Saw My 1st Herd of Turtles Today :
(05-04-2021, 05:17 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: Watched a few of his videos.  That dude must eat, sleep and breathe that stuff.  He's obsessed.  It's harmless and cool but he bought land and built ponds for his scaly friends

Nice to have Something to LIVE For !

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 4 users Like Heir's post:
  • Cedar, FlyoverCountry, Hot Nickles, Verity
Like Reply
(05-04-2021, 05:17 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 12:25 PM)Cedar Wrote:
Watched a few of his videos.  That dude must eat, sleep and breathe that stuff.  He's obsessed.  It's harmless and cool but he bought land and built ponds for his scaly friends

I like the wildlife and get it. Who in a semi rural area didn't have a turtle for a minute or two? I do like his channel name. Fish whisperer. Hopefully he has some vids when wildlife goes wrong on you. Sunfish (bass, crappie, bluegill) have an nerve on the tongue that paralyzes them when pressed on. You know what doesn't? Catfish and walleye. I have a couple or three "when fish fight back" stories for another thread.
“Why don’t you start speaking in words instead of your DAMN DIRTY LIES!” – Louise Belcher
[-] The following 3 users Like Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • Cedar, Heir, Verity
Like Reply
A herd of turtles is a new one for me. The other morning I was headed out to turn on some sprinklers, and a toad was in the grass. I musta jumped five feet in the air. Not really scared of toads it just startled me.
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like IDR's post:
  • Cedar, Heir, SlowLoris, Verity
Like Reply
Fishing Sunday the grandkids grabbed a snapper about an inch and a half wide ! Cute little thing ! Grand daughter got a catfish bigger than I have ever gotten ![Image: EYJjAQV.jpg]
1 of 7000 Reserved
[-] The following 6 users Like Wing-ed's post:
  • Cedar, FlyoverCountry, Heir, Pure Rock Fury, SlowLoris, Verity
Like Reply
I hope they all made it across the road!  Heartflowers
That’s My King! —Dr. S.M. Lockridge, Official https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE
[-] The following 3 users Like Verity's post:
  • Cedar, Heir, Wing-ed
Like Reply
(05-04-2021, 09:08 PM)Verity Wrote: I hope they all made it across the road!  Heartflowers

Expect so .

Not much Traffic on this Dead End Gravel off a Dead End Gravel Road . Early tho , so Rush Hour Time !

Had a Neighbor right behind as I headed down to the Postal Post . Watched Him swerve to miss inna rear view .
Hadda pull up the Post Road a bit so He could head the other way to the Hard Road to Town .

So I backed up , and to the Boxes . And MAIL for a change . No Bills !

And I 'm sitting there as another Neighbor comes out headed to Work . Back up the hill and no evidence of Turtleside . Decent Folks around here so far .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 2 users Like Heir's post:
  • Verity, Wing-ed
Like Reply
(05-05-2021, 03:56 AM)Heir Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 09:08 PM)Verity Wrote: I hope they all made it across the road!  Heartflowers

Expect so .

Not much Traffic on this Dead End Gravel off a Dead End Gravel Road . Early tho , so Rush Hour Time !

Had a Neighbor right behind as I headed down to the Postal Post . Watched Him swerve to miss inna rear view .
Hadda pull up the Post Road a bit so He could head the other way to the Hard Road to Town .

So I backed up , and to the Boxes . And MAIL for a change . No Bills !

And I 'm sitting there as another Neighbor comes out headed to Work . Back up the hill and no evidence of Turtleside . Decent Folks around here so far .

Chuckle Glad to hear it!  Heartflowers
That’s My King! —Dr. S.M. Lockridge, Official https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE
[-] The following 2 users Like Verity's post:
  • Heir, Oldcynic
Like Reply