Excuse My Ignorance. How Can a 'Chopper Fly In Mars' Thin Atmosphere?
I have to get the science right for complete understanding.
Now, while the VOLUME of mars is 1% of earth's in total, (makes total sense, since we are a larger planet)
what makes things fly is atmospheric density. The ability to push against molecules.

The highest atmospheric density on Mars is equal to the density found 35 km (22 mi) above the Earth's surface and is ~0.020 kg/m3

So, yes things can fly and parachutes can work.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 3 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Oldcynic, RedAuroras
Like Reply
(04-23-2021, 06:28 PM)PickleSnout Wrote: I have to get the science right for complete understanding.
Now, while the VOLUME of mars is 1% of earth's in total, (makes total sense, since we are a larger planet)
what makes things fly is atmospheric density. The ability to push against molecules.

The highest atmospheric density on Mars is equal to the density found 35 km (22 mi) above the Earth's surface and is ~0.020 kg/m3

So, yes things can fly and parachutes can work.
Very interesting.  Of course it's not volume but density, thusly we can swim in water and float more easily in saltwater.

Quote:How is Mars atmosphere volume different from Earth?
Mars has a much thinner atmospheric volume compared to Earth. Earth’s atmosphere is over 100 denser than Mars.
Keep in mind that Earth’s size in the infographic above is much larger compared to Mars. Mars is about half the size of Earth in diameter.
https://earthhow.com/mars-atmosphere/

So many inaccuracies to try and confuse us.  Volume is space occupation.  Density is more relative to mass.

I use density every time I check the specific gravity of my old batteries.  Volume is how much space the electrolyte occupies in the tube.
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oldcynic's post:
  • PickleSnout
Like Reply
Mars has an atmosphere providing a negative pressure. The airfoil of the blades will generate a positive pressure allowing it to counteract the negative force providing lift.
[-] The following 3 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • Oldcynic, PickleSnout, SlowLoris
Like Reply
I was asking a similar question when The Martian came out, but everybody insists there somehow really are hurricane force wind storms on Mars.
Like Reply
(04-23-2021, 05:08 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 04:22 PM)Dangerously Nameless Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 04:15 PM)Oldcynic Wrote: At my last CITD gathering, Mike Bara was present.  I had already read his book "Dark Mission; NASA's Secret History."  Towers, glass structures and other anomalies.
Fascinating............and I am convinced our lunar satellite was constructed and placed where it is.  Hollow and encrusted, there are beings living within it.

The WATCHERS?

Oh how I wish I could join them...so very tired of all the bull that is on the surface of this earth.

Heartflowers
Sorry to be such a party-pooper but the "bull" may be intergalactic.   Chuckle

So Martians have 72 genders, don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and run Washington DC, Hollywood, universities and the media?

Damn.

Do they bleed red or acidic green slim that can eat through boots?

Asking for a friend. Chuckle
[Image: tkRlgbt.png] There has never been a time more important than now to remind those in power that our Constitution does not need to be re-written; it needs to be re-read.-Ron Coleman, Constitutional Attorney
[-] The following 2 users Like Dangerously Nameless's post:
  • Oldcynic, PickleSnout
Like Reply
As I thought, this mars mission and the helicopter are fake.
[/url]
Watch this Nasa video.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9HHH_H5KoU]
The helicopter kicks up absolutely no dust which is impossible. Mars is completely covered in super fine dust laid down by millions of years of wind erosion with no rain ever happening to secure it to the surface. No dust from the downdraft means this is just CGI fakery, the mission is fake as I originally stated and then clearly demonstrated with the (now faked properly) "camera images" but they screwed up again, evidently Mars is a clean room that has no dust. You know - the dust that can completely block out all views of the surface during dust storms. The dust they claim has seriously stifled previous rovers because it built up on the solar panels. Where is it in that helicopter video? it should have been a red-out or brown out. I figured the helicopter would be a failure from the dust, WHERE IS IT???

http://82.221.129.208/.un8.html
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • Oldcynic, Wing-ed
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 01:09 AM)counterintelligence Wrote: As I thought, this mars mission and the helicopter are fake.
[/url]
Watch this Nasa video.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9HHH_H5KoU]
The helicopter kicks up absolutely no dust which is impossible. Mars is completely covered in super fine dust laid down by millions of years of wind erosion with no rain ever happening to secure it to the surface. No dust from the downdraft means this is just CGI fakery, the mission is fake as I originally stated and then clearly demonstrated with the (now faked properly) "camera images" but they screwed up again, evidently Mars is a clean room that has no dust. You know - the dust that can completely block out all views of the surface during dust storms. The dust they claim has seriously stifled previous rovers because it built up on the solar panels. Where is it in that helicopter video? it should have been a red-out or brown out. I figured the helicopter would be a failure from the dust, WHERE IS IT???

http://82.221.129.208/.un8.html
No dust here after a rain !  Chuckle
1 of 7000 Reserved
Like Reply