Could use a prayer or three for Talon.
Talon is in the hospital. It's pretty serious.

She had some problems with her teeth (molars) on the bottom left. It got infected Wednesday, and turned into an abscess. The abscess turned into Necrotizing fasciitis probably on Saturday.

We did get treatment and an oral antibiotic, but things started to swell so she couldn't take them. We went to the ER this morning because the swelling was impacting her breathing and they diagnosed and rushed her to surgery. They already removed necrotic tissue from her jaw, face and neck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizin...miting.%20

She's on IV antibiotics, is heavily sedated, has a breathing tube, and is getting a feeding tube. She has more scans and another operation on Wednesday to possibly put together whatever is left if they don't have to remove more tissue. Maybe another after that to reconstruct things if they do have to remove more. Guaranteed 2 weeks in the hospital. Maybe longer.

If she survives this, she'll have to go to hospice care for rehabilitation. And that's a months long process. The doctor says that she'll probably never swallow again based on what they already had to remove. Feeding tubes for whatever lifespan she has left. She'll probably be very vulnerable to other diseases and infections too.

Considering the placement, survival is not a guarantee. She has good(ish) odds, but it's not 100%.

I'll try and keep y'all updated, but my health hasn't been the best of late either. I just got off the phone with the rest of her family and I'm wiped now. I haven't slept worth a shit since this started and spent all of last night getting her to go to the hospital and most of today there waiting for news. I doubt I'll sleep tonight, but I'm going to go rest for a bit before heading back to the waiting room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update from page 14 in case you don't have time to read the whole thread.

https://www.beyond-the-fringe.com/showthread.php?tid=15603&pid=657349#pid657349

On 9/18/2022 at 2:21AM Central Standard Time, Talon passed peacefully to whatever grand adventure awaits her next.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memorial services:

https://www.beyond-the-fringe.com/showthread.php?tid=15603&pid=657664#pid657664
BTF literary corner.

A place for the written word in all of its magnificent forms.
Like Reply
(09-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote: Talon is in the hospital. It's pretty serious.

She had some problems with her teeth (molars) on the bottom left. It got infected Wednesday, and turned into an abscess. The abscess turned into Necrotizing fasciitis probably on Saturday.

We did get treatment and an oral antibiotic, but things started to swell so she couldn't take them. We went to the ER this morning because the swelling was impacting her breathing and they diagnosed and rushed her to surgery. They already removed necrotic tissue from her jaw, face and neck.

She's on IV antibiotics, is heavily sedated, has a breathing tube, and is getting a feeding tube. She has more scans and another operation on Wednesday to possibly put together whatever is left if they don't have to remove more tissue. Maybe another after that to reconstruct things if they do have to remove more. Guaranteed 2 weeks in the hospital. Maybe longer.

If she survives this, she'll have to go to hospice care for rehabilitation. And that's a months long process. The doctor says that she'll probably never swallow again based on what they already had to remove. Feeding tubes for whatever lifespan she has left. She'll probably be very vulnerable to other diseases and infections too.

Considering the placement, survival is not a guarantee. She has good(ish) odds, but it's not 100%.

I'll try and keep y'all updated, but my health hasn't been the best of late either. I just got off the phone with the rest of her family and I'm wiped now. I haven't slept worth a shit since this started and spent all of last night getting her to go to the hospital and most of today there waiting for news. I doubt I'll sleep tonight, but I'm going to go rest for a bit before heading back to the waiting room.

Heartflowers
The Truth is learned, never told.
[-] The following 14 users Like snowglobe's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, Cedar, Commandante_Frio, DaJavoo, Godless_Patriot, Hickory, Kamchatka, Karu, Pintaday, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Wingsprint, ~Leela~
Like Reply
DONE!!! Heartflowers

PRAYERS
[Image: TIYkJoq.png][Image: a7KceKN.png]
[-] The following 14 users Like FT.'s post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, Cedar, Commandante_Frio, DaJavoo, Godless_Patriot, Hickory, Kamchatka, Karu, Pintaday, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Southern Belle, ~Leela~
Like Reply
(09-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote: Talon is in the hospital. It's pretty serious.

Heartflowers

You tell her I said to get her arse back in here - we can't go without our resident news hound...

She's a wonder to every forum she visits and my thoughts are with her and you - you should get your arse back in here too, now I come to think of it...

Heartflowers Heartflowers Heartflowers
I do not know everything, I know just enough to know that I know nothing - which is just a little more than those who think they know anything!

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
Like Reply
Heartflowers
[Image: QBlcbtA.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like Beyond It's The Great Trumpski's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, Commandante_Frio, DaJavoo, Godless_Patriot, Kamchatka, Karu, Pintaday, Sami aka Roxi, ~Leela~
Like Reply

Dayum, Red.  Devastating.

[Image: eosSmDW.jpg]
[Image: LnNDwC8.png] [Image: NCjbAAr.gif]
[-] The following 10 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, Godless_Patriot, Hickory, Kamchatka, Karu, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Southern Belle, ~Leela~
Like Reply
I've been worried that I haven't heard from you.  Now this. 

I will contact everyone that I know and we'll get the prayer chain rolling.   

The church has a prayer list for members of the congregation who faithfully monitor it.

[Image: wQyyz4p.jpg]

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 13 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, Commandante_Frio, DaJavoo, Godless_Patriot, Goldilocks, Kamchatka, Karu, Pintaday, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Southern Belle, ~Leela~
Like Reply
@JB1  See how serious this is for you??

More prayer for Talon & ARM.

[Image: c1x7aq3.jpg]
[Image: TIYkJoq.png][Image: a7KceKN.png]
[-] The following 13 users Like FT.'s post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, Commandante_Frio, DaJavoo, Godless_Patriot, JB1, Kamchatka, Karu, PickleSnout, Pintaday, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Southern Belle
Like Reply
@FlyoverCountry  ~  We have some serious prayer warriors over at the C&B.  We'll tag along on yer prayer chain!
[Image: LnNDwC8.png] [Image: NCjbAAr.gif]
[-] The following 13 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, FlyoverCountry, Godless_Patriot, Goldilocks, Kamchatka, Karu, Pintaday, Pure Rock Fury, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Southern Belle, ~Leela~
Like Reply
Heartflowers

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 11 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Aquarius, Commandante_Frio, DaJavoo, Godless_Patriot, Kamchatka, Karu, Pintaday, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, ~Leela~
Like Reply