423 Million Guns in America, 8.1 Billion Rounds Per Year
I bet that number is low. Guns last a long time, ya know! Chuckle
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, FlyoverCountry, LucyBarnable, Max Gravity, T-Dub, WNC
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 05:53 PM)last one Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 05:15 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote: 1.8 Billion rounds of ammo...bought at the store.  They'd crap their pants if they added in the ammo of people who make their own.

Chuckle
Hell, I've got 2800 rounds of a specific load geared to a specific rifle, sighted in to zero at a specific range.

Load, firearm, and zero yardage never change.

My .223/5.56 loads are whatever I can get cheap. Brass loads are for saving, Wolf steel cased are for shooting.

My Mini-14 isn't accurate enough to tell the difference.

I need an AR,,,,,,,,,,
[-] Liked by:
  • bigD111, last one, Max Gravity
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 06:00 PM)bigD111 Wrote: I bet that number is low.  Guns last a long time, ya know!  Chuckle

Right, thats just what they know about.
[-] Liked by:
  • bigD111, Deplorably-Nameless, Max Gravity, rikster111, WNC
Like Reply
I am ready to defend the ranch if it ever comes to that! Well stocked!
[-] Liked by:
  • Max Gravity, T-Dub, WNC
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 06:02 PM)T-Dub Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 06:00 PM)bigD111 Wrote: I bet that number is low.  Guns last a long time, ya know!  Chuckle

Right, thats just what they know about.
There's a lot of old Model 12s and similar that grand dads owned before NCIS
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 06:01 PM)T-Dub Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 05:53 PM)last one Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 05:15 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote: 1.8 Billion rounds of ammo...bought at the store.  They'd crap their pants if they added in the ammo of people who make their own.

Chuckle
Hell, I've got 2800 rounds of a specific load geared to a specific rifle, sighted in to zero at a specific range.

Load, firearm, and zero yardage never change.

My .223/5.56 loads are whatever I can get cheap. Brass loads are for saving, Wolf steel cased are for shooting.

My Mini-14 isn't accurate enough to tell the difference.

I need an AR,,,,,,,,,,
I also buy ammo at good prices for many of my weapons.  The only reason for my hand load, firearm, and zero is because the weapon is tasked to do a specific job at a specific range.  One and only function.
[-] Liked by:
  • bigD111, FlyoverCountry, Max Gravity, phxsparks, T-Dub, WNC
Like Reply
Just saw this yesterday..... very pleased.  

Quote:High School Shooting Teams Are Getting Wildly Popular

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/lo...3famp=true

Archery too is becoming very popular.  My kids high school has an archery team.... not sure if they have a shooting team.
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Hero Protagonist, LucyBarnable, Max Gravity, T-Dub, WNC
Like Reply
Good news except the number the ATF has thrown out only covers the weapons that have been sold through their background check system.

All they can report on is what has been reported to them. Chuckle

There could be another 500 million or more weapons that the gov knows nothing about.

Grandpa's six gun, his Winchester rifle and what about those 3 shotguns the family owns?

So here in the U.S. it is reasonable to estimate that there are 1 billion guns in the hands of private owners.

Try confiscating that! V6sRZf4
"In any age, the so-called progressives treat politics as their religion.  Their holy mission is to use the coercive power of the State to remake man and society in their own image, according to an abstract ideal of perfection.  Whatever means they use are therefore justified because, by definition, they are a virtuous people pursing a deific end."

Quote: U.S. Attorney General William Barr  11/15/19
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Librarian, LucyBarnable, rikster111, WNC
Like Reply