More Math is Racist BS from Virginia
(04-25-2021, 11:30 AM)San Azulito Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 10:32 AM)Hero Protagonist Wrote: Wow. I thought they were just eliminating calc and trig, but it’s algebra, too. Now I know most people don’t use algebra and geometry much, but if you leave your framing square at home you can still use a tape measure and the Pythagorean theorem to find square. Maybe he was a racist, but kids will never know now will they?

Although it was long ago...I think algebra used to be introduced in around 5th grade?  No algebra until 11th grade is just completely fucking nuts.

I was in high school in the late 60's and we had Algebra in the 9th grade.
[Image: w6haJ09.png]Adopt a Kruger. Ask DaJavoo!

Please Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse!

We never know how high we are, till we are called to rise. And then, if we are true to plan our statures touch the skies. Emily Dickinson
[-] The following 2 users Like Sassy's post:
  • Elric, Hero Protagonist
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 10:32 AM)Hero Protagonist Wrote: Wow. I thought they were just eliminating calc and trig, but it’s algebra, too. Now I know most people don’t use algebra and geometry much, but if you leave your framing square at home you can still use a tape measure and the Pythagorean theorem to find square. Maybe he was a racist, but kids will never know now will they?

Although it was long ago...I think algebra used to be introduced in around 5th grade?  No algebra until 11th grade is just completely fucking nuts.
I started pre-algebra in the sixth grade. So did my older two boys. My youngest will learn it at home or if I can’t do it I will hire someone. I already have someone in mind. 
I just don’t understand why they won’t even offer it, except Northam is a panderer supreme since the blackface thing, and I guess most people with a soul don’t want to run for office. Virginia is f’d, but I done put down roots here, I guess it’s up to me to do what I need done, but wasn’t it always? Or is it because I’m white? Man if I was a so-called minority (might be already, who gaf) I’d be pretty pissed off at this blatant racism, because that’s what this is.
Somebody call a jackass?
[-] The following 3 users Like Hero Protagonist's post:
  • BirdLady2, Elric, rikster111
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 12:56 PM)Hero Protagonist Wrote:

I started pre-algebra in the sixth grade. So did my older two boys. My youngest will learn it at home or if I can’t do it I will hire someone. I already have someone in mind. 
I just don’t understand why they won’t even offer it, except Northam is a panderer supreme since the blackface thing, and I guess most people with a soul don’t want to run for office. Virginia is f’d, but I done put down roots here, I guess it’s up to me to do what I need done, but wasn’t it always? Or is it because I’m white? Man if I was a so-called minority (might be already, who gaf) I’d be pretty pissed off at this blatant racism, because that’s what this is.

It sounds like either they are not going to teach math anymore for a couple of grades, or they are going to bore the hell out of the smart kids making them take the same arithmetic over and over.

This is the 'disparate outcome' concept of racism. If you keep seeing black kids missing in the advanced class then the advanced class is 'racism'.

It is a cognitive dissonance to facing that affirmative action failed.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
[-] The following 4 users Like San Azulito's post:
  • Capslock, Dangerously Nameless, Elric, Hero Protagonist
Like Reply
DANCENANNA 
Ahem, I am both a student of Mathematics and a teacher. One cannot learn too much about this subject.

For all of the freaks who have decided math is racist, here are a few constants for you.

1. 2+2 will always equal 4, no matter how much you want to change it.

2. The square root of 5 is 2.236.  It will always be that value, no matter how much you think it is racist and you want to change it.

3. The value of Pi will always be 3.14.  Get over it!

These leftist organisms are showing their lack of intelligence.  

Chuckle
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”

― Mark Twain
[-] The following 7 users Like phxsparks's post:
  • Elric, Grendelmort, LucyBarnable, MysticPizza, rikster111, sevenx, Verity
Like Reply
I just heard on the radio “officials” are now walking it back big time, saying they were only voicing ideas in response to some recommendations. Yeah right, piss on my head and tell me it’s raining.  Chuckle
Somebody call a jackass?
[-] The following 7 users Like Hero Protagonist's post:
  • Dangerously Nameless, Elric, LucyBarnable, phxsparks, rikster111, San Azulito, Verity
Like Reply
(04-27-2021, 08:57 AM)Hero Protagonist Wrote: I just heard on the radio “officials” are now walking it back big time, saying they were only voicing ideas in response to some recommendations. Yeah right, piss on my head and tell me it’s raining.  Chuckle

The article points out though that this is a trend.

The elite that run education are pushing to get rid of all these Magnet Schools (which they have always been against) that take high-performing kids. No entrance requirements, just have a lottery for entrance.

It's all the same idea. It's a way to impose affirmative action without calling it affirmative action.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
[-] The following 7 users Like San Azulito's post:
  • BirdLady2, Dangerously Nameless, Heir, Hero Protagonist, phxsparks, rikster111, Verity
Like Reply
(04-24-2021, 08:16 PM)Elric Wrote: Are they trying to say that black people are really stupid and so to spare their feelings the rest of us have to pretend that we are also really stupid?   Scratchinghead   

[Image: nS90gQ8.jpg]

Hiding3

Yes. That is exactly what they are saying.

Elitist liberals are perhaps the most racist people on earth:

Black Americans were too stupid to buy beer, lotto tickets, drive a car, buy a home, open a bank account, get a credit card, sign their names and have any form of picture ID: AKA they couldn't get an ID card.

And now their children are so stupid that the schools must lower the bar to acquiesce to their low IQ level so they don't feel bad.

^This is exactly the level of racism that Liberals in the USA are at.

Pretty disgusting. And yet leftists constantly get a pass for every evil action they force upon the USA.
[Image: tkRlgbt.png] There has never been a time more important than now to remind those in power that our Constitution does not need to be re-written; it needs to be re-read.-Ron Coleman, Constitutional Attorney
[-] The following 7 users Like Dangerously Nameless's post:
  • BirdLady2, Capslock, Elric, LucyBarnable, phxsparks, rikster111, San Azulito
Like Reply
(04-27-2021, 10:57 AM)Dangerously Nameless Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 08:16 PM)Elric Wrote: Are they trying to say that black people are really stupid and so to spare their feelings the rest of us have to pretend that we are also really stupid?   Scratchinghead   

[Image: nS90gQ8.jpg]

Hiding3

Yes. That is exactly what they are saying.

Elitist liberals are perhaps the most racist people on earth:

Black Americans were too stupid to buy beer, lotto tickets, drive a car, buy a home, open a bank account, get a credit card, sign their names and have any form of picture ID: AKA they couldn't get an ID card.

And now their children are so stupid that the schools must lower the bar to acquiesce to their low IQ level so they don't feel bad.

^This is exactly the level of racism that Liberals in the USA are at. 

Pretty disgusting. And yet leftists constantly get a pass for every evil action they force upon the USA.

My grandmother's favorite saying was: 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'.

That sums up liberalism. They are on the wrong path but they keep on going.
[-] The following 4 users Like San Azulito's post:
  • Capslock, Dangerously Nameless, LucyBarnable, rikster111
Like Reply
If they can’t count change at McDonalds then there is no way they can understand algebra, trig, or any other higher math.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Saul Goode's post:
  • LucyBarnable
Like Reply
(04-27-2021, 07:40 PM)Saul Goode Wrote: If they can’t count change at McDonalds then there is no way they can understand algebra, trig, or any other higher math.

Obviously that reality interferes with the road to Utopia.
Like Reply