UK border force ‘seizing 100 fake Covid-19 certificates’ every day
A representative of the UK’s immigration service has told MPs that border officials are spotting around 100 fake certificates, which are required as proof of testing negative for Covid-19, every day.

On Tuesday, Lucy Moreton of the Immigration Services Union (ISU), which represents border immigration and customs staff in the UK, told MPs of the practical challenges in implementing the government’s strategy for preventing people with Covid-19 from entering the country.

Moreton said that vaccine certificates were proving “very easy” to forge and that, in many cases, officers simply had no way of checking whether the documents were indeed real. Asked how agents verified the documents, she said “it’s predominantly taken on trust,” adding: “We do get 100 or more a day of fake Covid certificates – that we catch.” 

Moreton said that of the 20,000 people entering the UK every day, most of them were hauliers. 

https://www.rt.com/uk/521608-uk-covid-bo...ents-fake/
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 4 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • John, Kraut, rikster111, Rose
Like Reply
(05-05-2021, 07:16 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: A representative of the UK’s immigration service has told MPs that border officials are spotting around 100 fake certificates, which are required as proof of testing negative for Covid-19, every day.

On Tuesday, Lucy Moreton of the Immigration Services Union (ISU), which represents border immigration and customs staff in the UK, told MPs of the practical challenges in implementing the government’s strategy for preventing people with Covid-19 from entering the country.

Moreton said that vaccine certificates were proving “very easy” to forge and that, in many cases, officers simply had no way of checking whether the documents were indeed real. Asked how agents verified the documents, she said “it’s predominantly taken on trust,” adding: “We do get 100 or more a day of fake Covid certificates – that we catch.” 

Moreton said that of the 20,000 people entering the UK every day, most of them were hauliers. 

Are they really finding lots of fakes or is this part of the narrative for introducing digital certification? I suspect the latter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rose's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 07:53 AM)Rose Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 07:16 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: A representative of the UK’s immigration service has told MPs that border officials are spotting around 100 fake certificates, which are required as proof of testing negative for Covid-19, every day.

Are they really finding lots of fakes or is this part of the narrative for introducing digital certification? I suspect the latter.
I think they are. In some countries you can buy anything on the black market. Last time I was in Athens, people from the middle east were managing to get their hands on papers and passports giving them a new ID, nationality, name etc. So when they arrived in another European country you wouldn't know where they'd really come from.

I met an Iraqi that was telling me about how he didn't mind if his new ID was Italian or French, has long as he could get to Germany to be with his girlfriend that was at University in that country. He even got her on-line and introduced us while we were in the internet cafe, prior to him asking me if he could stay with me in my hotel for the night. 

Then when I came back to the hotel after dinner, there he was in reception with a Palestinian organiser, they were booking in for a room for the night together. 

It wasn't a cheap hotel 100 euros for the night, the receptionist and I raised our eyebrows at each other when we saw the two guys booking in together and gave each other a knowing look. The next day I moved into a cheaper hotel around the corner for 30 euros a night. 

Chuckle
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply