HAPPY THANKSGIVING
[Image: E66d8VH.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Saul Goode's post:
  • Betty, BirdLady2, gallowglassie, hurchel, IDR, Sami aka Roxi, Verity
Like Reply
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my wonderful friends at BTF....I hope everyone has a spectacular day!

[Image: yP3fWfU.jpg]
If you're happy and you know it share your meds!
[-] The following 11 users Like PaigeofTimes's post:
  • Betty, bigD111, BirdLady2, hurchel, IDR, last one, MysticPizza, PickleSnout, Sami aka Roxi, SouthernBelle, Verity
Like Reply
[Image: FE_z4z3WUAUaD83?format=jpg&name=medium]
[-] The following 11 users Like Talon's post:
  • Betty, bigD111, BirdLady2, FlyoverCountry, hurchel, IDR, MysticPizza, PickleSnout, Sami aka Roxi, Saul Goode, Verity
Like Reply

[-] The following 7 users Like Talon's post:
  • Betty, bigD111, BirdLady2, hurchel, IDR, Sami aka Roxi, Saul Goode
Like Reply
"History of the First Thanksgiving"

"The first Thanksgiving was a harvest celebration held by the pilgrims of Plymouth colony in the 17th century.

Many myths surround the first Thanksgiving. Very little is actually known about the event because only two firsthand accounts of the feast were ever written.

The first account is William Bradford’s journal titled Of Plymouth Plantation and the other is a publication written by Edward Winslow titled Mourt’s Relations.

What is known is that the pilgrims held the first Thanksgiving feast to celebrate the successful fall harvest. Celebrating a fall harvest was an English tradition at the time and the pilgrims had much to celebrate.

The 53 pilgrims at the first Thanksgiving were the only colonists to survive the long journey on the Mayflower and the first winter in the New World. Disease and starvation struck down half of the original 102 colonists.

These pilgrims made it through that first winter and, with the help of the local Wampanoag tribe, they had a hearty supply of food to sustain them through the next winter.

When Was the First Thanksgiving Celebrated?
Although the modern day Thanksgiving feast takes place on the fourth Thursday of November, the first Thanksgiving did not. This feast most likely happened sometime between September and November of 1621.

No exact date for the feast has ever been recorded so one can only assume it happened sometime after the fall harvest. The celebration took place for three days and included recreational activities.

Who Was at the First Thanksgiving?
Guests at the feast included 90 Wampanoag Indians from a nearby village, including their leader Massasoit.  ..."

FULL ARTICLE:  //historyofmassachusetts.org/the-first-thanksgiving/

A 5 minute highly informative read!
___________________________________________________________________________________

[Image: WGFeykg.png]
[Image: Pd1CQEP.jpg]
[-] The following 10 users Like SouthernBelle's post:
  • Betty, bigD111, BirdLady2, hurchel, IDR, MysticPizza, PaigeofTimes, PickleSnout, Sami aka Roxi, Verity
Like Reply
God bless all of you and blessings to you!

[Image: qiU8i3i.jpg]
Isaiah 22:22 The key of the house of David I will lay on his shoulder; So he shall open, and no one shall shut; And he shall shut, and no one shall open.
[-] The following 12 users Like bigD111's post:
  • Betty, BirdLady2, gallowglassie, hurchel, IDR, MysticPizza, PaigeofTimes, PickleSnout, Sami aka Roxi, Saul Goode, SouthernBelle, Verity
Like Reply
We thank you Lord, for your unending love, the bounty you have given us, and the eternal mercy you have planned for us.
Amen.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 6 users Like PickleSnout's post:
  • BirdLady2, IDR, PaigeofTimes, Saul Goode, SouthernBelle, Verity
Like Reply
[Image: I9MQjw2.jpg]

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • BirdLady2, gallowglassie, IDR, Sami aka Roxi, SouthernBelle
Like Reply

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like FlyoverCountry's post: