We Miss You John (I think)
(11-23-2022, 03:57 PM)DaDa Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 11:58 AM)Aquarius Wrote: JFK is never forgotten in my household.

Candle

Any of you ever ask the question: what was Kennedy going to say when he was assassinated?

REMARKS PREPARED FOR DELIVERY AT THE TRADE MART IN DALLAS, TX, NOVEMBER 22, 1963 [UNDELIVERED]

JFK Library LINK

A fairly standard speech by a President. Most of it concerned military assistance and spending, with some boasting of increased economic output at the end.

Then I did some digging on what Kennedy's plans for Vietnam were... and contrary to what Johnson did after his assassination, Kennedy was actually planning to withdraw US troops and generally leave South Vietnam to its own devices.

I was in the second grade when it happened.

Here is a nice, (long), article from 2003, in the Boston Review.

[Image: kennedy-airplane-web_0.jpg]

Quote:Forty years have passed since November 22, 1963, yet painful mysteries remain. What, at the moment of his death, was John F. Kennedy’s policy toward Vietnam?
It’s one of the big questions, alternately evaded and disputed over four decades of historical writing. It bears on Kennedy’s reputation, of course, though not in an unambiguous way.
And today, larger issues are at stake as the United States faces another indefinite military commitment that might have been avoided and that, perhaps, also cannot be won. The story of Vietnam in 1963 illustrates for us the struggle with policy failure. More deeply, appreciating those distant events tests our capacity as a country to look the reality of our own history in the eye.

LINK to article

I was 23 years old when it happened.
Worked as a secretary in a law office.  

The entire nation was horrified beyond words.  

There are several world events that "I remember where I was and how I reacted" when they happened.
The murder of JFK is one of those.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing.  Pray for our Constitutional Republic!  Pray for President Trump!  
[-] The following 6 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • DaDa, hannah, Oldcynic, Pintaday, Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(11-23-2022, 03:25 PM)SlowLoris Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 09:56 AM)Oldcynic Wrote: Thanks for this @Karu.  I was beginning to think I was in another dimension with the absence of this horrific event in the media.

Not sure why he is forgotten.

Shortly after the tragedy, a major city street in downtown Tampa, Florida was renamed John F. Kennedy Blvd. Signs were erected all along the street. It was a fitting memorial to a fallen President.

In the mid 70's another street just north of the city was renamed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. Signs were erected, spelling out the entire name and title.

Sometime in the mid 70's it was decided that it was necessary to shorten the signs of the downtown street to read Kennedy Blvd. I doubt seriously that even a small fraction of the drivers on that street are aware of why it is named Kennedy Blvd.

In the mean time, the street formerly named Buffalo Ave has very long signs written with the full name and title of Dr Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.

John F. Kennedy is a paragraph in the rarely read history books at the Middle School. He is being erased from the memory of the nation he once served.
Disheartening.  Sad.  I feel this may have to do with his "anti-establishment" rhetoric.  My mother, a staunch conservative, was crying when I got home from school.
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • Sami aka Roxi, SlowLoris
Like Reply
I've been watching this today on the Story Channel (replays from the History channel - no idea why they had to rename it). Johnson was an asshat.

https://www.history.com/24-hours-after
If you're happy and you know it share your meds!
[-] The following 4 users Like hannah's post:
  • DaDa, Karu, Oldcynic, Sami aka Roxi
Like Reply
(11-24-2022, 04:14 PM)hannah Wrote: I've been watching this today on the Story Channel (replays from the History channel - no idea why they had to rename it).  Johnson was an asshat.

Yes indeed!  A real crook!

Major Asshat, SIR!

"If we pass this bill, them ni**ers will be voting for us for the next hundred years."
[-] The following 3 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • DaDa, hannah, Karu
Like Reply
(11-24-2022, 04:29 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 04:14 PM)hannah Wrote: I've been watching this today on the Story Channel (replays from the History channel - no idea why they had to rename it).  Johnson was an asshat.

Major Asshat, SIR!

"If we pass this bill, them ni**ers will be voting for us for the next hundred years."

It's MA'AM!!! Chuckle

[Image: 21xmgFd.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like hannah's post:
  • Oldcynic, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(11-24-2022, 04:39 PM)hannah Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 04:29 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:

Major Asshat, SIR!

It's MA'AM!!!  Chuckle

[Image: 21xmgFd.gif]
Jptdknpa Actually, that was addressed to LBJ himself, ma'am. Heartflowers
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldcynic's post:
  • hannah, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(11-23-2022, 03:57 PM)DaDa Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 11:58 AM)Aquarius Wrote: JFK is never forgotten in my household.

Candle

Any of you ever ask the question: what was Kennedy going to say when he was assassinated?

REMARKS PREPARED FOR DELIVERY AT THE TRADE MART IN DALLAS, TX, NOVEMBER 22, 1963 [UNDELIVERED]

JFK Library LINK

A fairly standard speech by a President. Most of it concerned military assistance and spending, with some boasting of increased economic output at the end.

Then I did some digging on what Kennedy's plans for Vietnam were... and contrary to what Johnson did after his assassination, Kennedy was actually planning to withdraw US troops and generally leave South Vietnam to its own devices.

I was in the second grade when it happened.

Here is a nice, (long), article from 2003, in the Boston Review.

[Image: kennedy-airplane-web_0.jpg]

Quote:Forty years have passed since November 22, 1963, yet painful mysteries remain. What, at the moment of his death, was John F. Kennedy’s policy toward Vietnam?
It’s one of the big questions, alternately evaded and disputed over four decades of historical writing. It bears on Kennedy’s reputation, of course, though not in an unambiguous way.
And today, larger issues are at stake as the United States faces another indefinite military commitment that might have been avoided and that, perhaps, also cannot be won. The story of Vietnam in 1963 illustrates for us the struggle with policy failure. More deeply, appreciating those distant events tests our capacity as a country to look the reality of our own history in the eye.

LINK to article
Lbj had just the equipment to profit from Vietnam.
[Image: VSZwaWQ9QXBp]

His wife had a nice contract with them.
[-] The following 3 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • hannah, Oldcynic, SlowLoris
Like Reply
In the wee hours of the morning tuned in again to the Story Channel.  Fascinating 1 hour on findings in the declassified documents (released in 2016) and the 'host' was a man named Bob Baer (ex FBI or CIA).

LOTS of dot-connecting regarding Oswald's trip to Mexico meeting with a KGB agent (name was given, but I forget).  The 'official' findings of the Warren Report were that LHO traveled alone to Mexico for a vacation.  Nope, traveled with someone referred to as 'El Mexicano' (double agent for Cuba).  Who's real identity was revealed in subsequent released documents (which I don't recall either).  Feelings were that this El Mexicano was possibly the actual assassin.  He had been (again, someone the US gov't KNEW about for years) in San Diego weeks prior to the assassination.

And, a memo from Hoover to the branch that they we have to convince the public that LHO acted alone.  They surmised this was an attempt to avoid war with Russia/Cuba. 

We've felt for a long time that LHO was a patsy, but by this discovery it looks like for the Cuban/Russian governments.  Imagine if he wasn't shot (definite hit) outside the police station?  Imagine what he might have dumped?

I recall when Trump was ready to release the docs, and we anxiously anticipated that release with discussions in the Q thread, but I don't recall any dissection of the docs after all the anticipation, and I don't recall a separate thread about it.

@Hickory Any recollection?

Edit to add: I also learned from this show that the file where they keep tabs on 'people of interest', via personal info, incriminating info, movement, etc is called a '201'. Haven't heard that before!
  • DaDa, Oldcynic
Like Reply
Funny thing @hannah, I had a couple of videos "appear" in my YouTube feed this morning and it just seems, to me, this is some kind of soft disclosure, maybe. I'll link them both, with a summary, if anyone wants their "mind blown". Just realized that sounds like a terribly bad pun, but anyway, here goes.
Quote:Actor Richard Belzer talks about "Hit List" May 6, 2013  at the National Press Club. The book is billed as an in-depth investigation into what some see as the mysterious deaths of people linked to the President John F. Kennedy assassination story. Belzer describes the assassination as the "greatest murder mystery" of all time" - linking the deaths of fifty people, including columnist Dorothy Kilgallen, U2 pilot Gary Powers and Jack Ruby, the man who killed Lee Harvey Oswald. Belzer also presents evidence supporting the theory that there were two Lee Harvey Oswalds and how his death was set in motion by the FBI, the CIA, and the Mob. Belzer insists there is a timeline and there are witnesses who have proved that Oswald never fired a shot the day the president was killed in Dallas.

Mysterious Death of Reporter Dorothy Kilgallen & the JFK Assassination

Quote:Author and former criminal defense attorney, Mark Shaw, speaks about his book "The Reporter Who Knew Too Much" and its follow-up, "Denial of Justice." Each chronicle not only his 12 years of research but most importantly, the life and times and mysterious death of What's My Line? TV star and crack investigative reporter Dorothy Kilgallen and her 18-month investigation of the Dallas tragedies which included being the only reporter to interview Jack Ruby at his trial. Shaw also discusses his controversial exposure of the most important JFK assassination documents in history, the Jack Ruby trial transcripts.

[-] The following 2 users Like DaDa's post:
  • hannah, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(11-25-2022, 12:56 PM)DaDa Wrote: Funny thing @hannah, I had a couple of videos "appear" in my YouTube feed this morning and it just seems, to me, this is some kind of soft disclosure, maybe. I'll link them both, with a summary, if anyone wants their "mind blown". Just realized that sounds like a terribly bad pun, but anyway, here goes.
Quote:Actor Richard Belzer talks about "Hit List" May 6, 2013  at the National Press Club. The book is billed as an in-depth investigation into what some see as the mysterious deaths of people linked to the President John F. Kennedy assassination story. Belzer describes the assassination as the "greatest murder mystery" of all time" - linking the deaths of fifty people, including columnist Dorothy Kilgallen, U2 pilot Gary Powers and Jack Ruby, the man who killed Lee Harvey Oswald. Belzer also presents evidence supporting the theory that there were two Lee Harvey Oswalds and how his death was set in motion by the FBI, the CIA, and the Mob. Belzer insists there is a timeline and there are witnesses who have proved that Oswald never fired a shot the day the president was killed in Dallas.

Mysterious Death of Reporter Dorothy Kilgallen & the JFK Assassination

Quote:Author and former criminal defense attorney, Mark Shaw, speaks about his book "The Reporter Who Knew Too Much" and its follow-up, "Denial of Justice." Each chronicle not only his 12 years of research but most importantly, the life and times and mysterious death of What's My Line? TV star and crack investigative reporter Dorothy Kilgallen and her 18-month investigation of the Dallas tragedies which included being the only reporter to interview Jack Ruby at his trial. Shaw also discusses his controversial exposure of the most important JFK assassination documents in history, the Jack Ruby trial transcripts.

Thank you for the links! I'll check them out after I come out of my Thanksgiving coma. Chuckle
  • DaDa, Oldcynic
Like Reply