Instincts
(03-27-2021, 08:53 PM)=cm= Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 08:31 PM)Max Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 07:46 PM)~Leela~ Wrote: Would you catagorize yourself in the realm of high intelligence?
It's interesting you bring up 'Magicians'...

Max, do you consider yourself a wizard of some sort?

Daydream

Chuckle

No, and No.

I don't believe in wizards, etc. And, I've stated many times, I'm not that bright. I've been tested, if you go for test stuff, and been told how smart I am.

But, I've known and worked with some really smart people. I am smart enough to recognize them if they talk enough or, I spend a reasonable amount of time around them.

Really smart people, who have a sense of humor and, are pranksters by nature, are the best entertainment I've had. Nothing compares.

[Image: z5cWSPg.jpg]

Le Matin des magiciens
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mornin..._Magicians

Come on, Max... you're being way too modest.
Give yourself some credit where credit is due!
You seem pretty darn smart and bright to me!

[Image: bxV4qR5.png]

Snip
“Bob” (the quotation marks were mandatory) was a supernaturally gifted salesman who was contacted in the 1950s by a “wrathful alien space god from a corporate sin galaxy” who called himself JHVH-1. The mission of “Bob” was to bring Slack to the world. What Slack was, exactly, was left to the imagination, but in Wilcox’s words, “You know when you don’t have it.”

All religions need an adversary. The target audience for the pamphlet was defined on the front page: “Do people think you’re strange? Do you???” Since the two artists were in Dallas, conspiracy theories about the assassination of John F. Kennedy were fresh on their minds. Thus, the Conspiracy of Normals, intent on stealing Slack from the abnormals, was conjured into existence.
https://www.memphisflyer.com/when-fake-b...-subgenius

Densa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densa

Densa IQ Test
https://gomilpitas.com/jokes/densa-iq-test/

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 2 users Like Max's post:
  • =cm=, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 09:46 PM)Max Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 08:53 PM)=cm= Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 08:31 PM)Max Wrote: Chuckle

No, and No.

I don't believe in wizards, etc. And, I've stated many times, I'm not that bright. I've been tested, if you go for test stuff, and been told how smart I am.

But, I've known and worked with some really smart people. I am smart enough to recognize them if they talk enough or, I spend a reasonable amount of time around them.

Really smart people, who have a sense of humor and, are pranksters by nature, are the best entertainment I've had. Nothing compares.

Le Matin des magiciens

Come on, Max... you're being way too modest.
Give yourself some credit where credit is due!
You seem pretty darn smart and bright to me!

[Image: bxV4qR5.png]

Snip
“Bob” (the quotation marks were mandatory) was a supernaturally gifted salesman who was contacted in the 1950s by a “wrathful alien space god from a corporate sin galaxy” who called himself JHVH-1. The mission of “Bob” was to bring Slack to the world. What Slack was, exactly, was left to the imagination, but in Wilcox’s words, “You know when you don’t have it.”

All religions need an adversary. The target audience for the pamphlet was defined on the front page: “Do people think you’re strange? Do you???” Since the two artists were in Dallas, conspiracy theories about the assassination of John F. Kennedy were fresh on their minds. Thus, the Conspiracy of Normals, intent on stealing Slack from the abnormals, was conjured into existence.
https://www.memphisflyer.com/when-fake-b...-subgenius

Densa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densa

Densa IQ Test
https://gomilpitas.com/jokes/densa-iq-test/

Lmao
☯ * Under the cover of darkness and the silence thereof, I am able to accomplish some of my greatest discoveries of those things hidden. However, those things that hide by the light and noise of the day are far less attainable. Why? Because the light and the noise is a distraction! =cm= ✡

☯ * Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions and Imagination = Miracles! =cm= ✡

☯ * Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3 kjv ✡
[-] The following 2 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Max, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 08:31 PM)Max Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 07:46 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 07:08 PM)Max Wrote: I see epiphany as a "realization". I think, any stimulus, real or imagined, might bring that on.

But, I'm no shrink. The Psych School of "Behaviorists" might have a lot to say about it?

Edit:

I should add that, really smart people often see relationships between events or things that others would miss. Einstein defined the ability to do that, and the level at which it's done, as the true measure of intelligence. Others, unskilled or at a lower level of intelligence seeing this, without an accompanying proof, might mistake this for Apophenia.

It's often why smart people have learned not to talk about things they know others wouldn't understand.  That topic is addressed in "The Morning of the Magicians".
Would you catagorize yourself in the realm of high intelligence?
It's interesting you bring up 'Magicians'...

Max, do you consider yourself a wizard of some sort?

Daydream

Chuckle

No, and No.

Le Matin des magiciens
Thank you oh wizard of LeMatin des magicians 
Chuckle Heartflowers
[Image: tenor-5.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like ~Leela~'s post:
  • Max, Sassy
Like Reply
Rethinking the instinct idea in humans made me realize there are at least two preprogrammed instincts which are survival instinct like fight or flight, and reproduction/procreation instinct. Also, the notion of marriage before bearing children however, is seemingly innate and yet natural and/or even a morally learned idea while not at all necessary biologically to reproduce. In other words, there's lots of little things that are based on so-called confounded and unnecessary logic and reasoning.

And we haven't even explored just where the ego fits into all of this; that seemingly little sly one who loves to toss a monkey wrench into the works every single time!
☯ * Under the cover of darkness and the silence thereof, I am able to accomplish some of my greatest discoveries of those things hidden. However, those things that hide by the light and noise of the day are far less attainable. Why? Because the light and the noise is a distraction! =cm= ✡

☯ * Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3 kjv ✡
[-] The following 1 user Likes =cm='s post:
  • ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:34 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:28 PM)PickleSnout Wrote:
=cm= Wrote:Simple answer: Instinct means I fly north or south like clockwork with the other geese as the seasons change where intuitive means I've decided to remain behind because I have my own original thoughts and do not follow instinctively/blindly.

Instinct and intuitive thoughts are actually opposites.

I agree with CM, instinct to me is akin to jerk back a hand from a hot stove. It is not something easily overcome with direct thought, though with practice and focus you might be able to overcome it.

My intuition is what I use when accessing the cumulative set of information of my senses and feelings then apply my reasoning mind for a course of action. To follow my "gut" when rational thought or popular reaction is to do something else is something to be cherished and cultivated.

Now... Do many folks cultivate it? I am guessing that is the point you are coming to.  Some folks do not understand the mechanisms by which humans can be steered. Cause of that they are more vulnerable to manipulation.

I would say folks who come to this board are welllll aware.
Thank you. That resonates with me and is a beautiful post. Heartflowers
Maybe that's the core of this thread.

Intuition vs. instinct.

This is my opinion on the difference between the two.

Instinct = Is reaction to situations formed by several factors which include your DNA heritage and your learning process as you grow up.

Intuition = Is much deeper and comes from your level of enlightenment of your 3rd eye. For some people it is a awareness of knowing things with no explanation of why you should know it. It can be tuned to grow within you and develop and become a very powerful gift. Some people don't have it and others have many different levels of it.

The two do intertwine and sometimes are not easy to separate them, I believe that is the way it is suppose to be for those whom have BOTH, those people have higher levels of them when they are combined and developed as they grow.
[-] The following 2 users Like Apache54's post:
  • =cm=, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:59 PM)=cm= Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:31 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:19 PM)=cm= Wrote: Simple answer: Instinct means I fly north or south like clockwork with the other geese as the seasons change where intuitive means I've decided to remain behind because I have my own original thoughts and do not follow instinctively/blindly.

Instinct and intuitive thoughts are actually opposites.
So, what's the 'gut'? Instinct or intuition?
Please expand on the differences CM

In that above synopsis as seen as instinct or intuition may need to be changed to logical vs intuitive. Gut feelings are deeper than instinct and even more than logic but not quite intuitive. I would rate each as follows:

1. Instinct (preset predetermined)
2. Logic (Rational thought on a secular level)
3. Gut Feeling (Lacking and real logic)
4. Intuitiveness (knowing but not always knowing how or why)

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^ you nailed it
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 06:11 PM)Capnron Wrote: My instincts don’t change with politics in the least. I guess I’m old enough to not give a shit what someone thinks but still young enough to do what I need to do.
My instincts now are probably the sharpest they’ve ever been in my life.

I don’t have tolerance for propaganda or blind sheep, I just can’t do it. That’s probably why it takes a whole Hell of a lot to influence me.
Yours and @Stone age man 's comments just make a strong argument for the patriarchy we were manipulated into throwing away. Men and women have different instincts. Men's are generally less easy to influence. We women have been influenced by the deep state since the 1960's to screw our lives up and some of us have done a fine job of it. So for me instinct these days is about Torah, about God and His will, since I have no husband to be my covering. My faith is in Him, and my instincts are (hopefully) tuned by Him daily. Life's getting better.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rose's post:
  • Capnron, Stone age man, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-28-2021, 09:22 AM)Apache54 Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:34 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:28 PM)PickleSnout Wrote: I agree with CM, instinct to me is akin to jerk back a hand from a hot stove. It is not something easily overcome with direct thought, though with practice and focus you might be able to overcome it.

My intuition is what I use when accessing the cumulative set of information of my senses and feelings then apply my reasoning mind for a course of action. To follow my "gut" when rational thought or popular reaction is to do something else is something to be cherished and cultivated.

Now... Do many folks cultivate it? I am guessing that is the point you are coming to.  Some folks do not understand the mechanisms by which humans can be steered. Cause of that they are more vulnerable to manipulation.

I would say folks who come to this board are welllll aware.
Thank you. That resonates with me and is a beautiful post. Heartflowers
Maybe that's the core of this thread.

Intuition vs. instinct.

This is my opinion on the difference between the two.

Instinct =  Is reaction to situations formed by several factors which include your DNA heritage and your learning process as you grow up.

Intuition =  Is much deeper and comes from your level of enlightenment of your 3rd eye.  For some people it is a awareness of knowing things with no explanation of why you should know it.  It can be tuned to grow within you and develop  and become a very powerful gift. Some people don't have it and others have many different levels of it.

The two do intertwine and sometimes are not easy to separate them, I believe that is the way it is suppose to be for those whom have BOTH, those people have higher levels of them when they are combined and developed as they grow.

Instinct is innate and quite natural and is inborn at birth. That said, most individuals mistakenly confuse a reactionary personality as an instinctual personality. What I mean by that is a person with a short-fuse will react differently than someone who's more emotionally secure and/or stable. They'll almost always view their actions they've taken as instinct when their reactions were based on their aggressive and reactionary personality, which of course, is not instinct!

[-] The following 2 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Apache54, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-28-2021, 09:26 AM)Rose Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 06:11 PM)Capnron Wrote: My instincts don’t change with politics in the least. I guess I’m old enough to not give a shit what someone thinks but still young enough to do what I need to do.
My instincts now are probably the sharpest they’ve ever been in my life.

I don’t have tolerance for propaganda or blind sheep, I just can’t do it. That’s probably why it takes a whole Hell of a lot to influence me.
Yours and @Stone age man 's comments just make a strong argument for the patriarchy we were manipulated into throwing away. Men and women have different instincts. Men's are generally less easy to influence. We women have been influenced by the deep state since the 1960's to screw our lives up and some of us have done a fine job of it. So for me instinct these days is about Torah, about God and His will, since I have no husband to be my covering. My faith is in Him, and my instincts are (hopefully) tuned by Him daily. Life's getting better.

That is an interesting perspective , yet not one that I would advocate myself. 

Terminology has been used against us all , and patriarchy/matriarchy are just more of the same , in my opinion , there is only one solution and that is Humanity.

Heartflowers
There is no justice 
There is  JUST US.

Me and Floaty have an agreement!
[-] The following 2 users Like Stone age man's post:
  • Apache54, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 07:42 PM)~Leela~ Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 07:30 PM)=cm= Wrote: Most humans do not operate on instinct. Most operate using logic though some more than others. As far as intuition is concerned, not everyone possesses it. As a matter-of-fact, a limited amount of individuals actually do. That said, anyone can develop intuition, but it comes with a cost; many sleepless nights and at first, many unanswered questions. It will also take an entire lifetime to develop and that is why there are so few. Most will not put in the time required. There are zero shortcuts and even on the day of your death, you will still be a learning student!
I guess I'm a hybrid then because I've been living on both. In an extremely hightened state of awareness...not just of my own but for my surroundings..
 I can Tell you who want on your side when  SHTF...a cross breed between extreme instinct and intuition.

There's some hinky stuff going on and I worry for those who don't hone either of these God given abilities.

Thanks CM...you're always a treasure trove of knowledge

In a number of years and when you're my age, you'll see things differently; with more clarity. Your perspective and belief systems will change. You will see things much deeper and without any effort what-so-ever! Certain things won't really matter anymore and things that were overlooked in the past as unimportant will suddenly take center stage. In a nutshell, you'll become something else than you are currently.

Since there are no real secrets and only things intentionally hidden just waiting to be discovered, I'll share this long ago forgotten knowledge from earth ages past. You will know you have arrived when you truly understand the deepest meaning of the emotions of LOVE! No, not your human thoughts as far as your understandings of love and what it means. Toss out your dictionary and all known literature because you'll never find it there as hard as they've tried, they've missed the mark completely since there are no known words to describe what that love actually is.

Many have known this love, but its next to impossible to convey its true meaning. However, there will be times when you think you've discovered its meaning, but you'll need to be disappointed a number of times before you do discover it. That's part of the process; disappointment that is. That said, you'll know when it happens, though, because it's undeniable! You'll cry when you do! The most powerful force in the entire universe is Love!!!

I hope I was able to shed some light on this topic as I have made a real attempt to explain it as much as humanly possible! I also hope I didn't overstep my boundaries here. If so, I do apologize!

[-] The following 1 user Likes =cm='s post:
  • ~Leela~
Like Reply