Instincts
(03-27-2021, 06:19 PM)=cm= Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:08 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:04 PM)=cm= Wrote: Truth be told and maybe hurtful for some, I do not live my life based on instinct simply because that makes me just like everyone else. I live my life based on or better yet as an intuitive because that makes me original and unique.

When I was created, I am convinced the mold was tossed away and thereby creating just one of a kind; where there is no other quite like me!

Same as an individual fingerprint!

Just Sayin'.
Some people would argue that intuition is the same as instinct.

Are our instincts being dulled to conform to what THEY want...or is it creating an opposite effect of paying close attention to what it is telling us.

What is it telling you about the current events happening in our society, our country?

I don't want to phish anyone...

Simple answer: Instinct means I fly north or south like clockwork with the other geese as the seasons change where intuitive means I've decided to remain behind because I have my own original thoughts and do not follow instinctively/blindly.

Instinct and intuitive thoughts are actually opposites.
So, what's the 'gut'? Instinct or intuition?
Please expand on the differences CM
[-] The following 2 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:28 PM)PickleSnout Wrote:
=cm= Wrote:
~Leela~ Wrote:Some people would argue that intuition is the same as instinct.

Are our instincts being dulled to conform to what THEY want...or is it creating an opposite effect of paying close attention to what it is telling us.

What is it telling you about the current events happening in our society, our country?

Simple answer: Instinct means I fly north or south like clockwork with the other geese as the seasons change where intuitive means I've decided to remain behind because I have my own original thoughts and do not follow instinctively/blindly.

I agree with CM, instinct to me is akin to jerk back a hand from a hot stove. It is not something easily overcome with direct thought, though with practice and focus you might be able to overcome it.

My intuition is what I use when accessing the cumulative set of information of my senses and feelings then apply my reasoning mind for a course of action. To follow my "gut" when rational thought or popular reaction is to do something else is something to be cherished and cultivated.

Now... Do many folks cultivate it? I am guessing that is the point you are coming to.  Some folks do not understand the mechanisms by which humans can be steered. Cause of that they are more vulnerable to manipulation.

I would say folks who come to this board are welllll aware.
Thank you. That resonates with me and is a beautiful post. Heartflowers
Maybe that's the core of this thread.

Intuition vs. instinct.
[-] The following 3 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, PickleSnout
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:08 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:04 PM)=cm= Wrote: Truth be told and maybe hurtful for some, I do not live my life based on instinct simply because that makes me just like everyone else. I live my life based on or better yet as an intuitive because that makes me original and unique.

When I was created, I am convinced the mold was tossed away and thereby creating just one of a kind; where there is no other quite like me!

Same as an individual fingerprint!

Just Sayin'.
Some people would argue that intuition is the same as instinct.

As far as instincts becoming dulled, yes, if you operate instinctively that would be true. However, one who operates intuitively, no, their intuitive thoughts can never dull because those thoughts come from ones inner self, and are never pre-programmed like instinct is.

As far as current events and how I see them is concerned... Everything will happen the way it was designed to happen and with very limited deviation from script. Also, I have no control over what happens to me, BUT, how I respond to them is totally within my control! Everyone has a lot of doors they can open based on their current situation. Think wisely before stepping in, "said the spider to the fly"
☯ * Under the cover of darkness and the silence thereof, I am able to accomplish some of my greatest discoveries of those things hidden. However, those things that hide by the light and noise of the day are far less attainable. Why? Because the light and the noise is a distraction! =cm= ✡

☯ * Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions and Imagination = Miracles! =cm= ✡

☯ * Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3 kjv ✡

☯ * Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24 niv ✡
[-] The following 2 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Apache54, ~Leela~
Like Reply
Instinct = flight or fight 

Intuition = If I want to flee I must be capable of doing so , if I want to fight I must be capable of doing so. So I must prepare for both ot either.

Another perspective is , you know you are the hardest bastard around yet you do not walk down dark alley ways alone and un armed.
There is no justice 
There is  JUST US.

Me and Floaty have an agreement!
[-] The following 4 users Like Stone age man's post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Capnron, ~Leela~
Like Reply
~Leela~ Wrote:Thank you. That resonates with me and is a beautiful post. Heartflowers

Intuition vs. instinct.

I think I understand what you are getting to...
My bias would be an instinctive person does things without much thought of what the consequences or outcomes might be.
If hungry, just go get fast food.
Give into drug/alcohol/sexual hungers no thought to consequences, just feed the impulse.

By making images of certain types of fullfillment appealing, the impulse drive is manipulated by mass media, music videos and popular culture.

I do think it can work on thinking people too. If I am considering building a new workshop and pintrest feeds me a whole passle of beautiful timber frame examples, it may influence me when my construction choices come to bear.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 3 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, ~Leela~
Like Reply
Pattern Recognition

In psychology and cognitive neuroscience, pattern recognition describes cognitive process that matches information from a stimulus with information retrieved from memory.[1]

Pattern recognition occurs when information from the environment is received and entered into short-term memory, causing automatic activation of a specific content of long-term memory. An early example of this is learning the alphabet in order. When a carer repeats ‘A, B, C’ multiple times to a child, utilizing the pattern recognition, the child says ‘C’ after he/she hears ‘A, B’ in order. Recognizing patterns allows us to predict and expect what is coming. The process of pattern recognition involves matching the information received with the information already stored in the brain. Making the connection between memories and information perceived is a step of pattern recognition called identification. Pattern recognition requires repetition of experience. Semantic memory, which is used implicitly and subconsciously is the main type of memory involved with recognition.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_re...sychology)

Apophenia

Apophenia (/æpoʊˈfiːniə/) is the tendency to perceive meaningful connections between unrelated things.[1] The term (German: Apophänie) was coined by psychiatrist Klaus Conrad in his 1958 publication on the beginning stages of schizophrenia.[2] He defined it as "unmotivated seeing of connections [accompanied by] a specific feeling of abnormal meaningfulness".[3][4] He described the early stages of delusional thought as self-referential, over-interpretations of actual sensory perceptions, as opposed to hallucinations.[1][5]

Apophenia has come to imply a human propensity to seek patterns in random information, such as gambling.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

Pattern Recognition is a novel by science fiction writer William Gibson published in 2003. Set in August and September 2002, the story follows Cayce Pollard, a 32-year-old marketing consultant who has a psychological sensitivity to corporate symbols. The action takes place in London, Tokyo, and Moscow as Cayce judges the effectiveness of a proposed corporate symbol and is hired to seek the creators of film clips anonymously posted to the internet.

The novel's central theme involves the examination of the human desire to detect patterns or meaning and the risks of finding patterns in meaningless data
. Other themes include methods of interpretation of history, cultural familiarity with brand names, and tensions between art and commercialization. The September 11, 2001 attacks are used as a motif representing the transition to the new century. Critics identify influences in Pattern Recognition from Thomas Pynchon's postmodern detective story The Crying of Lot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_Re...on_(novel)

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 4 users Like Max's post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, PickleSnout, ~Leela~
Like Reply
Max Wrote:Pattern Recognition

In psychology and cognitive neuroscience, pattern recognition describes cognitive process that matches information from a stimulus with information retrieved from memory.[1]

Pattern recognition occurs when information from the environment is received and entered into short-term memory, causing automatic activation of a specific content of long-term memory. An early example of this is learning the alphabet in order. When a carer repeats ‘A, B, C’ multiple times to a child, utilizing the pattern recognition, the child says ‘C’ after he/she hears ‘A, B’ in order. Recognizing patterns allows us to predict and expect what is coming. The process of pattern recognition involves matching the information received with the information already stored in the brain. Making the connection between memories and information perceived is a step of pattern recognition called identification. Pattern recognition requires repetition of experience. Semantic memory, which is used implicitly and subconsciously is the main type of memory involved with recognition.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_re...sychology)

Apophenia

Apophenia (/æpoʊˈfiːniə/) is the tendency to perceive meaningful connections between unrelated things.[1] The term (German: Apophänie) was coined by psychiatrist Klaus Conrad in his 1958 publication on the beginning stages of schizophrenia.[2] He defined it as "unmotivated seeing of connections [accompanied by] a specific feeling of abnormal meaningfulness".[3][4] He described the early stages of delusional thought as self-referential, over-interpretations of actual sensory perceptions, as opposed to hallucinations.[1][5]

Apophenia has come to imply a human propensity to seek patterns in random information, such as gambling.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

Pattern Recognition is a novel by science fiction writer William Gibson published in 2003. Set in August and September 2002, the story follows Cayce Pollard, a 32-year-old marketing consultant who has a psychological sensitivity to corporate symbols. The action takes place in London, Tokyo, and Moscow as Cayce judges the effectiveness of a proposed corporate symbol and is hired to seek the creators of film clips anonymously posted to the internet.

The novel's central theme involves the examination of the human desire to detect patterns or meaning and the risks of finding patterns in meaningless data
. Other themes include methods of interpretation of history, cultural familiarity with brand names, and tensions between art and commercialization. The September 11, 2001 attacks are used as a motif representing the transition to the new century. Critics identify influences in Pattern Recognition from Thomas Pynchon's postmodern detective story The Crying of Lot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_Re...on_(novel)

Is that where epiphany comes from?
Heartflowers
[-] The following 4 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Max, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:47 PM)Stone age man Wrote: Instinct = flight or fight 

Intuition = If I want to flee I must be capable of doing so , if I want to fight I must be capable of doing so. So I must prepare for both ot either.

Another perspective is , you know you are the hardest bastard around yet you do not walk down dark alley ways alone and un armed.
I think I've been running on instinct too long....

I've had to, tho.

Fight or flight...it's always black or white.
[-] The following 5 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, IDR, PickleSnout, Stone age man
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:31 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:19 PM)=cm= Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:08 PM)~Leela~ Wrote: Some people would argue that intuition is the same as instinct.

So, what's the 'gut'? Instinct or intuition?
Please expand on the differences CM

In that above synopsis as seen as instinct or intuition may need to be changed to logical vs intuitive. Gut feelings are deeper than instinct and even more than logic but not quite intuitive. I would rate each as follows:

1. Instinct (preset predetermined)
2. Logic (Rational thought on a secular level)
3. Gut Feeling (Lacking any real logic)
4. Intuitiveness (knowing but not always knowing how or why)
☯ * Under the cover of darkness and the silence thereof, I am able to accomplish some of my greatest discoveries of those things hidden. However, those things that hide by the light and noise of the day are far less attainable. Why? Because the light and the noise is a distraction! =cm= ✡

☯ * Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions and Imagination = Miracles! =cm= ✡

☯ * Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3 kjv ✡

☯ * Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24 niv ✡
[-] The following 4 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Apache54, PickleSnout, Stone age man, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:47 PM)PickleSnout Wrote:
~Leela~ Wrote:Thank you. That resonates with me and is a beautiful post. Heartflowers

Intuition vs. instinct.

I think I understand what you are getting to...
My bias would be an instinctive person does things without much thought of what the consequences or outcomes might be.
If hungry, just go get fast food.
Give into drug/alcohol/sexual hungers no thought to consequences, just feed the impulse

By making images of certain types of fullfillment appealing, the impulse drive is manipulated by mass media, music videos and popular culture.

I do think it can work on thinking people too. If I am considering building a new workshop and pintrest feeds me a whole passle of beautiful timber frame examples, it may influence me when my construction choices come to bear.
I had to do that for so long...I got confused about instinct or intuition...because they blended in a perfect harmony with me.
Im so grateful to post with people like you guys. I'm so grateful to learn from you all and that's what it's all about right now for me in my stage of development...learning.
[-] The following 3 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • =cm=, PickleSnout, Stone age man
Like Reply