned?

Thoughts?
[-] The following 7 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Capnron, FlyoverCountry, MysticPizza, phxsparks, Stone age man
Like Reply
No distortion here , all I find is my " instinct " is being reinforced by all the bullshit that is flying around.

If I was back in my twenties , then that would be a different kettle of fish. 

The talk in our house is wether to get a shotgun , which requires a licence , or a repeating crossbow that holds six bolts , which does not require any certificate.

My instinct is for the crossbow .

All this in the shadow of the disarmement movement .

Go with your gut , screw the mainstream view.

Heartflowers
There is no justice 
There is  JUST US.

Me and Floaty have an agreement!
[-] The following 10 users Like Stone age man's post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Capnron, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Heir, MysticPizza, Rose, Verity, ~Leela~
Like Reply
I got to thinking about this because Of an exchange I had with someone on another forum...and it intrigued me to wonder what others are feeling...

There is a fight or flight theme:

Let me expand.

He won't care I quote him.

He said this:

Quote:it's basically how i feel about society right now....and it makes me angry because i don't particularly believe i am 'better' than anyone.

it would require me going into the details of an average day for me here to illustrate why i feel justified in my jaundiced view toward the mass distraction and the non-conscious consumption that enables it...but it doesn't matter.

anyway, with what's habbening in the ukraine and the crazy devaluing of the almighty dollar, compounded by the dick move in the suez?.....i probably won't have to say a word as it will be self-evident before long.

some days it's extremely windy here and i get stuck inside while there is literally a hundred things that need doing here and i end up spending too much time online where i feel like i am shouting at the TV.

i will re-post an anecdote that i feel paints the picture of where human consciousness actually is in this solar cycle:

Maui the night of the summer solstice of 2000. I lit a fire in the centre of a medicine wheel and took a medicine journey through the flames.

I witnessed 2 cruise ships on the ocean far at sea. Each loaded with passengers and headed seemingly straight for the other. I seemed to be without body above one of the ships and was watching the panic that ensued as the passengers began to notice the other ship in the distance.
Initially the panic was directed toward the captain and crew in the form of pleas and demands to change course...but the captain was adamant that he must hold his course. The passengers turned their angst towards each other then. First yelling and arguing then pushing and fighting. I could hear and feel the tones of naked fear and pitiful self-righteousness in the melee.Soon, the other ship was within earshot and the exact same scenario could be seen and heard taking place on the other ship.As the ships drew nearer the passengers from each ship began to throw items from one vessel toward the other. People began to assault the crew who were protecting the captain who was determined to hold the course....ditto on the other ship.Finally, in the midst of my confusion as to why I was seeing this in the fire, I asked, "what am I doing here?".Then I felt large hands on my shoulders pushing me down onto the ship I'd been watching...down down into a chair that was on a deck filled with chairs. Now I was bodily aboard this doomed vessel and a voice came clear through the din to my inner ear, "Stay in Your Seat".I looked around and there were several people...many in fact, who were sitting quietly watching as the panicked mob grew more and more distasteful with each ignorant act and word. 
Then the ships met......  

but instead of a massive collision the hulls only grazed one another creating an enormous vibration across the decks of each ship. There was a tremendous incredible sound accompanied with the vibration.
All who were not sitting quietly were vibrated right over board into the sea. And because each captain dutifully held his course the ships were unharmed and still on course.
Best of all was the unforgettable sense of peace and tranquility I felt and shared with my fellow passengers as the chaos stopped and the cruise resumed. The appreciation for peace was 10 fold due to the build up and release of the tension.
https://youtu.be/naPUENhyv2M

This was my response: 

Quote: I always enjoy your parables and your allegories for that matter.....the whirling Dervish will always be my favorite.

When you heard 'stay in your seat', it reminds me of a time when I was in deep deep trenches, physically and greyish black was closing in on all sides of my soul and I went to close my eyes for good because I knew...it was going to be for good and I heard a voice say, "Float, just float" float above everything ...above the chaos, the pain, the utter annihilation that was occuring within my body, my heart, ....so I floated

in a strange kinda way it somehow resonates with me with the story of almost sinking ships in a vast ocean and the voice sayin, 'Stay seated'...so you don't drown and the mine that said...'float' so I wouldn't drown.

It's almost like regaining lost instinct and then knowing that healing injured instinct is truly within reach...because that's what it is...'staying seated' or 'floating'. It is to listen to ones instinct that has been compromised by everything going on internally and externally....

And it returns when we pay close attention through looking, listening, and sensing the world around ourself...and then by acting efficiently, effectively, and SOULFULLY...in essence we call up our instincts, in whatever language it speaks to us...to do what we have to do and it will lead us where we need to go.
https://youtu.be/taoQW03wUWY
[-] The following 4 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Elric, Sassy
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 05:38 PM)Stone age man Wrote: No distortion here , all I find is my " instinct " is being reinforced by all the bullshit that is flying around.

If I was back in my twenties , then that would be a different kettle of fish. 

The talk in our house is wether to get a shotgun , which requires a licence , or a repeating crossbow that holds six bolts , which does not require any certificate.

My instinct is for the crossbow .

All this in the shadow of the disarmement movement .

Go with your gut , screw the mainstream view.

Heartflowers
Yeah, I get the whole 'fight' instinct.
Mine lately has been flight...
To move to another country because I'm worried ...
Happy birthday btw  Heartflowers
[-] The following 3 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Stone age man
Like Reply
Truth be told and maybe hurtful for some, I do not live my life based on instinct simply because that makes me just like everyone else. I live my life based on or better yet as an intuitive because that makes me original and unique.

When I was created, I am convinced the mold was tossed away and thereby creating just one of a kind; where there is no other quite like me!

Same as an individual fingerprint!

Just Sayin'.
☯ * Under the cover of darkness and the silence thereof, I am able to accomplish some of my greatest discoveries of those things hidden. However, those things that hide by the light and noise of the day are far less attainable. Why? Because the light and the noise is a distraction! =cm= ✡

☯ * Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions and Imagination = Miracles! =cm= ✡

☯ * Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3 kjv ✡

☯ * Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24 niv ✡
[-] The following 4 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Apache54, Debauchery, Sassy, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:04 PM)=cm= Wrote: Truth be told and maybe hurtful for some, I do not live my life based on instinct simply because that makes me just like everyone else. I live my life based on or better yet as an intuitive because that makes me original and unique.

When I was created, I am convinced the mold was tossed away and thereby creating just one of a kind; where there is no other quite like me!

Just Sayin'.
Some people would argue that intuition is the same as instinct.

Are our instincts being dulled to conform to what THEY want...or is it creating an opposite effect of paying close attention to what it is telling us.

What is it telling you about the current events happening in our society, our country?

I don't want to phish anyone...
[-] The following 4 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Elric, Sassy
Like Reply
My instincts don’t change with politics in the least. I guess I’m old enough to not give a shit what someone thinks but still young enough to do what I need to do.
My instincts now are probably the sharpest they’ve ever been in my life.

I don’t have tolerance for propaganda or blind sheep, I just can’t do it. That’s probably why it takes a whole Hell of a lot to influence me.
(03-27-2021, 06:08 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:04 PM)=cm= Wrote: Truth be told and maybe hurtful for some, I do not live my life based on instinct simply because that makes me just like everyone else. I live my life based on or better yet as an intuitive because that makes me original and unique.

Just Sayin'.

Are our instincts being dulled to conform to what THEY want...or is it creating an opposite effect of paying close attention to what it is telling us.

What is it telling you about the current events happening in our society, our country?

Simple answer: Instinct means I fly north or south like clockwork with the other geese as the seasons change where intuitive means I've decided to remain behind because I have my own original thoughts and do not follow instinctively/blindly.

Instinct and intuitive thoughts are actually opposites.
☯ * Under the cover of darkness and the silence thereof, I am able to accomplish some of my greatest discoveries of those things hidden. However, those things that hide by the light and noise of the day are far less attainable. Why? Because the light and the noise is a distraction! =cm= ✡

☯ * Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions and Imagination = Miracles! =cm= ✡

☯ * Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3 kjv ✡

☯ * Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24 niv ✡
[-] The following 4 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Apache54, PickleSnout, Sassy, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:11 PM)Capnron Wrote: My instincts don’t change with politics in the least. I guess I’m old enough to not give a shit what someone thinks but still young enough to do what I need to do.
My instincts now are probably the sharpest they’ve ever been in my life.
That's great you know yourself so true.

I'm doubting myself because of what I thought this country was about, because of what I believed....

It's like our medial nature that compels us, for it can hear the call when it comes in...it's like the child rising out of sleep, out of bed, out of the house..out into the wind blistered night and down to the tumultuous sea that causes us to either say:
"As God as my witness, I shall carry on this way"
Or
""I will endure"
Or
"I shall not be turned away"
Or
"I shall find a way to continue"

I'm ready to roll out....like looking at property in the BVI's...live life on a catamaran.

My instinct is to RUN.

And it's not usually....
[-] The following 3 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Capnron
Like Reply
=cm= Wrote:
~Leela~ Wrote:
=cm= Wrote:Truth be told and maybe hurtful for some, I do not live my life based on instinct simply because that makes me just like everyone else. I live my life based on or better yet as an intuitive because that makes me original and unique.

Just Sayin'.

Simple answer: Instinct means I fly north or south like clockwork with the other geese as the seasons change where intuitive means I've decided to remain behind because I have my own original thoughts and do not follow instinctively/blindly.

Instinct and intuitive thoughts are actually opposites.

I agree with CM, instinct to me is akin to jerk back a hand from a hot stove. It is not something easily overcome with direct thought, though with practice and focus you might be able to overcome it.

My intuition is what I use when accessing the cumulative set of information of my senses and feelings then apply my reasoning mind for a course of action. To follow my "gut" when rational thought or popular reaction is to do something else is something to be cherished and cultivated.

Now... Do many folks cultivate it? I am guessing that is the point you are coming to. Some folks do not understand the mechanisms by which humans can be steered. Cause of that they are more vulnerable to manipulation.

I would say folks who come to this board are welllll aware.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 4 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Sassy, ~Leela~
Like Reply