Gasohol
Anybody run short on gas over the holiday weekend?

Guess not.

Anyhow, it seems to me that back in the day, manual stick transmissions got a couple gallons better mileage than battle tested on a tank automatic transmissions.  Automatics shift faster, but there was something like a torque converter that causes a penalty in gas mileage.  There was probably four in the floor, and for the automatic is was three speeds. Now just about every car comes with an automatic.  Some cars still come with millenial anti theft devices.

[Image: anti-theft-device.jpg]
Like Reply
Going green typically means that recycling is involved.  But they have stretched it to mean all kinds of energy saving this and that.

But while driving, I consider not having to stop at red lights, and only getting green lights is going green.
Like Reply
One hell of a used car salesman.  Car needs work, but there ain't nothing wrong with the radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeeWgn6P3A

Hmm...I think I'll buy the car just for the radio. Scrap the rest. Chuckle
Like Reply
Okay spent 8 days in Oregon. Desiel was 3.65, Gas was 4.18 ? Then I get back to Idaho. Desiel was 4.10 and gas was 3.75. WTF
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes IDR's post:
  • Heir
Like Reply
Lower Trade and Sales Taxes in Idaho .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 1 user Likes Heir's post:
  • IDR
Like Reply
If you want to check the performance of your car, you might plug a scanner into your obdii port.  Available in most cars since 1996.  And about the same time, the quickly burning out day driving headlights came about.  Wonder if there is an obdii code for that.  If the government is going to hack your car, you might as well make use of it.  Strangely some cars have a dash read out that doesn’t show up in an odbii scanner obtained code.

Most auto parts stores carry some kind of odbii reader for quite a chunk of change even though some places will read your car if you can just drive it there in one piece.  

I had an innova Bluetooth reader.  Use their app to scan your vin and then identify with a library all the possible error codes for a given vehicle while storing your inventory on their cloud.  Not sure i like that, but however, being broke down in the middle of nowhere where the internet is not available doesn’t help a whole lot.  Now their app no longer seems to connect to the cloud, so completely useless now. Could also have a handheld scanner that may or may not work on your car.  Another problem.  

The most popular choice is a elm327 usb or Bluetooth odbii adapter that reads with a smartphone app.  Just like everything else in China, there are cheap knockoffs that don’t work to standard.  But otherwise an actual elm327 is the favorite scanner.  I found what looks like a good elm327 unit paired with a popular torque app for android.  I’m already liking it better than the innova.  Apparently, iOS can only use bluetooths 4.0 but not any earlier specifications.  Damned apple!
Like Reply
When the instant gas mileage shows up at 99 mpg on the dash when coasting, the obdii reader reads alot more than that.  Lmao Of course, there's no possibility that I'm going to get that kind of mileage on a gallon of gas, maybe the long term gas mileage reading is more useful.
Like Reply
[Image: 2vp7zw.jpg]
Like Reply
(04-04-2021, 12:54 AM)counterintelligence Wrote: Unobtainable

Solar and wind just can’t compare to fossil fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINRoj_DrwI
Seems like youtube doesn't want any one to know that fossil fuels are better than batteries, solar panels, and wind turbines.  Or that it isn't environmentally or economically friendly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes counterintelligence's post:
  • =42
Like Reply
[Image: funny-signs-kids-eat-free.jpg]

Kids with purchase of gas eat free

Lmao
Like Reply