Your best Christmas gift ever
Santa left me a brick of 22lr and a Marlin Model 60.  I still have that rifle.  I bet I put 20k rounds thru it before I was out of high school. 

[Image: wCazHDY.jpg]

Also got a sweet purple and silver bike when I was about 5.
Yep, I killed a lot of squirrels and rabbits with that gun. It was also in my truck at high school.
  • Apache54, Debauchery, FlyoverCountry, Highlander, sevenx, snowglobe, T-Dub
Like Reply
I was 7.  The neighbors had him and brought him over in a big box they left under the tree, while we were at church.  He was so black when my dad got the box open I thought it was empty.  My mom told me to feel around inside and a tiny warm tongue licked my hand!!  My first LOVE! 

[Image: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaw...che=738266]

Since he was a Poodle, Dad wanted to toughen him up a bit so he named him Riff Raff  Chuckle  To me he was always Riffey, my very best friend who went everywhere with me, including sleeping in my bed!!  Best gift an only child could ever have!
My parents had a bad year financially, and we knew about it. 

Christmas morning there was one HUGE parcel for each of us under the tree. When we opened them they were filled with balls of yarn in our favorite colors. We got to pick the pattern and before the end of January Mom had knit all three of us a sweater in our favorite colors. 

We had an outstanding Christmas meal as well. Cookies included.
No one can resist the truth wrapped in a good joke. ~ Yarrrr!
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 07:48 PM)SouthernBelle Wrote: [Image: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaw...che=738266]

I was 7.  The neighbors had him and brought him over in a big box they left under the tree, while we were at church.  He was so black when my dad got the box open I thought it was empty.  My mom told me to feel around inside and a tiny warm tongue licked my hand!!  My first LOVE! 

Since he was a Poodle, Dad wanted to toughen him up a bit so he named him Riff Raff  Chuckle  To me he was always Riffey, my very best friend who went everywhere with me, including sleeping in my bed!!  Best gift an only child could ever have!
He's beautiful.  Looks so cuddly
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 07:34 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: Santa left me a brick of 22lr and a Marlin Model 60.  I still have that rifle.  I bet I put 20k rounds thru it before I was out of high school. 

I still have the Western Auto (a Marlin mod 75 with the WA name) I got when I was 12. Many a rabbit went into the stew pot thanks to that rifle.
I need to refinish it - it looks like hell but I've always kept it clean.
I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask.
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, BirdLady2, FlyoverCountry, Highlander, Sassy, SouthernBelle, T-Dub
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 08:01 PM)snowglobe Wrote: My parents had a bad year financially, and we knew about it. 

Christmas morning there was one HUGE parcel for each of us under the tree. When we opened them they were filled with balls of yarn in our favorite colors. We got to pick the pattern and before the end of January she had knit all three of us a sweater in our favorite colors. 

We had an outstanding Christmas meal as well. Cookies included.
Hugs

https://youtu.be/c1zJzr-kWsI
(12-04-2019, 08:02 PM)Grendelmort Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 07:34 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: Santa left me a brick of 22lr and a Marlin Model 60.  I still have that rifle.  I bet I put 20k rounds thru it before I was out of high school. 

I still have the Western Auto (a Marlin mod 75 with the WA name) I got when I was 12. Many a rabbit went into the stew pot thanks to that rifle.
I need to refinish it - it looks like hell but I've always kept it clean.
The dang thing just works. Mine works best when it's filthy
Like Reply
I got 2 pair of left footed socks...
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, FlyoverCountry, Sassy, snowglobe, ~mc~
Like Reply
(12-04-2019, 08:15 PM)Commandante_Frio Wrote: I got 2 pair of left footed socks...
It's the thought that counts.

Chuckle
Like Reply