Heard an absolutely creepy sound today.....
(04-02-2021, 04:02 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: I was at my neighbors house (we are good friends and have lived next to each other for 20 years). His house is about 1/4 mile forme mine.
I was helping him take out an oak tree behind his house that was killed from oak wilt. We worked cutting from this morning took a lunch break and continued until about 3pm (Texas Time) where we stopped because I wanted to sharpen the chain on my saw. So we are sitting there and we hear this "scream" that lasted for about 5 seconds. It was coming from the wooded area between his property and mine (cedar and oak trees).
It Damn sure raised the hairs on my neck !!!
It is hard to describe - think of an eagle scream about 3 octaves lower....
He went in his house and came out with an M-14 and an M-1 Garand both fully loaded and handed me the M-1. We walked around thru the woods all the way up to my property and then back and saw or heard nothing.
I have heard all sorts of wild life (Bobcats, Cougars, Bears, Wild Boars) and I have never experienced a sound like that and my buddy said he never has either.
Definately Creepy !!!!!

Perhaps it was a screech owl
A nation divided against itself cannot stand.  So they divide us by any means necessary
Like Reply
It's hard to say,  I don't know what it could have been.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mountain man's post:
  • Grendelmort
Like Reply
Hopefully it will happen again so you can get a better idea what it was.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mountain man's post:
  • Grendelmort
Like Reply
(04-07-2021, 04:10 PM)mountain man Wrote: Hopefully it will happen again so you can get a better idea what it was.
It was Definately a creepy sound and I want to hear it again !
Nothing so far on the trail cams ......
Gunpowder smoke behind the Dogwood trees
Like Reply
Popnana Popnana very interesting!
I'm excited to see if you catch anything on your cameras
[Image: vcTnVkw.png] 
Like Reply