Can you hit a target at 100 meters ?
Seriously ?
100 meters is a little bit over 100 yards for those of you stuck on the Old English system of measure.
Try your skill. In an area where you can shoot a firearm try this - on an 8x11 sheet of paper draw the size of the diameter of a Coffee Cup with a sharpie, then cross hatch the inside of the circle.
Put your target at 100 meters.
Engange with 6 rounds within 10 seconds...
Can you do it ?
I will bet that 3 of the 6 rounds fired will fall outside the circle on a lateral line.......
Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave ...
[-] The following 6 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, JB1, phxsparks, T-Dub, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(11-19-2022, 12:28 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: Seriously ?
100 meters is a little bit over 100 yards for those of you stuck on the Old English system of measure.
Try your skill. In an area where you can shoot a firearm try this - on an 8x11 sheet of paper draw the size of the diameter of a Coffee Cup with a sharpie, then cross hatch the inside of the circle.
Can you do it ?
I will bet that 3 of the 6 rounds fired will fall outside the circle on a lateral line.......
My BAR (.308) only holds 5 rounds but I paint simile faces at 100 yards regularly :)

Not sure about the 10 seconds part, LOL
[-] The following 4 users Like TruthSeeker17's post:
  • JB1, PickleSnout, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Can you do it ?
HAHAHA! You do know that most people think it's Hollywood. I wasn't able to do it but a few times. I think that was luck. 

When I was in the service, the rigs some of the guys had were more than impressive in the capability to hit the mark. 

I went to an Afgan Freedom Fighters recruitment wing ding with my older brother just out of the service in the eighties. (yeah, I'm the baby of the family) These crazy mucks were shooting beer cans off each others shoulders at 40 yards. I've done my share share of "hold my beer and watch this" and paid the medical bills for it but, that was mucking nuts.
[-] The following 6 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • Bananas, FlyoverCountry, JB1, PickleSnout, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Can you do it ?

I can hit 20 oz soda bottles with my .22 magnum revolver 5 out of 8 times all day long. From a rest but I can do it. Chuckle
[-] The following 6 users Like T-Dub's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, FlyoverCountry, JB1, PickleSnout, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
My Ruger MPR with the ACOG is dead nuts at 100.
The DPMS Panther is pretty dialed in a 100 also. I think even my red dot equipped 10/22 could pull that off with decent ammo.

Now, a handgun is a different story. Depends on how much caffeine I've had. I've never been all that excited about handguns. I have a M18 that I've only ran one mag thru. POA is different on every one I own. Glock, CZ, Sig. All very different

Rifle is my preferred tool
[-] The following 5 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Hickory, JB1, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Ok, now that everyone is done bragging, explain why 3 of the 6 shots in 10 seconds will fall on a lateral line ?
[-] The following 3 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • PickleSnout, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
I can hit a target at 100 yards most of the time with a lot of my rifles, some im better with than others. I can stay on paper at a hundred yards with any of my ak's most of the time. To be honest Im best with my 30/30, that thing can put the 2nd round through the same hole as the first at that distance as long as I have a good rest. 

I rarely shoot handguns at that distance and the few times I have is more out of curiosity rather than practice. However, I do a lot of target practice with handguns out to 50 yards and am confident with several of my guns at that range. Years of shooting big bore handguns have left me with no flinch so Im pretty accurate even with even the larger handguns.
Migi, Handle the defense.
[-] The following 5 users Like JB1's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, FlyoverCountry, PickleSnout, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
No one knows ?
No military firearms instructors want to chime in ?
[-] The following 3 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • PickleSnout, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(11-19-2022, 01:32 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: Ok, now that everyone is done bragging, explain why 3 of the 6 shots in 10 seconds will fall on a lateral line ?
Heat expansion.
[-] The following 3 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • SlowLoris, Wing-ed, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(PDF) relikapi | tuhomyhu saxodesypo - Academia.edu
[/url]https://www.academia.edu › relikapi
[url=https://www.academia.edu/7721848/relikapi]

Download Free PDF. paper cover icon ... Grandfather's Tale: The Tale of a German Sniper, Timothy Erenberger , 2001, 0595722148, 9780595722143.
Tim Erenberger is my oldest son ! He wrote the book after I gave him a birthday Mouser about 33 years ago ! Still hoping for a movie deal !! Chuckle
1 of 7000 Reserved
[-] The following 4 users Like Wing-ed's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, FlyoverCountry, Librarian, Wingsprint
Like Reply