Happy Birthday NAVY.
(10-13-2021, 08:39 PM)Arkan_Ted Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 05:01 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 02:58 PM)sevenx Wrote: lol for a second I was like who the heck is Navy?

Chuckle
Heartflowers  Heartflowers
It's a Yacht Club  Chuckle
Hey, it is. Strip clubs and all that. We go out to sea and it's party-ville all the way.

Yeah, there were some tough times/incidents along the way. But I got to visit places and do things most can only dream of.
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like RedAuroras's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, DaJavoo, sevenx
Like Reply
I thought I'd posted this yesterday but I guess I forgot to hit reply!  1dunno1  I love these pics.
My Dad and his 2 brothers were in the South Pacific theatre during WWII. Praise the Lord they all made it home. 

[Image: ccCjGnf.jpg]  
[Image: 4uBg6h7.jpg]
[Image: w6haJ09.png]Adopt a Kruger. Ask DaJavoo!

Please Pray for Kyle Rittenhouse!

Search Q posts-  https://qagg.news/

We never know how high we are, till we are called to rise. And then, if we are true to plan our statures touch the skies. Emily Dickinson
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sassy's post:
  • DaJavoo
Like Reply
(10-14-2021, 09:24 AM)RedAuroras Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 05:01 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: It's a Yacht Club  Chuckle
Hey, it is. Strip clubs and all that. We go out to sea and it's party-ville all the way.

Yeah, there were some tough times/incidents along the way. But I got to visit places and do things most can only dream of.

It's so funny, my fiance was in the Navy; so now he absolutely refuses to go on a cruise. Says he spent enough time on a boat, lol.
I'm trying to talk him into it....it's much different when people are waiting on you! Chuckle
[Image: vcTnVkw.png] 
[-] The following 3 users Like sevenx's post:
  • =42, RedAuroras, Sassy
Like Reply
(10-14-2021, 11:33 AM)sevenx Wrote: It's so funny, my fiance was in the Navy; so now he absolutely refuses to go on a cruise.  Says he spent enough time on a boat, lol.
I'm trying to talk him into it....it's much different when people are waiting on you!  Chuckle

We used to mess with the newbies.  3 of us would sit on a bench and start rocking SxS just as a fortitude check. Most did fine but a few turned green.
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like RedAuroras's post:
  • Sassy, sevenx
Like Reply
(10-14-2021, 09:24 AM)RedAuroras Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 05:01 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: It's a Yacht Club  Chuckle

True. I've been from the north pole to the south and all in-between. I was joking. Do you miss being on the deep? I do. I don't miss drug and humanitarian interdictions but, I miss the deep. The deep is overwhelming. One person make a critical mistake and we all die.   I was small boys, 22 ppl det fwd deployed. FFG's mostly. We were fleet whores.

I think I have stated this before, during one op they placed us in a shit hole berthing that only had one escape route. That's a fail there. They gave us dual OBA's though. We and the Russians were playing games in the South Atlantic. The whales were mating and singing. We and the Russians stopped to enjoy for two days.  At the start, I remember being dog tired during the bingo back to the boat. We were eating those little white pills they gave us to stay awake and alert. The freaking RAST system jaws got stuck and we had to lauder for 18 mins or so. Tired. We had thrown out 216 sonobuoy's  in four days. We end up trading hats with those muckers. For those that don't understand, we cast our hats in their direction into the sea. It's a big respect thing. Keeping the helo's operational, engaged in flight op's and what making the Skipper happy I was strung out. I 'll never forget how good that 1 minute shower felt and six hours in the rack going to sleep to whales. I was fairly young still. West Africa brought on the nightmares still today. When I look back on this particular moment....I call myself a puss. I was young and had not done the horrible yet. It was still an adventure. It was a good time in life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arkan_Ted's post:
  • RedAuroras
Like Reply
Red, my call sign is Shib.
Like Reply