423 Million Guns in America, 8.1 Billion Rounds Per Year
ATF: 423M guns in America, 1.2 per person, 8.1B rounds of ammunition a year
by Paul Bedard
 | December 04, 2019 09:43 AM

America’s love affair with guns is only getting stronger.

New federal data shows that there are 422.9 million firearms in circulation, or about 1.2 guns for every person in the country.
What’s more, despite years of criticism of modern “assault-style” rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, there are a record 17.7 million in private hands, proving that it is the most popular gun around.
And last year alone, the arms industry produced 8.1 billion rounds of ammunition.
The figures are from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and were crunched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the gun industry trade group.

“These figures show the industry that America has a strong desire to continue to purchase firearms for lawful purposes,” ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washi...mmo-a-year

@Catch @RedAuroras
"Don't try to Out-Smart me, I'm in College!"

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 04:10 PM)Max Gravity Wrote: ATF: 423M guns in America, 1.2 per person, 8.1B rounds of ammunition a year
by Paul Bedard
 | December 04, 2019 09:43 AM

America’s love affair with guns is only getting stronger.

New federal data shows that there are 422.9 million firearms in circulation, or about 1.2 guns for every person in the country.
What’s more, despite years of criticism of modern “assault-style” rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, there are a record 17.7 million in private hands, proving that it is the most popular gun around.
And last year alone, the arms industry produced 8.1 billion rounds of ammunition.
The figures are from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and were crunched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the gun industry trade group.

“These figures show the industry that America has a strong desire to continue to purchase firearms for lawful purposes,” ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washi...mmo-a-year
Jptdknpa

Molon Labe mutherfuckers
1.2 per person.
Yippee! I’m finally above average at something.
(12-04-2019, 04:33 PM)Capnron Wrote: 1.2 per person.
There's a lot of people who have none apparently.  Guns and tater chips ...can't have just one
(12-04-2019, 04:35 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 04:33 PM)Capnron Wrote: 1.2 per person.
There's a lot of people who have none apparently.  Guns and tater chips ...can't have just one

Locally, only the cops and MS13 are allowed to have guns. Everyone else is at the mercy of those two similar groups.

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
Of the approx 326 million people in this country i would imagine 250 million of us have guns.
Like Reply
1.8 Billion rounds of ammo...bought at the store. They'd crap their pants if they added in the ammo of people who make their own.

Chuckle
[Image: 49YN3EN.png] Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas and an extraordinary New Year!

"If wiretapping a political opponent is an impeachable offense, I look forward to reading the inspector generals report because maybe it is a different president that we should be impeaching!"-Rep Matt Gaetz
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 05:15 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote: 1.8 Billion rounds of ammo...bought at the store.  They'd crap their pants if they added in the ammo of people who make their own.

Chuckle

That's just per year. Think about the people who buy it cheap and stack it deep so to speak, for years.

Not that I know anyone like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Chuckle
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 05:15 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote: 1.8 Billion rounds of ammo...bought at the store.  They'd crap their pants if they added in the ammo of people who make their own.

Chuckle
Hell, I've got 2800 rounds of a specific load geared to a specific rifle, sighted in to zero at a specific range.

Load, firearm, and zero yardage never change.
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 05:18 PM)T-Dub Wrote:

Chuckle

That's just per year. Think about the people who buy it cheap and stack it deep so to speak, for years.

Not that I know anyone like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Chuckle

Reinforced, buried, Conex Boxes are said to be popular with folks in the California Sierra Foothills. Just what I've heard..

These are people, who quit buying gold and silver and invested in NATO Ammo.. So I'm told.

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • bigD111, Deplorably-Nameless, Pope Trollalittle, T-Dub
Like Reply