Disney vs Dish Network....ESPN gone in middle of football season...
Disney vs Dish Network....ESPN gone in middle of football season..

Disney has decided the people who should pay for the failure of streaming media.... you

it is our fault and we should pay for it even if we get nothing...holding the other paying media hostage until we give in....

Ultimately this is the cost of diversity....

Florida taxing them more...forcing the priices at every Disney operation to cost more....

I hate these useless companies,,,

I wish we could somehow unite to force thee compaies to stop the nonsense....

they want to ruin the providers so they have complete control....its sickening....

The Walt Disney Company Forces Channel Blackout for Millions of DISH TV and SLING TV Customers

The Walt Disney Company Forces Channel Blackout for Millions of DISH TV and SLING TV Customers (prnewswire.com)

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct. 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Walt Disney Company today forced a channel blackout on DISH TV and SLING TV, affecting favorites such as ESPN, FX, Disney Channel, Freeform and National Geographic, as well as ABC locals in eight markets. The media conglomerate declined DISH's offer for a contract extension, walked away from the negotiation table and refused to keep its programming accessible for millions of DISH and SLING customers across the United States. The removal of these channels will also have an oversized impact on rural consumers who rely on satellite television as a primary means of entertainment.

"Disney has exploited its market position to increase fees without regard for the public viewing experience," said Brian Neylon, executive vice president and group president, DISH TV. "Clearly, Disney insists on prioritizing greed above American viewers, especially sports fans and families with children who watch their content."

As one of the nation's largest media conglomerates, Disney is more interested in becoming a monopolistic power than providing its programming to viewers under fair terms. Disney plans to spend billions on its direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Disney+ and ESPN+ — platforms not included for DISH and SLING customers.

"We will continue to negotiate to provide the best value for our customers. We want to provide customers with fair rates, reliable service and the freedom of choice to pay for the channels they watch most," added Gary Schanman, executive vice president and group president, SLING TV. "Disney is an important long-term partner for us, and we hope they will be reasonable in their demands so we can reach a fair agreement and bring our customers' channels back as quickly as possible."
[-] The following 3 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • DaJavoo, Dough Dude, Treebeard
Like Reply
(Today, 04:32 AM)Wingsprint Wrote: Disney vs Dish Network....ESPN gone in middle of football season..

Disney has decided the people who should pay for the failure of streaming media.... you

it is our fault and we should pay for it even if we get nothing...holding the other paying media hostage until we give in....

Ultimately this is the cost of diversity....

Florida taxing them more...forcing the priices at every Disney operation to cost more....

I hate these useless companies,,,

I wish we could somehow unite to force thee compaies to stop the nonsense....

they want to ruin the providers so they have complete control....its sickening....

The Walt Disney Company Forces Channel Blackout for Millions of DISH TV and SLING TV Customers

The Walt Disney Company Forces Channel Blackout for Millions of DISH TV and SLING TV Customers (prnewswire.com)

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct. 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Walt Disney Company today forced a channel blackout on DISH TV and SLING TV, affecting favorites such as ESPN, FX, Disney Channel, Freeform and National Geographic, as well as ABC locals in eight markets. The media conglomerate declined DISH's offer for a contract extension, walked away from the negotiation table and refused to keep its programming accessible for millions of DISH and SLING customers across the United States. The removal of these channels will also have an oversized impact on rural consumers who rely on satellite television as a primary means of entertainment.

"Disney has exploited its market position to increase fees without regard for the public viewing experience," said Brian Neylon, executive vice president and group president, DISH TV. "Clearly, Disney insists on prioritizing greed above American viewers, especially sports fans and families with children who watch their content."

As one of the nation's largest media conglomerates, Disney is more interested in becoming a monopolistic power than providing its programming to viewers under fair terms. Disney plans to spend billions on its direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Disney+ and ESPN+ — platforms not included for DISH and SLING customers.

"We will continue to negotiate to provide the best value for our customers. We want to provide customers with fair rates, reliable service and the freedom of choice to pay for the channels they watch most," added Gary Schanman, executive vice president and group president, SLING TV. "Disney is an important long-term partner for us, and we hope they will be reasonable in their demands so we can reach a fair agreement and bring our customers' channels back as quickly as possible."

BOYCOTT has always worked.

ESPN (or a new sports network) etc., will go elsewhere.
[Image: LnNDwC8.png] [Image: NCjbAAr.gif]
Like Reply
So-called "Disney" has become the worst of them all. It is the perfect example of a manipulative mega-corporation that consumed and transformed household-name properties in areas it had nothing to do with, then revamping them and forcing those consumers into its corporate chokehold. It all started when the last Disney family control exited, Roy. Then, the cabal marched in with their operatives and have enjoyed full control since.

They did this to Marvel Comics. Perverted the superheroes, changed the actual characters in an effort to force-feed diversity, and produced horrible comic books nobody buys anymore unless they collect "variant" covers - a scheme to sell more comic books that nobody cares about reading. Then, they moved their best productions because they can produce the best stuff with their money, over to Disney + while totally ignoring traditional broadcast and cable networks. Even the ones they own, so these consumers have to buy Disney + in order to see anything Marvel.

When they bought ESPN, they ruined that also. They are favoring womens sports which most viewers couldn't care less about. When they bought the UFC MMA broadcast rights, they ruined the popularity of UFC by forcing again viewers away from broadcast and cable over into their other streaming arm, ESPN +. When ESPN + was ESPN 3, it was free for those who had ESPN in their package. Now, it's a separate bill. When FOX had the rights to UFC, they would broadcast UFC Fight Night in full every week on FS1 and they would Now, that's all on ESPN + exclusively while the 4 ESPN cable networks you pay for show womens softball or volleyball. This has really hurt the popularity of MMA which took a nosedive over the last couple years. But they don't care. Just like they don't care about Marvel's iconic characters. It all started with they bought and ruined ABC a long time ago.

Having watched closely and been shareholder party to the entire Marvel drama from the 90s corporate raiding and deliberate inside-job bankruptcy after the first acqusition by cabal collegue Ron Perelman, up to Disney acquisition, it is a perfect example of how this group operates in banking and corporate monopolies to collude amongst themseves and transform and re-condition our society into their own image. They operate like a mafia, only selling and dealing with their own. That effort is generational and it is indeed a conspiracy... which is easy for them to operate because they are granted first-dibs access from the fountainhead of fiat money creation. Media monopolies are only one tentacle of that Octopus.
“Judge, if you saw what I saw, you would know why I can’t release them” - President Donald J. Trump to Andrew Napolitano, about the J.F.K. Files.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Treebeard's post:
  • =42
Like Reply
Eff me.  That's what I do ....watch college football on Saturday.    Just checked the guide...none of the ESPN channels are listed

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyoverCountry's post:
  • DaJavoo
Like Reply
Dish network is just as crooked as Disney, all media providers are rotten to the core. Just because charlie ergan says Disney forced a blackout, doesn't mean Disney caused the blackout. Just a couple months ago, dish lost gameshow network and Charlie said game show network forced a blackout, and before that, HBO, viacom, a&e networks, rainbow media/Comcast/amc, and the list goes on....

I'm not saying those content providers are victims either because they arent, I'm just saying I doubt the true story is as one sided as dish paints it out to be. More than likely the real issue is neither of them could decide who gets the bigger cut of the extra money they are about to fleece us(the customer) for.

I've been using sat tv in one form or the other since the early 90s, and the only thing that's changed is the amount owed each month.

I wish Voom was still around. 60 bucks a month got every channel they offered.
When freedom is outlawed only outlawz will remain free.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JB1's post:
  • =42
Like Reply
Don't care. Fuck Disney, ESPN & the NFL.

And also fuck Disney.
[Image: SoZEKF4.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes crunchysuperman's post:
  • JB1
Like Reply