La Palma mega tsunami
I find this story, sort of, unbelievable. IF? There were such a quake/eruption, I just don’t believe that it would create a tsunami big enough to wipe out the eastern seaboard. I’m not saying that it’s ot possible but the island seems too small to generate that kind of a wave. Now, the ocean floor beneath it gave way, a very large piece of floor mind you, then I could see the likelihood. I’m just skeptical. 
Also, could a wave like that relocate the Sargasso Sea? 1dunno1
[-] The following 2 users Like Max the Nine's post:
  • SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
I am 620' above sea level.
[-] The following 5 users Like Goldilocks's post:
  • BirdLady2, Danno512, MysticPizza, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
It's been a thread on pol for awhile, couple few days. I'm probably going to be fine, besides the disease and looting, looks like Texas coast is toast, if it even happens. There's a reactor down there, but it's old and low on energy anyway. This volcano event is looking like dunno 1/3 to 1/2 yellow stone energy at most. There was someone here who watched CME and magnetosphere stuff alot and how it ties to magma movement and energy retention. I'm no seismic guy, just saw the thread was still going on 4 chan and no one had yet mentioned it here, mebbe y'all knew and didn't care, or mebbe hadn't heard about it yet.  

Here's a link to the thread. Don't talk to anons.

https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/339416742
[-] The following 4 users Like Danno512's post:
  • BirdLady2, Goldilocks, PickleSnout, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(09-16-2021, 02:51 PM)Danno512 Wrote: It's been a thread on pol for awhile, couple few days. I'm probably going to be fine, besides the disease and looting, looks like Texas coast is toast, if it even happens. There's a reactor down there, but it's old and low on energy anyway. This volcano event is looking like dunno 1/3 to 1/2 yellow stone energy at most. There was someone here who watched CME and magnetosphere stuff alot and how it ties to magma movement and energy retention. I'm no seismic guy, just saw the thread was still going on 4 chan and no one had yet mentioned it here, mebbe y'all knew and didn't care, or mebbe hadn't heard about it yet.  

Here's a link to the thread. Don't talk to anons.

https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/339416742

thanks for the link!
[-] The following 2 users Like Goldilocks's post:
  • Danno512, Wingsprint
Like Reply
I just watched a prophetic word from Spirit Move Ministries in which Liberty had a dream that Florida was soon to be inundated by a huge ocean wave. She has been pretty right on with a lot of her prophecies.
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like IDR's post:
  • Aquarius, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(09-16-2021, 01:50 PM)PickleSnout Wrote: When I checked the simulations, the local waves were in the 1000 to 2000 foot range for the underwater slide, but that greatly reduced as it traveled the ocean to land on the east coast. By then it might be anywhere from 20 to max 100 feet, with 30 feet being most likely.
The comfort factor being not skyscraper high, just small building high...if you can call that a comfort.
Good that we will see it coming well ahead of time.
Bad will be traffic jams.
Its all about physics and fluid dynamics. Water (a liquid) cannot be compressed, therefore it has to move if acted upon by an outside source such as a flex fault from an EQ, an asteroid or several cubic miles of earth sliding into the sea.
Fluids seek their own balance and level. That is why flooding from Hurricaine and storms take time to drain away during flooding events.
When massive amounts of water moves it is very destructive (think of a dam breaking). When water moves in a large body it moves in a wave and if it's deep enough it may only ripple the surface but as it speeds into shallower and shallower water it builds into a massive wave because the energy has no where to go except to push the water vertically (the wave).
Hopefully this makes sense......
Gunpowder smoke behind the Dogwood trees
[-] The following 6 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Aquarius, BirdLady2, Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-16-2021, 07:51 PM)Grendelmort Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 01:50 PM)PickleSnout Wrote: When I checked the simulations, the local waves were in the 1000 to 2000 foot range for the underwater slide, but that greatly reduced as it traveled the ocean to land on the east coast. By then it might be anywhere from 20 to max 100 feet, with 30 feet being most likely.
The comfort factor being not skyscraper high, just small building high...if you can call that a comfort.
Good that we will see it coming well ahead of time.
Bad will be traffic jams.
Its all about physics and fluid dynamics. Water (a liquid) cannot be compressed, therefore it has to move if acted upon by an outside source such as a flex fault from an EQ, an asteroid or several cubic miles of earth sliding into the sea.
Fluids seek their own balance and level. That is why flooding from Hurricaine and storms take time to drain away during flooding events.
When massive amounts of water moves it is very destructive (think of a dam breaking). When water moves in a large body it moves in a wave and if it's deep enough it may only ripple the surface but as it speeds into shallower and shallower water it builds into a massive wave because the energy has no where to go except to push the water vertically (the wave).
Hopefully this makes sense......
They can also travel at speeds up to 500 MPH, crossing an ocean in a day or less.
[-] The following 7 users Like Godless_Patriot's post:
  • Aquarius, BirdLady2, Heir, Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-16-2021, 02:04 PM)Max the Nine Wrote: I find this story, sort of, unbelievable. IF? There were such a quake/eruption, I just don’t believe that it would create a tsunami big enough to wipe out the eastern seaboard. I’m not saying that it’s ot possible but the island seems too small to generate that kind of a wave. Now, the ocean floor beneath it gave way, a very large piece of floor mind you, then I could see the likelihood. I’m just skeptical. 
Also, could a wave like that relocate the Sargasso Sea? 1dunno1

I think when they run those models to see how far and high the waves propagate from some assumed chunk of rock falling into the ocean at an assumed velocity. They also ignore general ocean currents that would work to dissipate the energy of most waves traveling perpendicular to the current's direction. 

It's just a model, like someone might do in a computer game with a whole ton of assumptions applied.
[-] The following 6 users Like Registeered's post:
  • Aquarius, Heir, MysticPizza, Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, SlowLoris
Like Reply
I wonder how that wave would effect western Massachusetts
[-] The following 4 users Like tacoavenger17's post:
  • Aquarius, Sami aka Roxi, Sassy, SlowLoris
Like Reply
But, But The Sargasso Sea. All those poor turtles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Max the Nine's post:
  • Sassy, SlowLoris
Like Reply