Greek Orthodox Easter April 30 - May 3
The dates for Greek Orthodox Easter in 2021 are:
Good Friday - April 30
Holy Saturday - May 1
Easter Sunday or Easter Day - May 2
Easter Monday - May 3
The 2021 dates for Greek Orthodox Easter are two weeks later than in 2020.
More significantly, they are four weeks after the Western Easter celebrations. That's a huge difference.
This massive gap of one month between western and Greek Easter dates has not happened for a long time.
But it's said they can be separated by as much as five weeks so it's not the biggest gap than could potentially happen.

Which countries celebrate Orthodox Easter?
Despite it being commonly called Greek Easter, this tradition is celebrated in other places apart from Greece.
Other countries that officially observe Orthodox Easter include Cyprus, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Lebanon and the Republic of Macedonia.

Is it a bank holiday?
Orthodox Good Friday - also known as Great Friday and in Greek as Megáli Paraskeví - is not a bank holiday in the UK.

And nor is Orthodox Easter Monday, also known as Bright Monday and in Greek as Deftéra tou Páscha.

There are no Orthodox Easter public holidays in Australia, Canada or the USA either, because - like the UK - they predominantly observe Western Christian traditions.

But those countries named above that officially observe Orthodox Easter as their main Easter will be having public holidays on their equivalent of Good Friday and Easter Monday.

In Greece itself, the Eternal Flame arrives by military jet on Easter Saturday and is given to the priests to take to their local churches. At midnight, the whole country comes to life with church bells, ships’ horns, floodlights and fireworks.

Orthodox Easter celebrations can vary in other countries such as Russia.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-o...x-18402206
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • Cedar, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
I don't have much time but I will add a little bit to your thread.  Heartflowers

The reason that the Easters fall on different dates and are the same only once every four years is because the Christian East did not accept the infernal Gregorian calendar that was forced on the world by Rome.

The Christian East stayed with the Julian calendar while the West split off. The East considers the changing of the calendar as an attack against unity, brotherhood and love within the Christian community by causing division many centuries ago. The Christian East simply stayed the same.

As for the Greeks? They tried their hand at compromise. This made it worse because the traditionalists stayed with the Julian calendar while the the Patriarch followed the West. This means that the divide in Greece is even worse and they make themselves look just plain silly. All through the year they are following the Gregorian calendar then they play catch up at Easter to the Julian calendar and pretend that they have not made fruit salad out of the church year.

I add this because it might interest some. From the article.

*snip*

In Greece itself, the Eternal Flame arrives by military jet on Easter Saturday and is given to the priests to take to their local churches. At midnight, the whole country comes to life with church bells, ships’ horns, floodlights and fireworks.

*snip*

The author is not likely Greek or Orthodox so I will explain something. This flame is what is called Holy Fire and it arrives from a ceremony that takes place every Easter at the Tomb of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem.  From the tomb the fire is taken by jet in every direction globally. Perhaps it will be limited this year because of the stupid Covid nonsense.

Suffice to say that the Holy Fire is considered to be a miracle. It is one more bit of information that is suppressed for some unknown reason because very few people have ever heard of it even though it has been going on for millennia.

Holy Fire: The biggest miracle you've (probably) never heard of

https://www.premierchristianity.com/home...44.article

[Image: I4xYNaN.jpg]
The world is a magical place full of people who are waiting to be offended by something.
[-] The following 5 users Like snowglobe's post:
  • Cedar, ELIAKIM, Pure Rock Fury, Sassy, Verity
Like Reply
Thumbs Up 
(04-02-2021, 03:29 PM)snowglobe Wrote: I don't have much time but I will add a little bit to your thread.  Heartflowers

The reason that the Easters fall on different dates and are the same only once every four years is because the Christian East did not accept the infernal Gregorian calendar that was forced on the world by Rome.

The Christian East stayed with the Julian calendar while the West split off. The East considers the changing of the calendar as an attack against unity, brotherhood and love within the Christian community by causing division many centuries ago. The Christian East simply stayed the same.

As for the Greeks? They tried their hand at compromise. This made it worse because the traditionalists stayed with the Julian calendar while the the Patriarch followed the West. This means that the divide in Greece is even worse and they make themselves look just plain silly. All through the year they are following the Gregorian calendar then they play catch up at Easter to the Julian calendar and pretend that they have not made fruit salad out of the church year.

*snip*

*snip*

The author is not likely Greek or Orthodox so I will explain something. This flame is what is called Holy Fire and it arrives from a ceremony that takes place every Easter at the Tomb of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem.  From the tomb the fire is taken by jet in every direction globally. Perhaps it will be limited this year because of the stupid Covid nonsense.

Suffice to say that the Holy Fire is considered to be a miracle. It is one more bit of information that is suppressed for some unknown reason because very few people have ever heard of it even though it has been going on for millennia.

[Image: I4xYNaN.jpg]
Cheer Thanks for sharing.
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • gallowglassie, snowglobe
Like Reply
(04-02-2021, 04:57 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 03:29 PM)snowglobe Wrote: I don't have much time but I will add a little bit to your thread.  Heartflowers

*snip*

*snip*

Cheer Thanks for sharing.

The Fire is lit around the 24 min mark.

The world is a magical place full of people who are waiting to be offended by something.
Like Reply
Heartflowers
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • snowglobe
Like Reply