Something big going down in Kansas
State Legislators in Kansas Put on NATIONAL GUARD BUSES and taken to Military Base for DHS "Security Briefing"

House members were ALLEGEDLY given "an overview of homeland security in Kansas" [b]including information applicable to the security of the state and its citizens.[/b]

[b]This description is not accurate.  Sources in Kansas are saying the "briefing" was a "life-altering" event which "utterly horrified" attendees.[/b]

Link
Like Reply
This might have been posted already, but I couldn't find it in Search, and I haven't had much time to be on lately.

The comments are telling
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Cedar, Martini and Cigar, snowglobe, ~mc~
Like Reply
Hal Turner . . . . .

I know even Sonny Barger has been an FBI Confidential Informer at least once , but Hal . . . I have a little bit more intimate knowledge of .

I just can ' t shake suspicion of that Guy .

But the Deputy Attorney General suggesting the presentations should have been presented in such a way as to prevent FOIA Requests . . . That ' s telling . And shows a Political Mind at work .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, bigD111, Cedar, Pure Rock Fury, Scuffalufacus
Like Reply
Tell me more!
Popnana
DHS briefs Kansas lawmakers on business, agriculture threats

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Foreign governments are trying to get proprietary information about Kansas business and agricultural assets, state legislators heard Tuesday in extraordinary, secret briefings with a U.S. Department of Homeland Security official, according to participants.

Lawmakers who attended one of the unclassified briefings also said they were warned to be careful about opening emails from foreign sources. But they also said they did not hear about immediate threats.

“We need to be careful in responding to people because everyone's looking for an in, some way, somehow,” said state Rep. Jim Gartner, a Topeka Democrat who attended the first briefing. “That was the gist of it.”

Legislators saw the briefings as highly unusual because they were conducted on a former Air Force base south of Topeka. Lawmakers were required to ride to the site in unmarked and whitewashed National Guard buses, with lawmakers assigned to specific buses. Staffers and reporters were not allowed to go.

[SNIP]

Emler's letter said only that the briefings concerned issues that legislators “may encounter in the course of their official duties.”

Carmichael said: “They told us, of course, that they don't want us telling the press what was said there, that it's none of the press' business."

READ MORE:  https://news.yahoo.com/dhs-gives-kansas-...36788.html
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, bigD111, Capnron, Cedar, Scuffalufacus, WNC
Like Reply
(01-16-2020, 06:37 AM)Capnron Wrote: Tell me more!
Popnana

Me ? . . . Just in case :

Southern Perverty Law Center has a condensed bit . Don ' t put much stock in Their " View " , even tho most all of My ol ' time Compatriots are listed there .

Guess I ' m just Butt Hurt for not even pulling a Dishonorable Mention . . . 1dunno1

About Hal Turner

At the same time, he worked as an informant for the FBI between 2003 and 2007, providing information on white supremacist groups for the same government he frequently railed against. On his radio show, Turner has ranted about "bull-dyke lesbians," "savage Negro beasts," "faggots," and even joked about a "portable Nagger lyncher" machine. He has a nasty history of threatening political enemies, saying that they deserve to be killed and posting their addresses online. That practice caught up to him in August 2010, when he was convicted of threatening to assault and murder three federal judges. Jurors' confusion about his FBI role seems to have been behind two earlier mistrials.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/...hal-turner

On Sonny . . . He ' ll do anything for a Brother .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, bigD111, Scuffalufacus
Like Reply
(01-16-2020, 06:29 AM)Heir Wrote: Hal Turner . . . . .

I know even Sonny Barger has been an FBI Confidential Informer at least once , but Hal . . . I have a little bit more intimate knowledge of .

I just can ' t shake suspicion of that Guy .

But the Deputy Attorney General suggesting the presentations should have been presented in such a way as to prevent FOIA Requests . . . That ' s telling . And shows a Political Mind at work .

Funny you mention Sonny B. I know Sonny B. lol
[-] Liked by:
  • bigD111, Heir, Scuffalufacus, TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply
"Foreign governments are trying to get proprietary information about Kansas business and agricultural assets, state legislators heard Tuesday in extraordinary, secret briefings with a U.S. Department of Homeland Security official, according to participants." YahooNews

Bit of an exaggerated response, in my opinion. Plus, consider the source.
[Image: XhIy8dz.jpg][Image: OGlXtJa.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • bigD111, WNC
Like Reply
I posted it in the CnB thread.  Locally they're saying it was a briefing on cybersecurity but why would everyone in the legislature need to be bussed to Forbes for a briefing?  

There's been a little discussion about it amongst the few people here that actually pay attention to things but it's been more of a curiosity than concern.

[b]TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- [/b]Lawmakers at the Kansas Statehouse have cancelled all Tuesday afternoon meetings for a security briefing from the Department of Homeland Security.
According to sources, speaker Ron Ryckman has cancelled all afternoon committee meetings so lawmakers can load a bus and be shuttled to Forbes Field inside the 190th Air Refueling Wing’s portion of the airfield.
A spokesperson for the Adjutant General's department says Adjutant General Maj. Gen. Lee Tafanelli presented the briefing at the request of Gov. Laura Kelly.
House members were given an overview of homeland security in Kansas, including information applicable to the security of the state and its citizens.
A lawmaker told 13 News the meeting focused on staying wary of best practices to avoid potential cyber security threats with a foreign country.
The Adjutant General spokesperson writes "understanding the nature of these issues will increase awareness and prevent potential security missteps."

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/Kan-La...77251.html

This is the local version of events

Keep your soul clean and your boots dirty 

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • Sassy, TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply
(01-16-2020, 10:54 AM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: I posted it in the CnB thread.  Locally they're saying it was a briefing on cybersecurity but why would everyone in the legislature need to be bussed to Forbes for a briefing?  

There's been a little discussion about it amongst the few people here that actually pay attention to things but it's been more of a curiosity than concern.

[b]TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- [/b]Lawmakers at the Kansas Statehouse have cancelled all Tuesday afternoon meetings for a security briefing from the Department of Homeland Security.
According to sources, speaker Ron Ryckman has cancelled all afternoon committee meetings so lawmakers can load a bus and be shuttled to Forbes Field inside the 190th Air Refueling Wing’s portion of the airfield.
A spokesperson for the Adjutant General's department says Adjutant General Maj. Gen. Lee Tafanelli presented the briefing at the request of Gov. Laura Kelly.
House members were given an overview of homeland security in Kansas, including information applicable to the security of the state and its citizens.
A lawmaker told 13 News the meeting focused on staying wary of best practices to avoid potential cyber security threats with a foreign country.
The Adjutant General spokesperson writes "understanding the nature of these issues will increase awareness and prevent potential security missteps."

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/Kan-La...77251.html
Why would an entire state legislation be segregated by political affiliation, shipped, and given a confidential report on something that everyone knows has been happening everywhere for at least the last 10 years? DNC and cloudstrike, anyone? The Obama administration saw a spike in Chinese cybernetic attacks all over the States.  This is akin to fireproofing the house AFTER its burned down.

However, considering all that, why is it being made a big deal of? Makes me think someone wants to DISTRACT with this from something else...just my two cents.
[Image: XhIy8dz.jpg][Image: OGlXtJa.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Heir, Hero Protagonist, John, Pintaday, Scuffalufacus
Like Reply