Who was the first Pilgrim to eat a (hot) new world pepper ?
A Jalapeno, a Serrano?

"Spitteth, spitteth, oh tis the seed of Satan spitteth that hast wrought fire unto mine mouth spitteth. Spirit to me a flagon of rum to rid me of these evil spirits"
Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave ...
[-] The following 5 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, IDR, phxsparks, Scuffalufacus, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(11-23-2022, 04:22 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: A Jalapeno, a Serrano?

"Spitteth, spitteth, oh tis the seed of Satan spitteth that hast wrought fire unto mine mouth spitteth. Spirit to me a flagon of rum to rid me of these evil spirits"
Two large Jalapenos, One large Serrano deseeded goes in my Pico when I make it. I must be a bit reserved when making it for the ladies. Why? They are the ones that always want it in the fridge. They put it on everything. We are just tools for them to use anyway right?

How the heck do people eat Ghost peppers? Why?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arkan_Ted's post:
  • IDR
Like Reply
Sounds good I have never made the sauce. I buy it from a Mexican lady I know. All I can say is her hot sauce can be used to start a campfire.
Now is the time to get out of the trenches

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
Like Reply
Citrus Fruit and Jalapeños CHANGED The Face of the World In One AMAZING Way.
Scurvy and As Americans We Have Been SAVING British TEETH Since 1492.
Chuckle
Like Reply

Chuckle
“Do or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda
Like Reply
(11-23-2022, 04:56 AM)Arkan_Ted Wrote:

Two large Jalapenos, One large Serrano deseeded goes in my Pico when I make it. I must be a bit reserved when making it for the ladies. Why? They are the ones that always want it in the fridge. They put it on everything. We are just tools for them to use anyway right?

I dehydrate them and grind them into flakes. So good on pasta, and in soups.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scuffalufacus's post:
  • Arkan_Ted
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 12:44 PM)Scuffalufacus Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 04:56 AM)Arkan_Ted Wrote:

I dehydrate them and grind them into flakes. So good on pasta, and in soups.
That's awesome. I love Jalapeno's. I deseed them. I have an issue dealing with the seeds. The next time you make sweet bread for cinnamon rolls or what not, add some fresh Jap's to the filling. You will like it.
Like Reply