What are IMPOSSIBLE COLORS?
(05-03-2021, 03:34 PM)hurchel Wrote: He is an idiot, he called that clear yellow, yellow ochre, he is a stupid, and he needs to shut up.....

He is prolly colorblind....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochre

Eyeroll

( Chuckle)

Agree. And when did "sciencing" become a term?
[-] The following 3 users Like FritzyRitz's post:
  • Cedar, hurchel, SkyCat
Like Reply
(05-03-2021, 03:48 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: @Rembrandt is the only artist I know.  Maybe he has thoughts

I'll check it out later and maybe weigh in when I get a few minutes.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes ~ Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Rembrandt's post:
  • Cedar, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
I didn't watch the video, but I believe humans can only see in the RGB/256 color spectrum even though there are actually millions of colors. Some even claim there are trillions of colors. However, that's well above my pay grade! Chuckle
☯ * Under the cover of darkness and the silence thereof, I am able to accomplish some of my greatest discoveries of those things hidden. However, those things that hide by the light and noise of the day are far less attainable. Why? Because the light and the noise is a distraction! =cm= ✡
[-] The following 3 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Cedar, FlyoverCountry, Scuffalufacus
Like Reply
I did not watch the video because I know that any video camera records only brightness in red, green, and blue. Then your image viewing system attempts to display them accurately as recorded. The combined effect is to reproduce (poorly) a triangle in the middle of the colors of the "color solid." Any colors outside that triangle are "impossible" in digital photography. Dr Edwin Land showed that humans vision can derive all colors from a scene containing only two actual colors. Our human eyes see only a low resolution color image (in about 2.5 colors) modulated by a higher resolution brightness image. The brain does the rest.
[-] The following 2 users Like PRIME's post:
  • Cedar, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
(05-03-2021, 04:01 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: Off Topic Man strikes again  Chuckle

A groundbreaking study by two University of Rochester psychologists to be published online Oct. 28 by the [i]Journal of Personality and Social Psychology[/i] adds color�literally and figuratively�to the age-old question of what attracts men to women.
Through five psychological experiments, Andrew Elliot, professor of psychology, and Daniela Niesta, post-doctoral researcher, demonstrate that the color red makes men feel more amorous toward women. And men are unaware of the role the color plays in their attraction.
The research provides the first empirical support for society's enduring love affair with red. From the red ochre used in ancient rituals to today's red-light districts and red hearts on Valentine's Day, the rosy hue has been tied to carnal passions and romantic love across cultures and millennia. But this study, said Elliot, is the only work to scientifically document the effects of color on behavior in the context of relationships.

https://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3268

Simply wearing the color red or being bordered by the rosy hue makes a man more attractive and sexually desirable to women, according to a series of studies by researchers at the University of Rochester and other institutions. And women are unaware of this arousing effect.

The cherry color's charm ultimately lies in its ability to make men appear more powerful, says lead author Andrew Elliot, professor of psychology at the University of Rochester. "We found that women view men in red as higher in status, more likely to make money and more likely to climb the social ladder. And it's this high-status judgment that leads to the attraction," Elliot says.

https://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3663

I am trying to think of any red article of clothing, or shoes, that a man could wear that I’d say, “oh that’s hot”.

Maybe a red tie or a red silk pocket square tucked in neatly into a black suit?

Maybe.

1dunno1

Also...

[Image: Pg9Pdhk.jpg]
[Image: HoxDC9H.jpg]

Scream1
[Image: tkRlgbt.png] There has never been a time more important than now to remind those in power that our Constitution does not need to be re-written; it needs to be re-read.-Ron Coleman, Constitutional Attorney
[-] The following 3 users Like Dangerously Nameless's post:
  • =cm=, Cedar, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
When you wish a color was not in the visible range of the human eye...

[Image: Caitlyn-Jenner-2016-Vanity-Fair-Oscar-Pa...ress01.jpg]
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
[-] The following 4 users Like San Azulito's post:
  • Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, FlyoverCountry, Scuffalufacus
Like Reply
<------ Professional Illustrator

It's funny, but it's just a neurological take on color theory.  Not impossible colors since an impossible color would be a tone a human mind is incapable of conceiving.
[Image: XhIy8dz.jpg][Image: OGlXtJa.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like PresidentElectSquirrel's post:
  • Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
(05-03-2021, 03:48 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: @Rembrandt is the only artist I know.  Maybe he has thoughts

Sorry to keep you waiting there, Fly. Just got around to watching the thing. Not much in here I didn't already know but I thought it was odd that he compared light to paint because those two things don't work at all the same way as visible light. He uses paint but he acts like black and white don't exist. Because in paint, black and white isn't light. Back in the day, we were taught in the blah, blah, blah, way, black is the presence of color and white is the absence of color. I considered this bullshit the first time I heard it but that's really kinda what it is.

The problem is, black and white in paint, dangit, just don't operate anything like light does. That's a thing called value. All colors have value. Equal parts of red, blue and yellow make a relatively brown brown. He mixed green and red. Blue and yellow make green. Therefore, the mix of green and red also makes brown. However, black and red makes a completely different brown. A very useful brown if that's what you're looking for.

What would you think gets you a neutral fleshtone? A little dab of red and yellow makes orange. You can't add "light" to that so you add white. And if you want it a little more to the brown side you add....blue. (Yeah, don't seem right, I know but that's how paint colors work)
That's not what's insinuated in the video though as far as the paint part goes though. Not that there's anything inaccurate about how we see color.

An apple appears bright red in the daylight. As the sun sets, the apple gets darker. And darker. Until it's almost black with a rimlight shine on one side from the moon. I can paint all of the stages of the apple without the light ever changing by just using value.

Bottom line is, this cat's evaluation of how human eyesight works is pretty much spot on for the most part as far as rods and cones and properly manicured eyelashes go.

He's just not much up on paint.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes ~ Mark Twain
[-] The following 4 users Like Rembrandt's post:
  • Capslock, Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
Here's a little fun if this gets discussed further.

https://www.flexyourbrain.com/best-optical-illusions/
[-] The following 2 users Like Rembrandt's post:
  • Capslock, Cedar
Like Reply
(05-03-2021, 07:35 PM)=cm= Wrote: I didn't watch the video, but I believe humans can only see in the RGB/256 color spectrum even though there are actually millions of colors. Some even claim there are trillions of colors. However, that's well above my pay grade!  Chuckle

Human eyes can differentiate between millions of hues.  Whether the person themselves can distinguish between the colours is perhaps another matter.  Even though normal human eyes are tri-chromatic, some humans are tetrachromats. (They see even more more colours.)  There is even a "colour IQ test" one can do.  I broke it.  Chuckle
Where there is imbalance I am the counterweight. Beware, for if you are a cause of imbalance you may not enjoy my presence.
[-] The following 2 users Like SkyCat's post:
  • =cm=, Cedar
Like Reply