Mystery of family found deceased in Sierra Nat’l Forest
Volcanic gases can be harmful to health, vegetation and infrastructure

[Image: 2TrMSBF.jpg]

Quote:Hydrogen sulfide is a colorless, flammable gas with a strong, offensive odor. It is sometimes referred to as sewer gas. Interestingly, the human nose is more sensitive to H2S than any gas monitoring instrument we have today: air mixtures with as little as 0.000001% H2S are associated with a rotten egg smell. Unfortunately, however, our sense of smell is not a reliable alarm - at mixing ratios above about 0.01%, H2S becomes odorless and very toxic, causing irritation of the upper respiratory tract and, during long exposure, pulmonary edema. Exposure to 500 ppm can cause a human to fall unconscious in 5 minutes and die in an hour or less.

There should be plenty of telltale evidence at autopsy, especially upper respiratory irritation and pulmonary edema...
[Image: MgjFxCr.png][Image: BJLfleI.png]

[-] The following 4 users Like Tom Boy's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, SouthernBelle, Verity
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 09:09 PM)Tom Boy Wrote: Volcanic gases can be harmful to health, vegetation and infrastructure

Quote:Hydrogen sulfide is a colorless, flammable gas with a strong, offensive odor. It is sometimes referred to as sewer gas. Interestingly, the human nose is more sensitive to H2S than any gas monitoring instrument we have today: air mixtures with as little as 0.000001% H2S are associated with a rotten egg smell. Unfortunately, however, our sense of smell is not a reliable alarm - at mixing ratios above about 0.01%, H2S becomes odorless and very toxic, causing irritation of the upper respiratory tract and, during long exposure, pulmonary edema. Exposure to 500 ppm can cause a human to fall unconscious in 5 minutes and die in an hour or less.

There should be plenty of telltale evidence at autopsy, especially upper respiratory irritation and pulmonary edema...

THIS "H2S" is the most plausible theory yet, imho.

Better shut down those hiking trails PERMANENTLY!!
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Image: WGFeykg.png].[Image: 2PtfnxM.jpg]

[Image: 3ekKkMm.jpg]
About the
Tornados
[-] The following 4 users Like SouthernBelle's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, Tom Boy, Verity
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 12:38 PM)Full Throttle Wrote: Has Ellen's phone been located??

Even though it was well known about no
cell service in the area, she still probably 
would have taken it anyway.

The camera, people take pics on hikes like that.
If the phone has not been located yet,
then it may be on the back trail somewhere.

They also had a web page of the many hikes they
had already undertaken, including riding camel's
in the Gobi desert.

These people were well seasoned, and experienced hikers.
This particular hike was even researched out Before they
attempted it.
See my post above yours. Yes, they were very well-seasoned 
hikers.
That’s My King! —Dr. S.M. Lockridge, Official https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE
[-] The following 3 users Like Verity's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, Tom Boy
Like Reply
https://thinkhazard.org/en/report/28886-...ariposa/VA

Mariposa

VolcanoHazard level: High ?

In the area you have selected (Mariposa) volcanic hazard is classified as [b]high[/b] according to the information that is currently available. This means that the selected area is located at less than 50 km from a volcano for which a potentially damaging eruption has been recorded in the past 2,000 years and that future damaging eruptions are possible. Based on this information, [b]the impact of volcanic eruption must be considered in all phases of the project, in particular during project design, implementation and maintenance[/b]. Further detailed information should be obtained to adequately account for the level of risk posed by individual volcanoes.

Climate change impact: Future ice mass loss on volcanoes currently under glaciers could lead to eruptions (IPCC 2013).
Recommendations
  •  EARLY WARNING ACTION: Ensure the project can act on volcanic early warnings. This may involve having a plan in place to mobilize in the event of a warning being received. More information

•  IMPACT: Consider the effect that potentially lethal and destructive volcanic hazards near to the volcano – ballistic projectiles, lava flows, lahars and pyroclastic flows – could have on the planned project. Lahars can impact areas within valleys as far as 100 km from a volcano. Further information should be gained from local volcanic hazard maps, if available. More information

•  REGULATIONS: Check with local authorities for any local regulations concerning volcanic hazards. Ensure that the project conforms to 1) any applicable volcanic hazard land use planning regulations; 2) any existing plans for warning and evacuation; and 3) any national laws, regulations and rules. More information

•  TECHNICAL EXPERTISE: Engage a qualified local or international volcanologist to investigate the volcanic hazards in the project area in more depth. Where possible, establish a relationship with the local volcano observatory/agency. More information

•  IMPACT FAR FROM HAZARD SOURCE: Consider the effects of volcanic ashfall and gases on the project. These hazards are the most far-reaching of the volcanic hazards and can affect areas hundreds or even thousands of kilometers downwind of volcanoes.  More information
That’s My King! —Dr. S.M. Lockridge, Official https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE
[-] The following 3 users Like Verity's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, sevenx, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 10:12 PM)SouthernBelle Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 09:09 PM)Tom Boy Wrote: Volcanic gases can be harmful to health, vegetation and infrastructure

I agree, but wonder if TPTB want to let that kind of information out...  Dutch Sinse would say,  "No.  No, they don't."

wut
[Image: MgjFxCr.png][Image: BJLfleI.png]

[-] The following 2 users Like Tom Boy's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 11:11 PM)Tom Boy Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 10:12 PM)SouthernBelle Wrote:

I agree, but wonder if TPTB want to let that kind of information out...  Dutch Sinse would say,  "No.  No, they don't."

wut

Which would explain the hemming and hawing in finding a plausible explanation to give the public.
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Image: WGFeykg.png].[Image: 2PtfnxM.jpg]

[Image: 3ekKkMm.jpg]
About the
Tornados
[-] The following 3 users Like SouthernBelle's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, Tom Boy, Verity
Like Reply
I hope that if it is ultimately concluded that this was not a case of collective heat stroke (and I believe that it very likely will be) that all the sanctimonious blowhards over at websleuths will take note and reflect well upon their deplorable behavior. Virtually every other post if not more there now about this case has become a platform for the Climate Change agenda.

Anyone disputing this was anything other than heat stroke is quickly shut down and practically shamed in the process. They all just KNOW for a fact this was heat stroke, case closed. The repeated disdainful comments about the parents’ poor planning and virtual accusations of poor parenting are shameful and so disrespectful.

I still suspect murder/suicide but of course do not KNOW this is what happened. I pray that it was not.

I came across websleuths for the first time a couple of years ago at the time of Erin Valenti’s disappearance and death. Then I was impressed with the compassionate and respectful discourse there. No more; something has clearly changed. I have never seen such a collection of know-it-all asshats as that site now boasts. And yes, based on the “climate change” mantra, they are clearly mostly liberals.
[-] The following 6 users Like Verity's post:
  • nightcometh, Sami aka Roxi, sevenx, SlowLoris, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 08:20 PM)nightcometh Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 02:00 PM)SouthernBelle Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 07:09 PM)nightcometh Wrote: h2s gas is heavier than air (i.e. pools in low spots) and has a familiar rotten egg smell that may be disregarded as innocuous 
then it disables your sense of smell so you don't vacate the area

plus at higher concentrations this gas simply knocks you down to die, no diarrhea/vomiting/struggling like tainted water/food (as was the case here)

then the next stiff breeze disperses the pool, leaving no clues

700-1000 ppm h2s
Rapid unconsciousness, "knockdown" or immediate collapse within 1 to 2 breaths, breathing stops, death within minutes.

sorry
dog down, within seconds baby down, dad sends wife for help while he tends the sick and slumps down,
wife makes it a little ways but not far enough and succumbs as well

Sorry to be so thick, but, what is "h2s gas"??

Popnana
 hydrogen sulfide gas
a naturally occurring gas, usually found around natural gas and oil deposits (at least that is where i learned about it in the oil & gas field)
whenever you here the term 'sour gas', they mean high h2s in the gas

Leaking earthquake fault? Precursor to a volcano?

I think I saw that movie!
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 5 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • nightcometh, Sami aka Roxi, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy, Verity
Like Reply
@Verity  The webslueth peeps are gonna have to eat some crow.
After my own analysis of heat stroke, I did a search on the topic.

Suffice it to say that the body, internally, has very tell tale signs.

The coroner should have called it right away, since it was not, then
we have to assume it was something else completely.

Popnana while we wait on Tox, and Necro reports. Popnana

Both of which are now overdue. 1dunno1
[Image: OSkfFK7.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like Full Throttle's post:
  • nightcometh, Sami aka Roxi, Scuffalufacus, sevenx, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy, Verity
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 04:49 AM)Full Throttle Wrote: @Verity  The webslueth peeps are gonna have to eat some crow.
After my own analysis of heat stroke, I did a search on the topic.

Suffice it to say that the body, internally, has very tell tale signs.

The coroner should have called it right away, since it was not, then
we have to assume it was something else completely.

Popnana while we wait on Tox, and Necro reports. Popnana

Both of which are now overdue. 1dunno1
Thank you for sharing your findings, @Full Throttle. Especially good to know as I have come across a couple of claims now (nothing official or confirmed, just more comments (not on ws)) that heat stroke is elusive when it comes to post-mortems.

I believe the new sheriff may be in over his head. If that is the case he hopefully possesses or can find the humility to defer to those more capable. But as the clock continues to run, there is significant room for doubt in this regard.
[-] The following 4 users Like Verity's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, Scuffalufacus, SlowLoris, Tom Boy
Like Reply