BORIS RESIGNED - NEW PM ELECTION UPDATES
(07-06-2022, 03:58 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote:
For @Wingsprint
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • Verity, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(07-06-2022, 05:21 PM)FD~~ Wrote: The conservatives of the UK thought Boris would pick up their banner.

All they got was a wishy-washy man with bad hair. 

Can’t do nothing about the wishy-washy part. 

But he should probably speak to Trey Gowdy about the hair .   V6sRZf4
What Lord David Frost had to say about it. 

3 mins 

Boris went too far to the left, Boris always was a Liberal in his heart, although he is a globalist. The Conservatives got slatted in the recent local elections.
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • Wingsprint
Like Reply
In the 2nd part of this facing the committee of MP's yesterday, they were brutal. The Tories appear to have found their backbone because the future of the Conservative party in the UK is on the line. 

1 hour 55 mins It was live streamed yesterday. 

• Verity, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Boris Johnson resigns and will address the nation TODAY: PM finally quits after his Chancellor of two days plunges the knife following a flood of ministers quitting - but wants to stay in No10 until OCTOBER
  • Boris Johnson has finally accepted he must resign but is hoping to stay as PM until new leader in October  

• The premier flatly rejected calls to quit last night and dramatically sacked Cabinet rival Michael Gove

• A fresh wave of resignations has seen seven more ministers join the exodus from the stricken government 

• Mr Johnson met previously-loyal ministers in No10 who told him he had lost the confidence of the Tory party

• PM's allies raised the prospect of 'nuclear option' by asking Queen to dissolve parliament and trigger election
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...-goes.html
[-] The following 3 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • Aquarius, TruthSeeker17, Verity
Like Reply
Pound rises as Boris Johnson prepares to resign – live updates
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/202...inflation/
Like Reply

Like Reply
Media waiting outside 10 Downing Street, for his address to the nation. 

LIVE 

Like Reply
(07-06-2022, 05:20 PM)Munchaab Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 04:15 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: Steve Baker has been put into the top ten possibilities. 

Steven John Baker (born 6 June 1971) is a British politician and a former Royal Air Force engineer, consultant and bank worker, who served as chair of the European Research Group (ERG) from 2016 to 2017 and 2019 to 2020. A member of the Conservative Party, he has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Wycombe in Buckinghamshire since 2010.[1][2]

In June 2015 he became co-chair of Conservatives for Britain, a campaigning organisation formed of Eurosceptic MPs.[3] He co-founded The Cobden Centre and sits on its advisory board. He established and chairs the all-party parliamentary group (APPG) on Economics, Money and Banking. He was chair of the ERG, a pro-Brexit group of Conservative MPs, from 20 November 2016 until his promotion to ministerial office at the Department for Exiting the European Union on 13 June 2017, but resigned from his office on 9 July 2018 following the resignation of David Davis over concerns with the government's strategy on Brexit.[4][5] The same day Jacob Rees-Mogg appointed Baker as the deputy chair and de facto whip[6][7][8][9] of the ERG, alongside Mark Francois. In September 2019 Baker was again elected as the group's chair, taking over from Rees-Mogg. In February 2020 he announced his resignation from the post, but confirmed that he would continue as a member.[10] In late 2021, Baker announced the campaign group Conservative Way Forward will be relaunched in 2022[11] with him as its new chairman.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Baker_(politician)

Steve Baker is also running to be leader of the 1922 committee on Monday - says he'll change rules to allow another vote of N/C if elected...
Steve Baker announces leadership bid shortly as Boris Johnson set to resign

I quite like Steve Baker 
  • Aquarius
Like Reply
Is this the most brutal man in politics? How Nadhim Zahawi - who plunged the final knife in Boris just a DAY after being made Chancellor - has 'been secretly plotting his own leadership bid for months' (...with the PM's campaign guru)
  • Former health minister Nadhim Zahawi was to role of Chancellor after Rishi Sunak quit on Tuesday evening

• Yesterday he went from defending the PM in the morning - to going into No 10 urging him to resign his job

• And today he went public and said: 'Prime Minister: this is not sustainable and it will only get worse'

• Senior Tory has taken a huge gamble as it emerged he has secretly been wargaming for a leadership battle 

• 55-year-old father-of-three fled Iraq under Saddam Hussein with his family while he was a child 

• One of Parliament's wealthiest members, set up polling firm YouGov and has £100m property empire 
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ellor.html
  • Verity
Like Reply
(07-07-2022, 04:57 AM)ELIAKIM Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 05:20 PM)Munchaab Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 04:15 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: Steve Baker has been put into the top ten possibilities. 

Steven John Baker (born 6 June 1971) is a British politician and a former Royal Air Force engineer, consultant and bank worker, who served as chair of the European Research Group (ERG) from 2016 to 2017 and 2019 to 2020. A member of the Conservative Party, he has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Wycombe in Buckinghamshire since 2010.[1][2]

In June 2015 he became co-chair of Conservatives for Britain, a campaigning organisation formed of Eurosceptic MPs.[3] He co-founded The Cobden Centre and sits on its advisory board. He established and chairs the all-party parliamentary group (APPG) on Economics, Money and Banking. He was chair of the ERG, a pro-Brexit group of Conservative MPs, from 20 November 2016 until his promotion to ministerial office at the Department for Exiting the European Union on 13 June 2017, but resigned from his office on 9 July 2018 following the resignation of David Davis over concerns with the government's strategy on Brexit.[4][5] The same day Jacob Rees-Mogg appointed Baker as the deputy chair and de facto whip[6][7][8][9] of the ERG, alongside Mark Francois. In September 2019 Baker was again elected as the group's chair, taking over from Rees-Mogg. In February 2020 he announced his resignation from the post, but confirmed that he would continue as a member.[10] In late 2021, Baker announced the campaign group Conservative Way Forward will be relaunched in 2022[11] with him as its new chairman.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Baker_(politician)

Steve Baker is also running to be leader of the 1922 committee on Monday - says he'll change rules to allow another vote of N/C if elected...
Steve Baker announces leadership bid shortly as Boris Johnson set to resign

I quite like Steve Baker 
The bets are on 

Who is the favourite to replace Boris Johnson as the next Tory leader?

Penny Mordaunt - 4/1
Rishi Sunak - 4/1
Ben Wallace - 8/1
Liz Truss - 8/1
Nadhim Zahawi - 9/1
Jeremy Hunt - 10/1
Tom Tugendhat - 11/1
George Eustice - 20/1 
Michael Gove - 25/1
Dominic Raab - 28/1
Mark Harper - 40/1
Priti Patel - 40/1
Jacob Rees-Mogg - 80/1
Nadine Dorries - 200/1 

I don't like Ben Wallace due to his stance on Ukraine. 

Liz Truss doesn't even know her geography and embarrassed herself in Russia, she supported the sanctions against Russia. 

Nadim Zahawi, an Iraq by birth, supported the lockdowns and was responsible for mass vaccinations. 

Jeremy Hunt when he was Health Minister for a previous government, he was involved in the privatisation of the NHS and celebrated in America after he had taken the pensions from the 1950s women. 

Priti Patel was sacked by Theresa May for going behind her back to Israel. Patel didn't put a stop to the immigration, closed the borders etc. She supported Cresida Dicks that was forced to eventually resign. London Met now in special measures. Patel didn't improve the police force. She also supports covering our green pastures with concrete for more and more housing. 

Rishi Sunak is a billionaire and should try living on unemployment benefit. 

Mark Harper, who is he? 

Michael Gove, can't stand him. I think he was a former Education Minister. @Munchaab wasn't he one of Cameron's men? 

Dominic Raab, don't like him, he was Minister for Justice, and our junior barristers are on strike due to low amount of legal aid that is paid. These barristers are working for a minimum wage. During his reign, the justice system is collapsing. 

The only one of those that I have any time for his Jacob Rees-Mogg. JRM believes that the voters are always right. JRM is probably the utmost constitutionalist and he is a supporter of Steve Baker. If JRM doesn't choose to stand yet, he could back Steve Baker for PM.

Who is Penny Mordaunt? Not enough experience. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Mordaunt

Who is Tom Tugendhat? He holds a French citzenship, definitely NO. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tugendhat

George Eustace, definitely NO for PM, although he was former UKIP so against mass immigration. He left UKIP to join the Tories. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Eustice
  • Aquarius, Southern Belle
Like Reply