SOLAR POWER EXPOSE Shows How Ignorant People Are
A local TV propaganda station presented an expose on solar power rip-offs.  There are a few things wrong here.

The systems in question are in Missouri, I didn't see crisp, clear sunlight.

The PV array was ON THE GROUND! Eyeroll 

Trees were growing OVER TOP of the PV array.

Depending on how the panels are linked (series or parallel), a drastic drop in output occurs when panels are partially shaded, reducing the output of panels receiving full sun.

There complainers did not do there homework before contracting with the company.  PV arrays belong ABOVE potential shading elements, not on the ground.

The whiner in the video probably got three clot-shots and is pissed because he doesn't feel well.

https://youtu.be/Vhtwagr2bSQ
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 6 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • DaJavoo, Heir, LucyBarnable, phxsparks, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-22-2022, 10:02 AM)Oldcynic Wrote: A local TV propaganda station presented an expose on solar power rip-offs.  There are a few things wrong here.

Depending on how the panels are linked (series or parallel), a drastic drop in output occurs when panels are partially shaded, reducing the output of panels receiving full sun.

There complainers did not do there homework before contracting with the company.  PV arrays belong ABOVE potential shading elements, not on the ground.

The whiner in the video probably got three clot-shots and is pissed because he doesn't feel well.

To me a wood burning stove is solar powered !! Chuckle
1 of 7000 Reserved
[-] The following 4 users Like Wing-ed's post:
  • LucyBarnable, Oldcynic, phxsparks, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-22-2022, 10:50 AM)Wing-ed Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 10:02 AM)Oldcynic Wrote: A local TV propaganda station presented an expose on solar power rip-offs.  There are a few things wrong here.

Yes but, does it keep your Fridge humming along???

I don't think so...

Ham
_________________________________________________________________________________

[Image: utarz7u.jpg] [Image: u6HDNCp.jpg] [Image: LaB6dzR.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Southern Belle's post:
  • Oldcynic, phxsparks, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Clouds will do the same thing.  Only running about 20% at that point.
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • Oldcynic, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-22-2022, 11:47 AM)Southern Belle Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 10:50 AM)Wing-ed Wrote:

Yes but, does it keep your Fridge humming along???

I don't think so...

Ham

^^ This!
“Do or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda
[-] The following 2 users Like phxsparks's post:
  • Oldcynic, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-22-2022, 02:46 PM)counterintelligence Wrote: Clouds will do the same thing.  Only running about 20% at that point.
A PV panel is rated in a lab under ideal conditions, never what it is exposed to in the real world.  A PV array of 8 200watt panels may only produce 400 watts by the time it reaches the controller.

Shade mitigation is a big thing now as even with isolating diodes in each panel, a PV when shaded, will suck energy from what is being produced by the panels receiving sunlight.
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • Heir, Wingsprint
Like Reply
If the panels get about 100 degrees, the power starts going down also.
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • Heir, Oldcynic
Like Reply