Why we hate....
Anyone watched this show? Was hoping it would actually have promise but basically follows the same doctrine of all self guilt propaganda. Shouldn't be surprised Spielberg is involved with it. Every chance they get...they go back to Hitler and zee juden. Big let down, not surprised.
[-] Liked by:
  • Aquarius, Kamchatka, Pure Rock Fury, TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply
That is a pretty recent example and horrible, so I am not surprised they trot it about so often.
I didn't get to see the show you are talking about.

Thinking of another example, are european footballers.
Young strong men are behind their team and will battle over it, absolutely hating the other team, which may be fine fellows in real life. It is a strong belief construct that leads to violence without ..any reason, really.

Perhaps there is a need for young strong men to battle, and we ignore it as a society. This is why gaming is so popular, because at least there is an outlet.
I like matial arts for that, since you get the physical, AND mental training which will benefit you all your days.

Hate is not unique to men.
Women can hate and be more passive-aggressive socially.
Or in a waffle house, it can be just as much a battle royale.

For me hate is triggered by those who harm children. Ham
I admit strong beliefs and feelings on the subject, and would likely do harm to someone should it occur in my view.

I suppose hate is triggered by those who take any action against your belief construct.
Which is why religious war is part of the human experience since the beginning of time.
Heartflowers
Like Reply
Excellent post @PickleSnout
[Image: 49YN3EN.png] Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas and an extraordinary New Year!

"If wiretapping a political opponent is an impeachable offense, I look forward to reading the inspector generals report because maybe it is a different president that we should be impeaching!"-Rep Matt Gaetz
Like Reply
IMHO, I don't think we can have a world like our current one without Hate. If it has a complete opposite, it might be Love or even something else.
Hate, like the other dark emotions gifted to mankind, has a purpose. These dark emotions serve to bring us gratitude for the better more beautiful emotions we are also gifted.

Without the darkness we don't appreciate the light...of course, our world gets unbalanced from time to time and it requires the balance to be restored.

And I do agree that men, and women, or mankind as I still referring to us as, are natural warriors. When pushed we defend our tribes and our circle of loved ones. Even the 'passive' ones will ultimately fight when provoked. They may not all pick up a sword, but they pick up a pen or a picket sign and wage war in their own way.

Then of course we have the psychopaths among us...the people who enjoy killing more than creating. And this group may include people who like provoking others to fight and to hate.

Heartflowers
[Image: 49YN3EN.png] Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas and an extraordinary New Year!

"If wiretapping a political opponent is an impeachable offense, I look forward to reading the inspector generals report because maybe it is a different president that we should be impeaching!"-Rep Matt Gaetz
[-] Liked by:
  • Aquarius, CSB, Oldcynic, PickleSnout, TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply
@PickleSnout I was rarely out without getting into some kind of scuffle when I was younger.  I'm fairly big and someone always wants to challenge the biggest guy in the group.  

You're right about young men wanting to test their limits.  Learn to fight or get your ass kicked.  Most fights I was in was with my girl hanging on my back yelling "you're going to kill him". 
Lmao

It's much harder to fight with a 120lb backpack screaming in your ear
(12-04-2019, 01:39 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote: IMHO, I don't think we can have a world like our current one without Hate.  If it has a complete opposite, it might be Love or even something else.
Hate, like the other dark emotions gifted to mankind, has a purpose.  These dark emotions serve to bring us gratitude for the better more beautiful emotions we are also gifted.

Without the darkness we don't appreciate the light...of course, our world gets unbalanced from time to time and it requires the balance to be restored.

And I do agree that men, and women, or mankind as I still referring to us as, are natural warriors. When pushed we defend our tribes and our circle of loved ones.  Even the 'passive' ones will ultimately fight when provoked. They may not all pick up a sword, but they pick up a pen or a picket sign and wage war in their own way.

Then of course we have the psychopaths among us...the people who enjoy killing more than creating.  And this group may include people who like provoking others to fight and to hate. 

Heartflowers
I listened to an interview with a woman who died, crossed over and returned.  She claimed that the constant bliss and fulfillment was almost agonizing
(12-04-2019, 11:44 AM)atabrigade Wrote: Anyone watched this show? Was hoping it would actually have promise but basically follows the same doctrine of all self guilt propaganda. Shouldn't be surprised Spielberg is involved with it. Every chance they get...they go back to Hitler and zee juden. Big let down, not surprised.

They are doing a show on why we hate?  Scratchinghead

Seems to me that anyone who has some Common Sense and Introspection could figure that out on their own.

And contrary to popular belief, "hate" is not the opposite of "love:.
The opposite of Love is Indifference.  

I haven't given a lot of thought to "why we hate", so would have to spend some time thinking about that before I could give a coherent answer/opinion on the subject.  But off the top of my head, I would say we Hate because of an injustice done to us or someone dear to us.

edit:  Or a perceived injustice done to us.
Heavenly Father, please keep President Donald Trump and his family safe and protected, along with all the Patriots who are working with him and for him.  Protect and Nurture our Nation, and help us through these turbulent times.  We ask this in the Name of Christ.  Amen. 
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 01:52 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 01:39 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote: IMHO, I don't think we can have a world like our current one without Hate.  If it has a complete opposite, it might be Love or even something else.
Hate, like the other dark emotions gifted to mankind, has a purpose.  These dark emotions serve to bring us gratitude for the better more beautiful emotions we are also gifted.

And I do agree that men, and women, or mankind as I still referring to us as, are natural warriors. When pushed we defend our tribes and our circle of loved ones.  Even the 'passive' ones will ultimately fight when provoked. They may not all pick up a sword, but they pick up a pen or a picket sign and wage war in their own way.

Then of course we have the psychopaths among us...the people who enjoy killing more than creating.  And this group may include people who like provoking others to fight and to hate. 

Heartflowers
I listened to an interview with a woman who died, crossed over and returned.  She claimed that the constant bliss and fulfillment was almost agonizing

Well, she is going to just love the other place I visited.
The soul crushing feeling of abandonment, desolation and suffering sounds right up her alley.

Chuckle

[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Oldcynic, PickleSnout
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 01:52 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: I listened to an interview with a woman who died, crossed over and returned.  She claimed that the constant bliss and fulfillment was almost agonizing

I've read that too.

It's all a matter of frequencies.

If we don't raise our frequencies during this Earth Life, "going into the Light" is too overwhelming to bear.  

Heartflowers
Heavenly Father, please keep President Donald Trump and his family safe and protected, along with all the Patriots who are working with him and for him.  Protect and Nurture our Nation, and help us through these turbulent times.  We ask this in the Name of Christ.  Amen. 
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Oldcynic, PickleSnout
Like Reply
Quote:Eggheads cursin', rednecks cussin'
Hippies for their hair
Others laugh at straights who laugh at
Freaks who laugh at square
Some folks hate the Whites
Who hate the Blacks who hate the Klan
Most of us hate anything that
We don't understand
Kris Kristofferson  "Jesus was a Capricorn."

https://youtu.be/yCdfYkUPvTs
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] Liked by:
  • CSB, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply