9/25/ Huge Hurricane Is Coming & THIS Could Make It Worse
(Today, 11:26 AM)Sami aka Roxi Wrote:
(Today, 12:38 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:18 PM)Aquarius Wrote: I like the way it is.
Is @DaJavoo the only one who has a problem with having this thread that SOMETIMES overlaps with @SlowLoris thread?   1dunno1

@DaJavoo, @Sami aka Roxi puts a heck of a lot of time and work into covering dangerous weather all over the nation, including tagging folks who are in the potentially dangerous areas !!  

I'm not trying to take sides here, but just speaking my opinion on the issue.  

Heartflowers

I'm suggesting ADDING the words:  Ryan Hall Weather to the BEGINNING of the thread title.  And perhaps changing the thread icon to the tornado.  This will more properly identify the thread.

I'm not belittling the thread, suggesting a merge or anything else.

If those edits are made the two weather threads (one is seasonal) will be differentiated when appearing on Page One.

Another mod made the tornado icon for me per request. Then later, the hurricane icon. I contacted SL to let her know WE now also have a new hurricane icon.

I began this thread Jan 2021. Every title on the thread changed to the particular title Ryan hall chose. I dated them daily, if needed.

@SlowLoris created hers in May, 2021.

Fact, if it confuses people so much, it should be merged. I can see SlowLoris being against that, understandably.  Same as I disagree with changing the title here, to something neutral, such as All weather threads.

Fact. I HAVE tried putting more information into a thread title, but it gets cut off. Which is why sometimes I squeeze it in.

You are creative, why don't you find an icon for SlowLowis that differentiated the threads by the icon??

These are both hurricane threads, with tornados spawned.

Fact. I doubt that you or SL would appreciate this much personal feedback from members, like in Canada,
posting as much information as Fiona generated. It would become OFF TOPIC.  THIS is the first hurricane ever posted with more than one or two posts on ANY country aside from the US.

It is SL's thread that is seasonal. RH's videos are throughout the year. That doesn't mean a big hurricane on the East Coast should make THIS thread have to change. Many people here follow Ryan Hall, not just now, but all year.

Yes, we posted a couple of pages here about Fiona, including in Canada. Several posts in SL's thread were also about the hurricane hitting Canada. But the material is different.

I tag members IN a potentially dangerous area, AND to notify their friends and relatives across the country to give them a heads-up a torando is on upon them. It has saved lives, whether here, or elsewhere!

Most of these people below would quit looking for this thread, IF not tagged below.
This thread title doesn't need a change. Perhaps another on the forum does, or something for IT to differentiate?? A new Icon, maybe?

@rikster111                        Illinois
@IDR                                  IDAHO               
@phxsparks                        Arizona
@Hero Protagonist              Va
@T-Dub                            West Virginia
@Cedar                            Ft Meyers, Fl / tip of Lake Superior, near Duluth Mn
@Whirling Bliss Machine    Central Panhandle, Fl                 
@Who_me?                      Florida
@jedijuju                          Florida
@SlowLoris                      Florida
@FlyoverCountry                Kansas
@Pure Rock Fury                Missouri
@Scuffalufacus                  Illinois
@Wing-ed                        Michigan
@Dough Dude                  Arkansas
@PickleSnout                    Washington State
@SouthernBelle                S.Oregon
@Kamchatka                    north-central Missouri.
@Heir                              South-East Missouri
@Full Throttle                    Ohio
@CalledOutOne                  Ohio
@Debauchery                    S. Indiana
@mountain man                Indiana
@TruthSeeker17                N.Wisconsin
@hurchel                          Oklahoma
@PaigeofTimes                  Maine
@Shore_Skeptic                New Jersey
@Goldilocks                      New Jersey
@Pope Trollalittle              Pennsylvania
@DaDa                            Louisiana
@Saul Goode                    Alabama
@TXTriker                        Texas
@Dangerously Nameless    Texas
@Talon                              Tn
Thank you @Sami aka Roxi!
“Do or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda
[-] The following 5 users Like phxsparks's post:
  • Aquarius, Karu, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Wing-ed
Like Reply
(Today, 12:15 PM)Aquarius Wrote:
(Today, 12:38 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:18 PM)Aquarius Wrote: I like the way it is.
Is @DaJavoo the only one who has a problem with having this thread that SOMETIMES overlaps with @SlowLoris thread?   1dunno1

@DaJavoo, @Sami aka Roxi puts a heck of a lot of time and work into covering dangerous weather all over the nation, including tagging folks who are in the potentially dangerous areas !!  

I'm not trying to take sides here, but just speaking my opinion on the issue.  

Heartflowers

I'm suggesting ADDING the words:  Ryan Hall Weather to the BEGINNING of the thread title.  And perhaps changing the thread icon to the tornado.  This will more properly identify the thread.

If those edits are made the two weather threads (one is seasonal) will be differentiated when appearing on Page One.

Calling it the Ryan Hall weather thread is extremely misleading !!   
Sami's Thread includes a LOT of information other than the Ryan Hall vids.

I don't understand why this is even an issue?   Scratchinghead
Have we become so feeble minded at this forum that we can't navigate between (or differentiate between) two Threads?

No, not feeble-minded, Aq7.

But if we are able to differentiate in a visual manner, why not?   [Image: PyaBa6N.gif]

It's marketing ~ one can pick out a Campbell's brand soup can without being able to read.
[Image: qHzIQOs.png] [Image: Flag_of_Georgia_US_state.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • MysticPizza, SlowLoris, T-Dub
Like Reply
(Today, 06:05 PM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(Today, 12:06 PM)Sami aka Roxi Wrote: Truth be known, there was no reason for a second hurricane thread made, after the Ryan Hall thread. The thread title would and still are going to be changed, even daily to show changes. Was I upset SL made a thread for Fl last year? No! Is she upset this thread posted about Fiona, Ion, and future huricanes this year?? I would hope not, I don't see her as being petty.

This wouldn't have been a monumental issue for Dajavoo though, IF he had just merged her thread, a year ago, as all other threads are merged.

And now, he wants to fix what he sees as a problem. Eyeroll

@Sami aka Roxi,

It's NOT a monumental problem.  BUT ~ it is confusing when the titles are near identical and the thread icons the same.

A current (seasonal) hurricane only thread for quick updates for peeps in affected areas is necessary.

The longer running (year around) weather thread is also of interest, eh?

My suggestions:  Differentiate the two with a title change, perhaps starting this thread with "Ryan Hall", "Current Weather" or something similar and changing the tail end of the thread title as warranted by weather trends, and perhaps a permanent thread icon change.

No reason for the threads to be merged.

If you have an idea for a thread icon, I'll be glad to help with that.

Just trying to be helpful ~ for BOTH threads.   [Image: 5gxxThs.gif]

@DaJavoo I did make a suggestion about Icons, above. I requested both the new Tornado and Hurricane Icons, so I should be allowed to continue to use them. I know T -Dubs can add an Icon, why not allow SL to pick one SHE likes? That really would be one way of simplifying it.

My thread has been running actively through hurricanes, and tornadoes without any issues of a mod suggesting, requesting I change MY title.

I have bent over with suggestions that work, and won't be bullied. If you personally, or another mod, choose to follow your own suggestions, and change the title as you apparently want, so be it.
You and I know it will be a slow death, or quicker, who knows. But this would be remembered.

YOU could have remedied this a year ago, and merged. Too late for that.

A new Icon for Fl or Hurricanes could be chosen for the Florida hurricanes. You don't seem interested in that.
Just do what you want to do. I'm here to enjoy those on this thread that chit-chat about the current weather events. Just do what you want.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

https://operationq.pub/home/
[-] The following 3 users Like Sami aka Roxi's post:
  • Aquarius, Karu, Whirling Bliss Machine
Like Reply
(Today, 06:09 PM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(Today, 12:38 AM)DaJavoo Wrote: I'm suggesting ADDING the words:  Ryan Hall Weather to the BEGINNING of the thread title.  And perhaps changing the thread icon to the tornado.  This will more properly identify the thread.

Have we become so feeble minded at this forum that we can't navigate between (or differentiate between) two Threads?

But if we are able to differentiate in a visual manner, why not?   [Image: PyaBa6N.gif]

It's marketing ~ one can pick out a Campbell's brand soup can without being able to read.

I'm sorry to see two other mods supporting you, with Likes, showing support. But remaining silent. I have to assume they agree with you.
You two are welcome to join into the discussion. Or, maybe this is an attempt for me to get banned?? Push all the buttons?

I'll repeat myself again,

1. I created this thread early in the game, it drew interest, I kept it going. Yes, babied it! Never an issue, even five months later when a new hurricane thread was made, even though this one was active.

2.Icons.
Most people that have seen this should understand by now I asked for new Icons. First, because non-hurricane threads were using the hurricane Icon. I didn't bitch. Later I asked for a new one, at least for tornados, since they were very active. Again, a non-tornado thread had a tornado as an Icon, and again, I let it slide.  Never an offer by a mod not to use them, since they were for hurricane and tornado threads. I let that slide too.

Obviously I worked around it, but THAT is something that SHOULD have caused confusion, but apparently didn't, since the hurricane Icon on a non-hurricane thread and the tornado Icon on a non-tornado thread stayed, until the threads ended.

3. One thing can be done to resolve this peacefully, although Daj has already stirred up things unnecessarily. One thing!

4. Find a new Icon for @SlowLoris to differentiate between the two. Being pinned now, with what may be a historical hurricane, members will recognize a new Icon, that is all hers, for hurricanes, like the Q thread and the C&B.  People ALREADY see my hurricane and tornado Icons, and don't get confused.

5. Allow the Icons I chose to have made for this thread to stay as is.

Again, a simple Icon change on SL's Florida hurricanes would be very simple.

It really is simple, Daj. It hasn't been confusing until now.

Editing, I added a year to SL and my hurricane threads. I never was good at math.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

[-] The following 4 users Like Sami aka Roxi's post:
  • Aquarius, Karu, SlowLoris, Whirling Bliss Machine
Like Reply
I am not in any way offended by this thread. It fills an important need on the forum.

I had a hurricane thread last year and now I started one for this year. It will slide into oblivion around November 1st as hurricanes rarely happen after that. 

On the other hand @Sami aka Roxi will have her hands full covering the coming winter storms. 

If at the moment information overlaps both threads, so be it. It works, it's not broken, so please don't try to fix it.
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png] [Image: WOlkLaS.gif]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 4 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • Aquarius, Karu, Sami aka Roxi, Whirling Bliss Machine
Like Reply
(Today, 06:50 PM)SlowLoris Wrote: I am not in any way offended by this thread. It fills an important need on the forum.

I had a hurricane thread last year and now I started one for this year. It will slide into oblivion around November 1st as hurricanes rarely happen after that. 

On the other hand @Sami aka Roxi will have her hands full covering the coming winter storms. 

If at the moment information overlaps both threads, so be it. It works, it's not broken, so please don't try to fix it.

Thank you. Heartflowers

[-] The following 3 users Like Sami aka Roxi's post:
  • Karu, SlowLoris, Whirling Bliss Machine
Like Reply
(Today, 06:09 PM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(Today, 12:38 AM)DaJavoo Wrote: I'm suggesting ADDING the words:  Ryan Hall Weather to the BEGINNING of the thread title.  And perhaps changing the thread icon to the tornado.  This will more properly identify the thread.

There is an extremely quick and easy way to distinguish between the two threads.
All one has to do is take a quick look at who the OP of the Thread is, which is always listed right below the Thread Title.  

But I liked @Sami aka Roxi 's solution that she mentioned some pages back, and that was to pin Loris's Thread, which I requested and Mystic Pizza kindly pinned.  
Hopefully it will stay pinned while you guys on the east coast are battling this monster hurricane! 
Hopefully (and prayerfully) this will be the only one that is drastic this year. 

I realize tensions and nerves are running high, especially for those of you who are bracing for the worst and hoping for the best.  
All of us, however, are anxious for one reason or another (those of us on the west coast are praying daily for a good rain so as to lessen the fire danger.) so tensions and nerves are running high for everyone here.   

It's unlikely either of those Threads will go to Page Two anytime soon.
Goodness, even threads that are three days old are still on Page One.  Sad
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing.  Pray for our Constitutional Republic!  Pray for President Trump!  
[-] The following 4 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • Karu, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Whirling Bliss Machine
Like Reply
(Today, 06:50 PM)SlowLoris Wrote: I am not in any way offended by this thread. It fills an important need on the forum.

Thank you @SlowLoris Kiss

And ... My sentiments precisely, if it is not broken, don't try to fix it !!  

[Image: GfrpgxM.jpg]
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing.  Pray for our Constitutional Republic!  Pray for President Trump!  
Like Reply