90yo Captain Kirk Rockets Into SPACE Today 10AM
Warp speed, Scottie!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/10...ace-today/

Quote:Star Trek actor William Shatner and three others will be rocketed into space today on a Jeff Bezos rocket.
Quote:Blue Origin’s New Shepard rocket will lift off from Texas on Wednesday morning, bringing Star Trek actor William Shatner and three others into space.
This will be the second launch Blue Origin, a company created by Jeff Bezos will undertake and the weather is expected to be in the rocket’s favor. The original launch was scheduled for Tuesday but was delayed one day due to forecasted winds.
Blue Origin’s launch from Houston will be live-streamed on YouTube on PBS News Hour’s channel and the launch is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. local time, which is 10 a.m. ET. It can also be streamed on Space.com and Blue Origin’s YouTube channel. Blue Origin encouraged those interested in the launch to follow its Twitter page for updates on the launch.
Here is the live feed of today’s event:
https://youtu.be/SNI2x1NQYwM
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • Dangerously Nameless, Sassy
Like Reply
For the first time ever or just since the last time he’s been on the movie set of the Star Trek?   Chuckle

Or what distraction do the demoncrats need?
Like Reply
I hope Mr. Shatner and his crewmates enjoy this trip.

My only gripe is the misleading connotations of these journeys. Blue Origin sends nobody to "space".
Space begins 5 times further out than this orbital mission is going.
Describing these flights as "suborbital space" missions is oxymoronic hype.

[Image: rer.jpg]
[-] The following 9 users Like Treebeard's post:
  • DaJavoo, Dangerously Nameless, hurchel, IDR, nightcometh, Oldcynic, PaigeofTimes, PickleSnout, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 10:38 AM)Treebeard Wrote: I hope Mr. Shatner and his crewmates enjoy this trip.

My only gripe is the misleading connotations of these journeys. Blue Origin sends nobody to "space".

Man @Treebeard, I thought I was cynical.  You take all the excitement out of this mission, however, you are correct.  They got far enough up to experience weightlessness anyhow.

They did not even orbit the Earth, just a giant phallus ejaculating into near space. Yeah3

All things considered, I would have enjoyed the flight and the sights from above.
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 5 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • DaJavoo, Dangerously Nameless, IDR, Sassy, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
Baby steps.
But I do love me some star trek and it is fitting Captain Kirk be one of the first to go higher than most of us.
Being science minded...yeah that wasn't a "space" flight for me. Hey, it's on the way, so I'll take it.
Glad everyone is ok.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 5 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • Dangerously Nameless, Oldcynic, PaigeofTimes, Sassy, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
I want to go up just so they can interview me after.  

"It was pretty disappointing, actually "
Chuckle

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Dangerously Nameless, IDR, nightcometh, Oldcynic, PaigeofTimes, Sassy, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
Did he say "Beam Me Up Scottie" ?
[Image: w6haJ09.png]Adopt a Kruger. Ask DaJavoo!

Please Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse!

Search Q posts-  https://qagg.news/

We never know how high we are, till we are called to rise. And then, if we are true to plan our statures touch the skies. Emily Dickinson
[-] The following 2 users Like Sassy's post:
  • Dangerously Nameless, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 05:02 PM)Sassy Wrote: Did he say "Beam Me Up Scottie" ?
No....he cried.  He had his "spontaneous response " well scripted before he went

I'm so jaded.  Facepalm

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Dangerously Nameless, IDR, nightcometh, Oldcynic, Sassy
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 12:48 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 10:38 AM)Treebeard Wrote: I hope Mr. Shatner and his crewmates enjoy this trip.

Man @Treebeard, I thought I was cynical.  You take all the excitement out of this mission, however, you are correct.  They got far enough up to experience weightlessness anyhow.

They did not even orbit the Earth, just a giant phallus ejaculating into near space. Yeah3

All things considered, I would have enjoyed the flight and the sights from above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYSOmYyNHpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQqMW8nqCQY
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • IDR, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(10-13-2021, 04:58 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: I want to go up just so they can interview me after.  

"It was pretty disappointing, actually "
Chuckle

Chuckle
That's what I said the first time I went skydiving.

I was thinking it would be the ultimate tickle sensation...like the one you get when you're in a small plane and you drop...for just a second you get that weightlessness or when you're driving and there's a dip in the road...like the road to the sand dunes in Arizona.
I love that feeling!

But it was not to be...just a lot of air in your face and then a slow float back down to earth.

I would like to see the earth from that high up though...the quiet stillness, the glow of the earth bouncing off the darkness of space, the smell of ozone. That would be a neat thing.

I'm glad the Captain got to go and that he came back safely.
Heartflowers
[Image: tkRlgbt.png] There has never been a time more important than now to remind those in power that our Constitution does not need to be re-written; it needs to be re-read.-Ron Coleman, Constitutional Attorney
[-] The following 3 users Like Dangerously Nameless's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, nightcometh, Oldcynic
Like Reply