Hurricane Thread 2022 Season - Atlantic Tropical Waves
Weather Satellites - illuminati card game

[Image: ClQQX0T.jpg]
If society fell apart, we - the people would build a new one. Most people are good at their core, and when we see things that are wrong we work to fix them together. Make friends with your neighbors, get involved with your community - because we will rebuild our lives, our communities, from horrible circumstances we always will.
[-] The following 3 users Like Karu's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris
Like Reply
Just in case you wondered.
Hurricane vs Tropical Storm vs Tropical Depression vs Potential Tropical Cyclone?

"Tropical depression, tropical storm and hurricane are terms you hear every hurricane season, but "potential tropical cyclone" is a relatively new phrase with which you might not be very familiar.
Introduced by the National Hurricane Center in 2017, a potential tropical cyclone permits the NHC to issue routine advisories on a system that has not yet developed into a tropical depression or tropical storm but brings a threat of 39-plus-mph winds to land within 48 hours.

This falls within the time window of posting Tropical Storm or Hurricane Watches and Warnings, allowing the NHC to issue them with additional lead time and provide at-risk people with more advance notice of possible impacts to their area.

Previously, the NHC could not issue any watches or warnings until a system had developed into at least a tropical depression.

"Advances in forecasting over the past decade or so ... now allow the confident prediction of tropical cyclone impacts while these systems are still in the developmental stage," the NHC said.
On June 2, the NHC began issuing advisories, watches and warnings for Potential Tropical Cyclone One, which was forecast to become Tropical Storm Alex and bring heavy rain and gusty winds to portions of Florida."

https://www.foxweather.com/learn/what-is...al-cyclone

[Image: yGBOQJO.jpg]
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png] [Image: uvbfbLz.gif]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 5 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • DaJavoo, FlyoverCountry, MysticPizza, Oldcynic, Sami aka Roxi
Like Reply
(06-04-2022, 02:51 PM)SlowLoris Wrote: Just in case you wondered.
Hurricane vs Tropical Storm vs Tropical Depression vs Potential Tropical Cyclone?

"Tropical depression, tropical storm and hurricane are terms you hear every hurricane season, but "potential tropical cyclone" is a relatively new phrase with which you might not be very familiar.
Introduced by the National Hurricane Center in 2017, a potential tropical cyclone permits the NHC to issue routine advisories on a system that has not yet developed into a tropical depression or tropical storm but brings a threat of 39-plus-mph winds to land within 48 hours.

This falls within the time window of posting Tropical Storm or Hurricane Watches and Warnings, allowing the NHC to issue them with additional lead time and provide at-risk people with more advance notice of possible impacts to their area.

Previously, the NHC could not issue any watches or warnings until a system had developed into at least a tropical depression.

"Advances in forecasting over the past decade or so ... now allow the confident prediction of tropical cyclone impacts while these systems are still in the developmental stage," the NHC said.
On June 2, the NHC began issuing advisories, watches and warnings for Potential Tropical Cyclone One, which was forecast to become Tropical Storm Alex and bring heavy rain and gusty winds to portions of Florida."

https://www.foxweather.com/learn/what-is...al-cyclone

[Image: yGBOQJO.jpg]
How are things @SlowLoris.  Our old stomping grounds, SoFlo seems to be underwater from what we're seeing.  You doing OK?
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • DaJavoo, SlowLoris
Like Reply
I am fine @Oldcynic thanks for asking.

Since I live in the middle of Florida on the edge of the Green Swamp, on property that gets a bit water logged during prolonged rain storms, I have a vested interest in watching these infernal tropical storms.
[-] The following 2 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • DaJavoo, Oldcynic
Like Reply
It's official : Potential Cyclone #1 is now Tropical Storm Alex. He will never be a full grown hurricane, but C’est la vie

This is the story of Pacific Hurricane Agatha. Something weird happened to her in Mexico. She was so very weak, just barely holding herself together. As soon as she entered the Gulf of Mexico, NOAA.gov saw the Potential change and tracked the storm watching as it trekked closer to Florida. NOAA couldn't give it a name because it was so disorganized. All it took was a trip to Miami. Coming out into the Atlantic, the storm was immediately  recognized for who it really was! Alex!

[Image: u7BNY0m.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • DaJavoo, Oldcynic, Whirling Bliss Machine
Like Reply
This is sitting right over @Oldcynic house. 
Not expected to strengthen.

[Image: QmO4lh8.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • Karu, Oldcynic, Sami aka Roxi
Like Reply
In the meantime, in the Pacific.

[Image: 4KSl4Xm.png]
  • Karu, Sami aka Roxi
Like Reply
(06-15-2022, 06:33 PM)SlowLoris Wrote: This is sitting right over @Oldcynic house. 
Not expected to strengthen.

[Image: QmO4lh8.png]
Thanks for the mention @SlowLoris but the X appears to be on the northern border of Costa Rica, far from us, cloudy but nice today.  Actually my wife and a friend went to the Panama northern border and crossed to Costa Rico, Sixeola, to shop.  Great sausage and other meats, a giant papaya for 75c.
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 4 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • DaJavoo, Karu, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris
Like Reply
[Image: VXWtC49.png]
  • DaJavoo, Karu
Like Reply
Disturbance in the Atlantic

[Image: 25aOSFo.png]