Brave Browser In Trouble HELP!
I've heard back from mac techie today and he says he's had three more of his clients having the same clock issue with Brave, Brave have some issues that haven't been solved. He recommends changing to a better browser, so which one would you recommend? 

I also asked him if upgrading is necessary because this mac works great otherwise, (2008) he can access me a 21 inch iMac, 2014 for £300, I'm thinking about it and have to get back to him later today. Of course it will cost a little for him to change all the data over. I don't like the fact that the 2014 model doesn't have a CD drive or the models afterwards. 

Many thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. 

Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply
You running a Mac??  I know Safari is the browser it comes with, and a lot of people don't like it.

So, it's gonna be either Firefox, or Chrome.  Chrome is better, but your options really are limited.

And as far as CD drives are concerned, you need to buy an external drive that runs from USB.

Laptops, and Desktop computers have done away with that tech some time ago.  You can put

Terra bytes of Data on an SD Card now.  Chuckle

Download Chrome and give it a test drive. Other than that your looking at Browsers Like Opera,
Dolphin, Etc.  All are really second rate compared to Chrome.  Firefox is just too damn slow
and a memory hog these days.

If you really want Blistering speed, no maintenance, free software, and upgrades for life.
Go with a Linux Machine and use Chromium for the browser.  Cheer
[Image: OSkfFK7.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Full Throttle's post:
  • DaJavoo, ELIAKIM
Like Reply
Full Throttle Wrote:You running a Mac??  I know Safari is the browser it comes with, and a lot of people don't like it.

So, it's gonna be either Firefox, or Chrome.  Chrome is better, but your options really are limited.

And as far as CD drives are concerned, you need to buy an external drive that runs from USB.

Laptops, and Desktop computers have done away with that tech some time ago.  You can put

Terra bytes of Data on an SD Card now.  Chuckle

Download Chrome and give it a test drive. Other than that your looking at Browsers Like Opera,
Dolphin, Etc.  All are really second rate compared to Chrome.  Firefox is just too damn slow
and a memory hog these days.

If you really want Blistering speed, no maintenance, free software, and upgrades for life.
Go with a Linux Machine and use Chromium for the browser.  Cheer
I've been using Brave for years and can still use it for some websites and not others. So for instance I can use an old version of Safari to access BTF, yet it won't let me access others. Brave won't let me access BTF. My mac techie likes Firefox. I think I already have Chrome on this computer. I will go check it out now. I like my Cd drive in the computer for watching films when I'd like too. It's a big enough screen for my puppy to watch. Techie thinks its best to upgrade due to the fact that I will probably have on-going software issues due to the age of the computer. 
Thank you @Full Throttle
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • hurchel
Like Reply
Maybe the issue is on github?

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues
Like Reply
I do have Chrome, but it says this when I try to access BTF with it. 

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.beyond-the-fringe.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). [color=var(--link-color)]Learn more[/color]
Like Reply
As far as watching Movies go, I do the same thing with DVD movies I get from the Library.
I have an old DVD Burner that plays everything but Blu-Ray.  Thing still works great!!

You definitely need to upgrade the old Mac.  Chuckle  My old Laptops used to run Windows
versions until I got a hold of them, I Installed a Linux Distro on them, and Chromium for the browser.

For years now, I just update the software whenever it tells me software updates are available.
These Laptops I have are 15 yrs old, very low Ram, Processor speed, Small HD drives.

But with Linux, they run like new ones. still as fast as anything I would ever need for web browsing,
e-mail, DVD movies, etc. 

Example: This is what I am on right now.
15 yr old Dell Mini, 16 GB Hard Drive.
1.86 Dual Core Processor. 2 Gb of Ram.
Linux Light Distro, Chromium Browser.

The Display screen Cracked years ago, so I have a 24 inch external monitor on USB .
Same with the DVD drive, USB.  Plus I believe I paid maybe $5.00 US for it. 

Thing runs almost 24/7/365.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Full Throttle's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
(11-24-2021, 10:22 AM)ELIAKIM Wrote: I do have Chrome, but it says this when I try to access BTF with it. 

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.beyond-the-fringe.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). [color=var(--link-color)]Learn more[/color]

That is a standard response and it means nothing really.  Don't worry about it.  Heartflowers

EDIT: Install HTTPS Everywhere from the Chrome Web Store as an Extension. Should fix the problem.
[-] The following 2 users Like Full Throttle's post:
  • ELIAKIM, hurchel
Like Reply
Pale Moon Browser for PC
https://www.palemoon.org/

Adblock Browser for Android
https://adblockbrowser.org/
[-] The following 2 users Like Tolimar's post:
  • ELIAKIM, hurchel
Like Reply
Try dissenter.  Download at this link:  https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/B...wser.shtml

Heartflowers
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”

― Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes phxsparks's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
phxsparks Wrote:Try dissenter.  Download at this link:  https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/B...wser.shtml

Heartflowers
I suggested Dissenter to my techie and he said that it is only for PC. 

I think I am going to get the upgrade iMac and use this computer for watching DVD's.
[-] The following 2 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • phxsparks, Tom Boy
Like Reply