Telephone guy just gave me bad news....
Telephone guy just told me he is gonna tear up 2000 ft of my yard to get a new phone line in....

Phone hasn't worked for 15 years...and I thought they fixed it by switching pairs but now he says has to put a new one in...

My repair the farm summer is going like shit
[-] The following 15 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • bigD111, BirdLady2, Cedar, DaJavoo, FritzyRitz, Goldilocks, John, Kraut, last one, phxsparks, Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, SlowLoris, snowglobe, Stormson
Like Reply
(07-27-2021, 05:15 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: Telephone guy just told me he is gonna tear up 2000 ft of my yard to get a new phone line in....

Phone hasn't worked for 15 years...and I thought they fixed it by switching pairs but now he says has to put a new one in...

Will this help? Chuckle

[Image: ED2cfLV.jpg]
Psalm 109:8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
[-] The following 9 users Like snowglobe's post:
  • BirdLady2, Cedar, FritzyRitz, Karl, PickleSnout, Sassy, SlowLoris, TruthSeeker17, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Why do they have to tear up your land to replace phone lines?
[-] The following 3 users Like FritzyRitz's post:
  • BirdLady2, Karl, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(07-27-2021, 05:15 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: Telephone guy just told me he is gonna tear up 2000 ft of my yard to get a new phone line in....

They'll probably use a direct bury machine, or a vibrating plow machine to install the wire.  The only place they would need to "tear up the yard" would be a small area where the wire comes up at the box on your house, and another small area where it's terminated at the main line.

The only exception would be if they need to cross a ditch or steep gully on the route from the road to the house.

Normally the only sign they've been there is a strip of dead grass 4 to 6 inches wide along the route where the blade on the machine is inserted into the ground. They work exactly like a big sewing machine.
"rednecks, hillbillies and cowboys will save the nation"-  Me 1972

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself"-Grandpa

"We put our faith in maniacs........"  Lemmy

"I'm nobodys slave, nobodys master".......John Kay 1970
[-] The following 6 users Like last one's post:
  • BirdLady2, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, Heir, John, Wingsprint
Like Reply
last one Wrote:
Wingsprint Wrote:Telephone guy just told me he is gonna tear up 2000 ft of my yard to get a new phone line in....

They'll probably use a direct bury machine, or a vibrating plow machine to install the wire.  The only place they would need to "tear up the yard" would be a small area where the wire comes up at the box on your house, and another small area where it's terminated at the main line.

The only exception would be if they need to cross a ditch or steep gully on the route from the road to the house.

Normally the only sign they've been there is a strip of dead grass  4 to 6 inches wide along the route where the blade on the machine is inserted into the ground.  They work exactly like a big sewing machine.
wow.... I hope so...I really am tired and don't need a huge mess cause we don't have all the tools we need to fix that kind of mess..
[-] The following 3 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • BirdLady2, last one, SlowLoris
Like Reply
snowglobe Wrote:
Wingsprint Wrote:Telephone guy just told me he is gonna tear up 2000 ft of my yard to get a new phone line in....

Will this help?  Chuckle

[Image: ED2cfLV.jpg]
Yes ...a little.... Chuckle
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wingsprint's post:
  • snowglobe
Like Reply
I cut the buried phone cable with the roto-tiller about 15 years ago. Then when we dug the ditch deeper alongside the driveway we found more. I called them and told them what happened, they said they would send someone out to repair it. I'm still waiting.
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 2 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • Stormson, Wingsprint
Like Reply

2000 square feet?   Scream1  ...
... Or do you mean a 2000 foot strip to run the line?  (Hoping it's the latter.   Chuckle )
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aquarius's post:
  • BirdLady2
Like Reply
(07-27-2021, 07:04 PM)SlowLoris Wrote: I cut the buried phone cable with the roto-tiller about 15 years ago. Then when we dug the ditch deeper alongside the driveway we found more. I called them and told them what happened, they said they would send someone out to repair it. I'm still waiting.

Dont worry, theyll send someone between 8AM and 5PM. No one knows what day, week, month or year... But they CAN promise itll be between 8AM and 5PM!!!

Chuckle
If you rotten sons of bitches are intent on starting a civil war, in my beloved Old Dominion, then at least do it right.Send bachelors... Bring body bags!

You know, There is a level that things are really stupid. Past that, you reach into the truely insane. After that, you reach the pathological. At SOME point we have to quit trying, and just admit to ourselves that these mother fuckers really ARE, TRUELY, evil.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Stormson's post:
  • Grendelmort, SlowLoris
Like Reply

Honey, if you think THATS bad, you should hear the terrible news that the telephone woman gave me!!!

Apparently, theyve been trying to reach me for some time now, concerning the fact that my new car warranty is JUST ABOUT TO RUN OUT!!!

I had absolutely NO idea! I mean... The damn thing is only 30yrs old for crying out loud! Was brand new just in 1989... How in the world could it possibly have ran out so fast???? Thank God she called me about it!

Chuckle
If you rotten sons of bitches are intent on starting a civil war, in my beloved Old Dominion, then at least do it right.Send bachelors... Bring body bags!

You know, There is a level that things are really stupid. Past that, you reach into the truely insane. After that, you reach the pathological. At SOME point we have to quit trying, and just admit to ourselves that these mother fuckers really ARE, TRUELY, evil.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Stormson's post:
  • SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply