I got screwed.
Was trying to take a gander at the extraction sites in the back roof/corner of my mouth since the swelling and infection has gone away and noticed something odd so I took my finger and very gently rubbed across and felt the familiar pain of a tooth. Sure enough, they missed a decent sized piece of the wisdom tooth. The thing is, its almost like its another tooth, because there is 2 distinct clots, one for molar #2 and one for the wisdom tooth but then this piece is off to the side, seperated from the main socket by gum tissue. Im guessing it was an accident but still shitty on the dentists part. They even took a second panoramic xray and he assured me that nothing was left. Im guessing Ill have to pay to have it extracted again. Facepalm
When freedom is outlawed only outlawz will remain free.
[-] The following 8 users Like JB1's post:
  • Aquarius, Arkan_Ted, IDR, Oldcynic, phxsparks, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Welcome to the World of Dentistry.
You didn't know that you were on the four ticket ride. And you only gave the roady 3 tickets.
Pay up, sit down, buckle  up and shut up.
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png] [Image: WOlkLaS.gif]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 7 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, IDR, Oldcynic, phxsparks, Pipkunts, Sami aka Roxi, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 02:52 AM)SlowLoris Wrote: Welcome to the World of Dentistry.
You didn't know that you were on the four ticket ride. And you only gave the roady 3 tickets.

I paid for 4 tickets cap'n.

In fact, Id wager I paid for 5.
[-] The following 3 users Like JB1's post:
  • phxsparks, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 02:40 AM)JB1 Wrote: Was trying to take a gander at the extraction sites in the back roof/corner of my mouth since the swelling and infection has gone away and noticed something odd so I took my finger and very gently rubbed across and felt the familiar pain of a tooth. Sure enough, they missed a decent sized piece of the wisdom tooth. The thing is, its almost like its another tooth, because there is 2 distinct clots, one for molar #2 and one for the wisdom tooth but then this piece is off to the side, seperated from the main socket by gum tissue. Im guessing it was an accident but still shitty on the dentists part. They even took a second panoramic xray and he assured me that nothing was left. Im guessing Ill have to pay to have it extracted again. Facepalm
You must be over 6' 2nd row giants teeth. Chuckle
[-] The following 5 users Like Pipkunts's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, IDR, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Southern Belle
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 03:14 AM)Pipkunts Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 02:40 AM)JB1 Wrote: Was trying to take a gander at the extraction sites in the back roof/corner of my mouth since the swelling and infection has gone away and noticed something odd so I took my finger and very gently rubbed across and felt the familiar pain of a tooth. Sure enough, they missed a decent sized piece of the wisdom tooth. The thing is, its almost like its another tooth, because there is 2 distinct clots, one for molar #2 and one for the wisdom tooth but then this piece is off to the side, seperated from the main socket by gum tissue. Im guessing it was an accident but still shitty on the dentists part. They even took a second panoramic xray and he assured me that nothing was left. Im guessing Ill have to pay to have it extracted again. Facepalm

I am over 6 foot, and I do have extra teeth, but they are on my lower jaw (extra incisors, one of which erupted, one of which is still playing hide and seek). I believe what happened is that the wisdom tooth decayed over the years and as it did it broke into 2 pieces and seperated just enough to allow gum tissue to grow between the 2 pieces. Still tho, its pretty easy to spot and he shouldnt have missed that, it sticks out like a sore thumb and I can barely see that far back. Seems he should have had no problem with those bright ass led lights and mirrors on extendo sticks.
[-] The following 6 users Like JB1's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Oldcynic, Pipkunts, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 03:25 AM)JB1 Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 03:14 AM)Pipkunts Wrote:

I am over 6 foot, and I do have extra teeth, but they are on my lower jaw (extra incisors, one of which erupted, one of which is still playing hide and seek). I believe what happened is that the wisdom tooth decayed over the years and as it did it broke into 2 pieces and seperated just enough to allow gum tissue to grow between the 2 pieces. Still tho, its pretty easy to spot and he shouldnt have missed that, it sticks out like a sore thumb and I can barely see that far back. Seems he should have had no problem with those bright ass led lights and mirrors on extendo sticks.
Your tongue knows.
[-] The following 5 users Like Pipkunts's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, JB1, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Don't y'all thinks it's funny that we would never approach a subject like this when we were younger? Now, it is what it is. So we talk about it.

I've had some hard, some bad, some scary and fearful fights in my life but the one that has kicked my ass the most is Time and Gravity. Our yearly trip around the Sun has begun to taste less fruitful and pleasing. Though, there is always that spark of hope that makes us fight on. 

I've pretty much decided to have all mine pulled and implants installed later. I freaking hate the dentist. I just got the wholly burgers from this post.

Good luck @JB1 best wishes.
[-] The following 6 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • MysticPizza, Oldcynic, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Southern Belle, Wingsprint
Like Reply
I’ve actually got extra bones in the back. The surgeon pointed it out to me after they took my wisdom teeth out. They do feel like a piece of tooth but it’s not. Maybe you do, too.
Jackass
[-] The following 3 users Like Hero Protagonist's post:
  • Aquarius, Arkan_Ted, Sami aka Roxi
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 02:52 AM)SlowLoris Wrote: Welcome to the World of Dentistry.
They call it the "Practice" of Dentistry for a reason. V6sRZf4
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 3 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
[Image: ob_b78da1_josef-mengele03.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • Oldcynic, SlowLoris
Like Reply