Beyond the Fringe Dog Thread
(01-22-2023, 07:15 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: Giardia is not a worm, bacteria, or virus. It is an intestinal infection in humans and animals caused by a microscopic protozoan parasite.
https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/giardia-in-dogs

@hannah now you can put up your meme on Giardia. 

Chuckle

Ask and you shall receive. Wink

[Image: 9LuDlPl.jpg]
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE."
[-] The following 2 users Like hannah's post:
  • ELIAKIM, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply

Sow and tell? Pigs do NOT try to show interesting things to humans – but dogs do, study finds
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/...finds.html

One of my dogs nails on the inside of his paw was getting long, so he chewed the end of it off. He won't let me near his nails to clip them, he says, no, I will do it myself.  Chuckle
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
My companion and I caught another small dog today that got out in front of an on-coming car, we keep on rescuing dogs that keep on getting out of their homes. When I was a child I did learn that it's not a good idea to live close to a main road with a dog. Our standard black poodle got out twice and got run over twice, so we had to give him away to people that lived in the countryside and not on a main road. 

It's a doggy day today, we are going to a different grooming parlour to see how my soul mate gets on with a different crew. I think for the first time meeting them, a wash and brush up with just a trim to smarten him up would be great. Then he can be shorn in the Spring when the weather is a lot warmer. 

Then this evening we have dog class again. He's looking forward to it. Has soon has I mention his bestie's name from dog class, he knows it is dog class day. 

Heartflowers

Yesterday we had a 13 week puppy come to visit, that was funny, my dog kept on kissing him, but refused to play. However, the confident singleton puppy wasn't giving up, just kept on teasing my dog to play with him until he relented and did so. The puppy certainly has an attitude and he is going to be a yapper unless that is nipped in the bud. I didn't put up with any yapping from my dog when he was a puppy. I soon showed him that wasn't acceptable behaviour.  Chuckle 

[Image: 22months.jpg]
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply

If society fell apart, we - the people would build a new one. Most people are good at their core, and when we see things that are wrong we work to fix them together. Make friends with your neighbors, get involved with your community - because we will rebuild our lives, our communities, from horrible circumstances we always will.
[-] The following 2 users Like Karu's post:
Like Reply
Puppies can ascertain a persons intentions by what they do with treats. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/...ge-it.html

I'd say they can ascertain that without the treats. 

A dog usually knows when a person is kind and who is not, they can see auric fields too.
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
[Image: dog-chess-set-apply-job-unqualified-get.jpg?w=515&ssl=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
Like Reply
(01-26-2023, 11:43 AM)counterintelligence Wrote: [Image: dog-chess-set-apply-job-unqualified-get.jpg?w=515&ssl=1]
Chuckle 

My dog had a great time at the new parlour yesterday, he looks all fluffy and smells wonderful, although he looks fat. Don't know what they did to his coat, it looks like a fluffy Russian hat. He's on a diet and getting one meal instead of two a day. No treats unless we are training. He cries every evening to do training so he will get some treats. He's crafty but adorable with it.
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
Well I thought we'd go to the dog park today so that he can have a run off the leash for some extra exercise before I let him loose on the open field, fingers crossed that the recent weather has killed off all of the giardia in the environment. It was still very muddy but the dogs loved it. We didn't stay a long time because there was a scrap. A lady arrived with a schnauzer puppy, and said that his bark was worst than his bite. Has she came in through the gate I was going out to offload a bag of poop. So my back was turned when the scrap started. Has I came back through the gate, the poor pup was being attacked viciously by one of the mongrels, has soon has they could get the dogs off the pup the lady and the pup left. 

It all happened so quickly, all she did was walk into the dog park and had to leave has quickly has she arrived. 

The owner of the mongrel didn't appear to have any remorse about the behaviour of her dog but she did put it on the lead. 

My dog stayed away from the scrap and wondered what was going on. 

We left soon after. We don't like being in that kind of energy. 

Anyway, prior to that he had a good run, and my boots and his paws are all muddy, plus he's refusing to get in the bath to have his paws washed. 

He's tired this evening though, so it did him good, he's not asking me to play with him and his toys tonight.  Lmao
Like Reply
(01-28-2023, 06:30 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: Well I thought we'd go to the dog park today so that he can have a run off the leash for some extra exercise before I let him loose on the open field, fingers crossed that the recent weather has killed off all of the giardia in the environment. It was still very muddy but the dogs loved it. We didn't stay a long time because there was a scrap. A lady arrived with a schnauzer puppy, and said that his bark was worst than his bite. Has she came in through the gate I was going out to offload a bag of poop. So my back was turned when the scrap started. Has I came back through the gate, the poor pup was being attacked viciously by one of the mongrels, has soon has they could get the dogs off the pup the lady and the pup left.

It all happened so quickly, all she did was walk into the dog park and had to leave has quickly has she arrived.

The owner of the mongrel didn't appear to have any remorse about the behaviour of her dog but she did put it on the lead.

Anyway, prior to that he had a good run, and my boots and his paws are all muddy, plus he's refusing to get in the bath to have his paws washed.

He's tired this evening though, so it did him good, he's not asking me to play with him and his toys tonight. Lmao

I used to take Sammy to the dog park until stupid people who had no control over their aggressive dogs ruined it for everyone.

[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyoverCountry's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
(01-28-2023, 11:09 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 06:30 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: Well I thought we'd go to the dog park today so that he can have a run off the leash for some extra exercise before I let him loose on the open field, fingers crossed that the recent weather has killed off all of the giardia in the environment. It was still very muddy but the dogs loved it. We didn't stay a long time because there was a scrap. A lady arrived with a schnauzer puppy, and said that his bark was worst than his bite. Has she came in through the gate I was going out to offload a bag of poop. So my back was turned when the scrap started. Has I came back through the gate, the poor pup was being attacked viciously by one of the mongrels, has soon has they could get the dogs off the pup the lady and the pup left.

He's tired this evening though, so it did him good, he's not asking me to play with him and his toys tonight.  Lmao

I used to take Sammy to the dog park until stupid people who had no control over their aggressive dogs ruined it for everyone.

In two years that is the first time I've seen that happen. People with aggressive dogs don't usually come into the enclosure that is ideal for puppies. Although it the first time we've met those particular dogs that were there on Saturday. Sunday mornings the Beagle club arrives and then after that there is usually an influx of the Cockapoos of all ages.
Like Reply