Gasohol
[Image: xwHihzt.jpg]

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 3 users Like Heir's post:
  • counterintelligence, IDR, rikster111
Like Reply
(03-27-2021, 08:30 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: Maybe a few here on the gasohol tonight  Chuckle
Take one down pass it around.  99 gallons of gas on the wall.
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • Heir, IDR
Like Reply
Hmm...in some states they subsidize the gasohol, so that you pay a lower price at the pump.
-
They need to quit that, because now some are 15% blends.  But it's just to make you think you are one with the ruling elite in saving the environment.  Or rather that it cheaper than the real non bio stuff.  

In other states, where they aren't so backwards, they charge more for gasohol, because it costs more to make.  Somehow we could pull the subsidy on these states and bring the price back in line (only a little I presume).  Just leave it up to someone like Obama or Biden to give it that subtle push that we need the environmentally unfriendly stuff just because it is less expensive when they artificially raise the price of everything.  Remember when the gas prices were too low and CONgress wanted to add needless taxes back into the price just to make the price go up?  Gas prices, it's not just for taxes anymore.  

I think the ruling elite are just hijacking every industry to steal more tax income than what they can get on the Federal Reserve crash the Titanic April 15th.
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • Heir, Verity
Like Reply
Ah. Here we go.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/tex...c-vehicle/

Texans may have to pay $200-$400 fee for driving an electric vehicle.

Just because it’s so environmentally friendly and you won’t be paying a gas tax anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes counterintelligence's post:
  • Heir
Like Reply
Let’s burn some gas.  A V12 makes its’ own music.

C'était un rendez-vous (1976) from Drakkonhi on Vimeo.

• Verity
Like Reply
(04-04-2021, 10:10 PM)IDR Wrote: Last year I bought a garden tractor. It has a 22 hp V twin Briggs engine. It says in the manual that the use of ethanol fuel may void the warranty. 
Fortunately there is a non ethanol gas station not far from where I live. I try to fill up both vehicles with it and use it in my atv, and all garden tools. I can say that everything runs a bit smoother. I just changed the oil on my tractor after 17 hours, and it looked pretty darn clean. Plus real gas smells better. I dunno if it tastes better but that would be another thread!  Chuckle

At home I use a zero turn mower and a standard lawn tractor to cut grass and a compact backhoe for minor landscaping and driveway repair. I would gladly use ethanol free gas all the time but sadly it isnt readily available every time I need to run my equipment. So sometimes I am forced to use "up to 10% ethanol" gas. It doesnt run as good, but when the grass and weeds are a foot high and its snake season, it gets the job done when the 2 stations that sell the good stuff are dry.

The big problem with the ethanol is it eats seals/gaskets. Luckily, Im kind of proficient at tearing down motors and rebuilding them.

FYI, it does not taste better. Do not ask how I know that. Facepalm
Shit happens.
[-] The following 3 users Like JB1's post:
  • Elric, Heir, IDR
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Obz5NQiDM

So...much for the electric car?
  • Elric
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 02:51 AM)JB1 Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 10:10 PM)IDR Wrote: Last year I bought a garden tractor. It has a 22 hp V twin Briggs engine. It says in the manual that the use of ethanol fuel may void the warranty. 
Fortunately there is a non ethanol gas station not far from where I live. I try to fill up both vehicles with it and use it in my atv, and all garden tools. I can say that everything runs a bit smoother. I just changed the oil on my tractor after 17 hours, and it looked pretty darn clean. Plus real gas smells better. I dunno if it tastes better but that would be another thread!  Chuckle

At home I use a zero turn mower and a standard lawn tractor to cut grass and a compact backhoe for minor landscaping and driveway repair. I would gladly use ethanol free gas all the time but sadly it isnt readily available every time I need to run my equipment. So sometimes I am forced to use "up to 10% ethanol" gas. It doesnt run as good, but when the grass and weeds are a foot high and its snake season, it gets the job done when the 2 stations that sell the good stuff are dry.

The big problem with the ethanol is it eats seals/gaskets. Luckily, Im kind of proficient at tearing down motors and rebuilding them.

FYI, it does not taste better. Do not ask how I know that.   Facepalm
Doesn’t taste like corn on the cob?
[Image: 960.jpg]
  • IDR
Like Reply

Oh I could also do the tear down and rebuild. But I hate that shit. It takes away from fishing time.  Chuckle
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
Like Reply
(06-06-2021, 09:20 PM)IDR Wrote:

Oh I could also do the tear down and rebuild. But I hate that shit. It takes away from fishing time.  Chuckle

And I will not ask why it does not taste better, cuz I know better.  Chuckle
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
Like Reply