The Bunny Thread
(Today, 11:04 AM)SouthernBelle Wrote:
(Today, 08:54 AM)Heir Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:39 PM)SouthernBelle Wrote: @Heir it IS your responsibility to check on her for sure, and to give them contact
means (phone numbers,etc.) but having worked in an ICU for over 5 years, in
administration, I can tell you THEY dropped the ball.  They should have known
this stuff and no one should EVER give out info on a deceased patient over the phone,
including that they ARE deceased. That is a "standard rule".

They have blown it on several issues.  "More flies with honey..." yes but still ask for them to play
ball YOUR way.  You mentioned she takes heart meds... they should have them readily available
and be giving them to her.  The fact that you don't know tells me the care team is not updating you. 
THAT IS THEIR JOB.

As for wiping butts, etc., again THAT IS THEIR JOB.  And they get paid VERY WELL
to do just that.

The Head Nurse is the best person to talk to as she will be tied into her Care Team as well.

Hugs

Thank You for Your Insight @SouthernBelle . The Saint Louis Hospital let Brother and I know when Mom Passed .

? ? ? ? ? Standard Rule .

That was the standard when I worked in Neonatal ICU in the 1990's.  You simply tell the family there's been a change in condition and they need to come to the Hospital.  Part of the reason was to be certain the next of kin had been notified and witnessed it. 

In the case of the elderly where death is expected due to a medical condition, if the next of kin were to ask if their loved one had passed it is not uncouth to affirm over the phone.  But only in cases such as the elderly.

Not only did I work in the NICU, but sat on the Nursing Ethics Committee.  At that time we were also highly rated by JCHAO, now known as the"Joint Commission" which sets best practice standards across the country, for Hospitals.

I helped to prepare Nursing Standards of Care documents which were evaluated during the three-day Accreditation renewal process, which I witnessed.  In the end we retained the prestigious "Gold Seal of Approval".  So I can only comment on standard procedure by this previous history.

I'm glad you are getting things straighted out.

Now I gotta KNOW I misconstrued this whole damn thing .

Sure glad I don 't know the Young Lady 's Name and Owe a Personal Apology for spreading this story to the entire World . Slap

Facepalm

( I 'm probably the One that belongs in Hospital . . . Something like Belview Sanitarium . )

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 4 users Like Heir's post:
  • hurchel, SlowLoris, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
(Today, 11:47 AM)Heir Wrote:
(Today, 11:04 AM)SouthernBelle Wrote:
(Today, 08:54 AM)Heir Wrote: Thank You for Your Insight @SouthernBelle . The Saint Louis Hospital let Brother and I know when Mom Passed .

? ? ? ? ? Standard Rule .

That was the standard when I worked in Neonatal ICU in the 1990's.  You simply tell the family there's been a change in condition and they need to come to the Hospital.  Part of the reason was to be certain the next of kin had been notified and witnessed it. 

In the case of the elderly where death is expected due to a medical condition, if the next of kin were to ask if their loved one had passed it is not uncouth to affirm over the phone.  But only in cases such as the elderly.

Not only did I work in the NICU, but sat on the Nursing Ethics Committee.  At that time we were also highly rated by JCHAO, now known as the"Joint Commission" which sets best practice standards across the country, for Hospitals.

I helped to prepare Nursing Standards of Care documents which were evaluated during the three-day Accreditation renewal process, which I witnessed.  In the end we retained the prestigious "Gold Seal of Approval".  So I can only comment on standard procedure by this previous history.

I'm glad you are getting things straighted out.

Now I gotta KNOW I misconstrued this whole damn thing .

Sure glad I don 't know the Young Lady 's Name and Owe a Personal Apology for spreading this story to the entire World .  Slap

Facepalm

( I 'm probably the One that belongs in Hospital . . . Something like Belview Sanitarium . )

@Heir,

This thread needs to slide into oblivion.

Many truisms, among the top of the list is that virtual friendships are just as supportive as in the real world.  And, perhaps something that should be ingrained in CT'ers:  Check the facts.

We are overjoyed that your Missus is alive and recovering.

Please, start another thread, if needed.

Heartflowers
[Image: LnNDwC8.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Heir, Hero Protagonist, hurchel, Sassy, sevenx, Tom Boy