Poll: Do you suffer from tinnitus?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
14.29%
3 14.29%
Yes, mildly
33.33%
7 33.33%
Yes, moderately (it's annoying when I notice)
38.10%
8 38.10%
Yes, badly (it interferes with my daily life)
14.29%
3 14.29%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The tinnitus thread
I have bad tinnitis and major hearing loss to boot. For the most part, the tinnitus never bothers me and I don't think about it.
I've just gotten hearing aids which have decreased the tinnitus dramatically
[-] The following 3 users Like Scuffalufacus's post:
  • ELIAKIM, FlyoverCountry, Rose
Like Reply
(05-01-2021, 11:08 AM)Scuffalufacus Wrote: I have bad tinnitis and major hearing loss to boot. For the most part, the tinnitus never bothers me and I don't think about it.
I've just gotten hearing aids which have decreased the tinnitus dramatically
How much did the cost, if you don't mind saying?

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Scuffalufacus
Like Reply
(04-30-2021, 11:03 PM)Rose Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 10:52 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: When I'm shooting i use noise canceling headphones that have front and rear microphones.   I hear better with them on.  The last few years I've been looking at hearing aids.   They're expensive and insurance considers them cosmetic  Eyeroll
If you have hearing loss, they are supposed to help improve tinnitus, so your insurance should cover them! How can a hearing aid be cosmetic?! Having said that I don't think the NHS in Britain supply hearing aids either - maybe for very rare cases. They are very expensive in the UK.
NHS England and its CCG's (Clinical Commissioning Groups) have sub-contracted the auditory departments to private companies but those private companies are still working for the NHS. When I first had the tinnitus investigated it was with one of those sub-contracted companies and lot of people were complaining about the service because the elderly couldn't understand what the Asian doctors were talking about because they couldn't hear what they were saying in their muffled broken English. 

I think that particular sub-contractor has gone now in our area because I now see a top ENT consultant at a private hospital paid for by the NHS. I think he's wonderful. I think he is Indian, he's always calling out my GP asking why things haven't been sorted out. I see the ENT consultant because sometimes my ears get infected and he does extraction from inside my ears to keep them in the best order that he can. 

Has far as hearing aids are concerned, they are available on the NHS for those that seriously require them. At this point, I don't require any. 

This is from the NHS website. 

If you have an NHS hearing aid, you can get free batteries and repairs from the NHS hearing aid service who fitted your hearing aids.

Ask your audiologist about how to obtain batteries and request servicing and repairs.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/hearing-aids/

I think hearing aids are like glasses they can make the organs lazy if given to people too early on. Another reason why I only wore my glasses for what they were required for, seeing long distance. The rest of the time I didn't wear them to keep the eyes strong and working. 

Improvements in nutrition can ease, lessen and improve the condition that is how I improved mine. Remembering that everything in the body has to be regenerated and the older we get our own bodies don't produce what the body requires to keep it in healthy regeneration like it used to do pre-35-40. Skin (immune system) nervous system and endocrine system are all important for the ears.
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply
Made me vote Rose to buy in. Where is "it's just bugs."

Become one Rose. Then you'll never have to frett ever more.

https://youtu.be/86PvgGy4LeQ
Like Reply
The continuing volatility of the death nell in my ears. Your shoulders now, you had to make me focus on it didn't you Cheer Chuckle
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pipkunts's post:
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
(04-30-2021, 01:10 AM)Rose Wrote: Do any of you suffer from tinnitus? If so, how badly? Please vote in the poll

I found some things yesterday which finally helped mine after weeks of worse than usual noise. I'm going to share them here. Please share what you have tried which worked for you!
Flowing with the essence. I felt your hurt. Sucks being empathetic doesn't it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pipkunts's post:
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
I'll bet you can get a fix on just about anyone within a few seconds.
Like Reply
DANCENANNA 
@Rose,  I have tinnitus but it is due to high blood pressure..  I suspect that many tinnitus sufferers will find that when they hear the whistling sound in their ears, their blood pressure will measure over 150 for systolic pressure.

When I take certain medications and the blood pressure drops to around 130 the tinnitus stops.

Any comments?

Heartflowers
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”

― Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like phxsparks's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Rose
Like Reply
(05-01-2021, 05:03 PM)phxsparks Wrote: @Rose,  I have tinnitus but it is due to high blood pressure..  I suspect that many tinnitus sufferers will find that when they hear the whistling sound in their ears, their blood pressure will measure over 150 for systolic pressure.

When I take certain medications and the blood pressure drops to around 130 the tinnitus stops.

Any comments?

Heartflowers
Mine is from shooting and chainsaws without hearing protection when I was younger. 

My BP runs about 120/70.  That was when Trump was running the show.  Now it's much higher  Chuckle

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Heir, phxsparks, rikster111, Rose, Scuffalufacus
Like Reply
(05-01-2021, 05:06 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 05:03 PM)phxsparks Wrote: @Rose,  I have tinnitus but it is due to high blood pressure..  I suspect that many tinnitus sufferers will find that when they hear the whistling sound in their ears, their blood pressure will measure over 150 for systolic pressure.

Any comments?

Heartflowers
Mine is from shooting and chainsaws without hearing protection when I was younger. 

My BP runs about 120/70.  That was when Trump was running the show.  Now it's much higher  Chuckle

When I was in my 20's, I began wearing hearing protection.  Especially at large musical events with a high sound pressure level.

Every morning when I read the news on line, my blood pressure jumps about 30 - 40%
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”

― Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like phxsparks's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, rikster111
Like Reply