☯ * I've Noticed A Very Low Ban Rate Here On This Forum
☯ * I've Noticed A Very Low Ban Rate Here On This Forum:

Kudos to you guys and this place for such a monumental task!  Heartflowers

However, I've noticed that the four who were banned all have an N/A, Nonapplicable/Not Applicable unban date.

I also realized that one member was banned per request and the others for obviously not following the 'Terms of Service.'

Just a suggestion, though, and instead of issuing those Perma bans, might a warning ban similar to being banned for 30 days suffice?

Even for the banned per request since that individual may have regretted their requested decision after having time to reconsider.

Now, of course, I don't know all the details as to why the others were banned, and they may very well have been an ongoing problem all along. Maybe even before on the fringe forum before coming here.

That said, and since things seem much more relaxed end easy-going here, I felt much more comfortable in questioning, commenting and even more so, complimenting as well!

Heartflowers ~cm

ps. Thanks for staying out of the way while freely allowing members to post their deepest thoughts without any fear of retribution!
[-] The following 17 users Like =cm='s post:
  • , Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, Arkan_Ted, bigD111, BirdLady2, Capnron, Catch, Cedar, Commandante_Frio, Debauchery, DeepSouthLady, K1ll_R06U3, LucyBarnable, Oldcynic, phxsparks, ViveLaVida
(01-20-2020, 12:23 PM)CrypticMole Wrote: ☯ * I've Noticed A Very Low Ban Rate Here On This Forum:

However, I've noticed that the four who were banned all have an N/A, Nonapplicable/Not Applicable unban date.

I also realized that one member was banned per request and the others for obviously not following the 'Terms of Service.'

Just a suggestion, though, and instead of issuing those Perma bans, might a warning ban similar to being banned for 30 days suffice?

Even for the banned per request since that individual may have regretted their requested decision after having time to reconsider.

Now, of course, I don't know all the details as to why the others were banned, and they may very well have been an ongoing problem all along. Maybe even before on the fringe forum before coming here.

That said, and since things seem much more relaxed end easy-going here, I felt much more comfortable in questioning, commenting and even more so, complimenting as well!

Heartflowers ~cm

ps. Thanks for staying out of the way while freely allowing members to post their deepest thoughts without any fear of retribution!

The 3 you mentioned posted here intentionally to troll/cause issues. Immature shit to be honest. They can go post their nonsense at AE if they wish, but not here.

I have zero tolerance for morons.
If you have to fight, fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noahs Ark. And brother, its starting to rain...
(01-20-2020, 12:25 PM)Catch Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 12:23 PM)CrypticMole Wrote: ☯ * I've Noticed A Very Low Ban Rate Here On This Forum:

Heartflowers ~cm

The 3 you mentioned posted here intentionally to troll/cause issues. Immature shit to be honest. They go post their nonsense at AE if they wish, but not here.

Thanks for your straight forward and honest answer!  Heartflowers
[-] The following 10 users Like =cm='s post:
  • , Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, bigD111, Catch, Cedar, Debauchery, LucyBarnable, WhiteAngel, WNC
There is a seven day 'cool off' period for anyone requesting a ban and account deletion. One of us will be there to make sure this is what they want and to help fix anything that might need fixing. They aren't IP banned and can make another account down the road. Thew we have banned went for full retard, a 30 day ban wouldn't have helped Eyeroll
Heartflowers
She became the abyss~Nova Rockaeller
[-] The following 14 users Like MysticPizza's post:
  • =cm=, Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, Aquarius, bigD111, Cedar, Dangerously Nameless, Debauchery, K1ll_R06U3, LucyBarnable, mountain man, Skyrison, SlowLoris, WNC
You really have to pile the Stupid on top of the Stupid and frost that Stupid Cake with more Stupid to even get a day off ban around here.

We try very hard to work with everyone in order to handle the issues that come up. We want to make their experience here something they want to repeat. Open door policy for everyone to discuss whatever issues with the site, the others, or us at any time they feel the need to voice their complaints.

Despite rumors to the contrary, we do very little moderating of our members. Not much gets deleted, and half of what does is double posts or by user request.

We will step in if things go too far sideways, but we work under the assumption that y'all are at least moderately intelligent and responsible adults who can figure out on your own if something crosses a line or not.

I do know the joke about 'assume'. We do it anyway. Chuckle
BTF literary corner.

A place for the written word in all of its magnificent forms.
[-] The following 15 users Like Angry_Red_Man's post:
  • =cm=, Apache54, Aquarius, bigD111, Capnron, Catch, Dangerously Nameless, Debauchery, FlyoverCountry, LucyBarnable, MysticPizza, sevenx, WhiteAngel, WNC, ~mc~
(01-20-2020, 12:43 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: There is a seven day 'cool off' period for anyone requesting a ban and account deletion. One of us will be there to make sure this is what they want and to help fix anything that might need fixing. They aren't IP banned and can make another account down the road. Thew we have banned went for full retard, a 30 day ban wouldn't have helped  Eyeroll
Heartflowers

Yes, I forgot about the 7 day 'cool-off period.' I also never knew that the IP addresses are not banned. Most other forums ban IP addresses. Those two facts alone allows for a change of heart.  Daydream
[-] The following 7 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, bigD111, LucyBarnable, MysticPizza, Skyrison, WNC
(01-20-2020, 12:57 PM)Angry_Red_Man Wrote: You really have to pile the Stupid on top of the Stupid and frost that Stupid Cake with more Stupid to even get a day off ban around here.

We try very hard to work with everyone in order to handle the issues that come up. We want to make their experience here something they want to repeat. Open door policy for everyone to discuss whatever issues with the site, the others, or us at any time they feel the need to voice their complaints.

Despite rumors to the contrary, we do very little moderating of our members. Not much gets deleted, and half of what does is double posts or by user request.

We will step in if things go too far sideways, but we work under the assumption that y'all are at least moderately intelligent and responsible adults who can figure out on your own if something crosses a line or not.

I do know the joke about 'assume'. We do it anyway. Chuckle

Damn, dude... you certainly don't sound like an @Angry_Red_ManChuckle

Your reply was a perfect one, indeed!  Heartflowers
[-] The following 8 users Like =cm='s post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, bigD111, LucyBarnable, Oldcynic, RedAuroras, Sami aka Roxi, Skyrison
(01-20-2020, 12:25 PM)Catch Wrote:

Heartflowers ~cm

The 3 you mentioned posted here intentionally to troll/cause issues. Immature shit to be honest. They can go post their nonsense at AE if they wish, but not here.

YS7pFXa
[-] The following 6 users Like Skyrison's post:
  • =cm=, Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, bigD111, LucyBarnable, WNC
(01-20-2020, 12:43 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: There is a seven day 'cool off' period for anyone requesting a ban and account deletion. One of us will be there to make sure this is what they want and to help fix anything that might need fixing. They aren't IP banned and can make another account down the road. Thew we have banned went for full retard, a 30 day ban wouldn't have helped  Eyeroll
Heartflowers
Sorrysmi Fhug Grump
[-] The following 7 users Like Skyrison's post:
  • =cm=, Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, Dangerously Nameless, LucyBarnable, MysticPizza, WNC
(01-20-2020, 01:07 PM)CrypticMole Wrote:
Heartflowers

Yes, I forgot about the 7 day 'cool-off period.' I also never knew that the IP addresses are not banned. Most other forums ban IP addresses. Those two facts alone allows for a change of heart.  Daydream
IP bans are for guests that can't get a grip. I don't recall ever banning the IP of a registered member. Heartflowers
She became the abyss~Nova Rockaeller
[-] The following 7 users Like MysticPizza's post:
  • =cm=, Angry_Red_Man, Apache54, bigD111, Dangerously Nameless, Skyrison, WNC