Kyle Rittenhouse Trial
(11-02-2021, 04:28 PM)Munchaab Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 04:26 PM)Thedudeabides Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 03:31 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote: The video that Talon posted shows all three 'men' stalking Rittenhouse down the street to the used car lot as he's shouting around to see if anyone needs medical help.

Perp #1, the early release convicted child rapist, corners Rittenhouse in the car lot and attempts to take the rifle away from him during a physical assault. Just before that, someone shot a sidearm off nearby and someone threw something that was on fire in the parking lot.

Rittenhouse goes to look for the conspicuously absent police to turn himself in. As he's doing so, he trips and falls in the middle of the street.

Perp #2, the convicted burglar, assaults Rittenhouse with a skateboard and is shot right after.

Perp #3, the convicted domestic abuser, sticks an illegally carried firearm in Rittenhouse's face and gets shot in the arm.

Rittenhouse then proceeds to finish his self imposed quest of finding a police officer to turn himself in. The police are only mildly interested, for some unfathomable reason, and tell him to go home and they'll contact him later.

Police stand down orders to ensure maximum chaos and property damage?
Why does the prosecutor keep saying he was illegally carrying a firearm. I thought the law was clear there that you can carry openly. Which he was doing. Only law on the books regarding Rittenhouse is purchase of a firearm, which he did not do.

He was only 17...  And crossed stae lines with the gun... No permission to take the gun...

That's my understanding...
The witness stand just stated it belonged to black. The friend of Rittenhouse. The gun never crossed states lines.

Also all evidence is pointing to Rittenhouse having rendered aide to multiple injured individuals throughout the night. He was also 100% invited to defend the private property of the car dealership owners. Along with a small group. Some of whom were stationed atop the rooftops of the establishment.

Honestly, after watching that video above. It looks like they were stalking Rittenhouse to kill him. He, thankfully, just had better training and situational awareness.

Let us hope the jury isn't rigged against this innocent young man.
[-] The following 10 users Like Thedudeabides's post:
  • Aquarius, BirdLady2, Dangerously Nameless, Heir, Karl, Karu, Munchaab, Sami aka Roxi, Tom Boy, TruthSeeker17
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 04:34 PM)Thedudeabides Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 04:26 PM)Thedudeabides Wrote: Why does the prosecutor keep saying he was illegally carrying a firearm. I thought the law was clear there that you can carry openly. Which he was doing. Only law on the books regarding Rittenhouse is purchase of a firearm, which he did not do.

He was only 17...  And crossed stae lines with the gun... No permission to take the gun...

The witness stand just stated it belonged to black. The friend of Rittenhouse. The gun never crossed states lines.

Ah, Black lived in state - I missed that - Black is facing felony charges for providing the gun (he bought it with Kyles money - agreed Kyle would only own it when 18) after this trial is done...

In that state, is it legal for a 17 yo to carry a FA if the don't own it? If so he shouldn't even face that charge...
I do not know everything, I know just enough to know that I know nothing - which is just a little more than those who think they know anything!

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like Munchaab's post:
  • Aquarius, BirdLady2, Dangerously Nameless, Karu, Sami aka Roxi, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 04:26 PM)Thedudeabides Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 03:31 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote: The video that Talon posted shows all three 'men' stalking Rittenhouse down the street to the used car lot as he's shouting around to see if anyone needs medical help.

Perp #1, the early release convicted child rapist, corners Rittenhouse in the car lot and attempts to take the rifle away from him during a physical assault. Just before that, someone shot a sidearm off nearby and someone threw something that was on fire in the parking lot.

Rittenhouse goes to look for the conspicuously absent police to turn himself in. As he's doing so, he trips and falls in the middle of the street.

Perp #2, the convicted burglar, assaults Rittenhouse with a skateboard and is shot right after.

Perp #3, the convicted domestic abuser, sticks an illegally carried firearm in Rittenhouse's face and gets shot in the arm.

Rittenhouse then proceeds to finish his self imposed quest of finding a police officer to turn himself in. The police are only mildly interested, for some unfathomable reason, and tell him to go home and they'll contact him later.

Police stand down orders to ensure maximum chaos and property damage?
Why does the prosecutor keep saying he was illegally carrying a firearm. I thought the law was clear there that you can carry openly. Which he was doing. Only law on the books regarding Rittenhouse is purchase of a firearm, which he did not do.

He didn't cross state lines with it.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/...0to%20note.

Self-Defense At Center Of Rittenhouse Trial
BTF literary corner.

A place for the written word in all of its magnificent forms.
[-] The following 9 users Like Angry_Red_Man's post:
  • Aquarius, BirdLady2, Dangerously Nameless, Karl, Karu, Munchaab, Sami aka Roxi, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 04:39 PM)Munchaab Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 04:28 PM)Munchaab Wrote: He was only 17...  And crossed stae lines with the gun... No permission to take the gun...

Ah, Black lived in state - I missed that - Black is facing felony charges for providing the gun (he bought it with Kyles money - agreed Kyle would only own it when 18) after this trial is done...

In that state, is it legal for a 17 yo to carry a FA if the don't own it? If so he shouldn't even face that charge...

Technically...

Yes and no.

They can legally carry, but only for 'hunting' purposes, at age 17.
BTF literary corner.

• Aquarius, Dangerously Nameless, Heir, Karu, Munchaab, Sami aka Roxi, Scuffalufacus, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 04:58 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 04:34 PM)Thedudeabides Wrote: The witness stand just stated it belonged to black. The friend of Rittenhouse. The gun never crossed states lines.

Technically...

Yes and no.

Thanks, saw that in your link also...

He's fucked on that then, but looks self defence from what I've seen...
I do not know everything, I know just enough to know that I know nothing - which is just a little more than those who think they know anything!

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Munchaab's post:
  • BirdLady2, hurchel, Karl, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 04:26 PM)Thedudeabides Wrote: Why does the prosecutor keep saying he was illegally carrying a firearm. I thought the law was clear there that you can carry openly. Which he was doing. Only law on the books regarding Rittenhouse is purchase of a firearm, which he did not do.

Also all evidence is pointing to Rittenhouse having rendered aide to multiple injured individuals throughout the night. He was also 100% invited to defend the private property of the car dealership owners. Along with a small group. Some of whom were stationed atop the rooftops of the establishment.

Honestly, after watching that video above. It looks like they were stalking Rittenhouse to kill him. He, thankfully, just had better training and situational awareness.

Let us hope the jury isn't rigged against this innocent young man.

Correction: #2 was the domestic abuser who likes to choke women and #3 was the guy who liked to break into other's houses.

It's been so long since this started that I got my convicted felons mixed up.

There was video of Rittenhouse and a few others using fire extinguishers to put out a fire in a dumpster that the three perps were attempting to wheel into a gas station earlier that evening.

That's where the grudge came from. Rittenhouse and friends blocked the mob's attempted property destruction. IMO, that is why they stalked him down to the used car lot where he was invited by the owners to help protect the place.
BTF literary corner.

[-] The following 12 users Like Angry_Red_Man's post:
  • Aquarius, BirdLady2, Dangerously Nameless, FlyoverCountry, Heir, HomelessPatriot, hurchel, Karl, SouthernBelle, Thedudeabides, Tom Boy, TruthSeeker17
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 05:03 PM)Munchaab Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 04:39 PM)Munchaab Wrote: Ah, Black lived in state - I missed that - Black is facing felony charges for providing the gun (he bought it with Kyles money - agreed Kyle would only own it when 18) after this trial is done...

Technically...

Yes and no.

Thanks, saw that in your link also...

He's fucked on that then, but looks self defence from what I've seen...

Maybe.

It becomes a referendum on self defense at this point.

If the defense attorney can prove malicious intent by the 3 Dumbigos... Rittenhouse might be able to skate with probation on the 'illegal carry' charge.

That depends on the jury and if they decide to acquit or even nullify.
BTF literary corner.

• Aquarius, BirdLady2, Dangerously Nameless, Heir, HomelessPatriot, Karl, Munchaab, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 04:34 PM)Thedudeabides Wrote: The witness stand just stated it belonged to black. The friend of Rittenhouse. The gun never crossed states lines.

Technically...

Yes and no.

He is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
[-] The following 6 users Like Scuffalufacus's post:
  • Aquarius, Dangerously Nameless, Heir, SouthernBelle, Thedudeabides, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 05:10 PM)Scuffalufacus Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 04:39 PM)Munchaab Wrote: Ah, Black lived in state - I missed that - Black is facing felony charges for providing the gun (he bought it with Kyles money - agreed Kyle would only own it when 18) after this trial is done...

Technically...

Yes and no.

He is only guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

Class A Misdemeanor
9 months in jail
$10,000

https://www.grievelaw.com/Penalties/Wisc...isdemeanor

IMO, that's the one that will stick. It's the only 'legit' charge.

He'll get acquitted on the rest depending on how the jury was stacked by the prosecutor and the state.
BTF literary corner.

[-] The following 7 users Like Angry_Red_Man's post:
  • Aquarius, Dangerously Nameless, Karl, Munchaab, Scuffalufacus, SouthernBelle, Tom Boy
Like Reply
(11-02-2021, 05:14 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 05:10 PM)Scuffalufacus Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 04:58 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote: Technically...

Yes and no.

He is only guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

Class A Misdemeanor
9 months in jail
$10,000

https://www.grievelaw.com/Penalties/Wisc...isdemeanor

IMO, that's the one that will stick. It's the only 'legit' charge.

He'll get acquitted on the rest depending on how the jury was stacked by the prosecutor and the state.

Agreed. I don't think it's going to be an extreme sentence myself. Even so, it could be much worse....
[-] The following 5 users Like Scuffalufacus's post:
  • Aquarius, Dangerously Nameless, Karl, rikster111, Tom Boy
Like Reply